Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Winter 06/07
20 Posts
The major tour operators seem to have 3 seasons bookable. At the moment (until 31 October), we are still in Summer 05 season, we are able to book through to Summer 06. From next week, I'm expecting some Preview brochures for the majors (Airtours, Thomas Cook, Thomson, First Choice) for Winter 06.

However for some long haul operators, Winter 06 is already out. E.g. Kuoni have their brochures out for Jan-Dec 06. Just depends where and when you want to go.
Thanks for the info. I shall be surfing like mad later on this week!!
Expect holidays on sale within the next 2 and half weeks for most companies.
first choice prices are now available 06/07
Thomas Cook and Airtours also on sale

Kath HT Admin
Portland Direct went on sale today. Benidorm 07 is now booked!! :lol:
Just tried to book Portland on line but it keeps saying - no matches etc can be found so I phoned them and she said brochures are delayed for another 2 weeks?????
It depends which airport you are hoping to book from. I couldn't get a match for Blackpool in February, but there was plenty of choice from Manchester.
iloveholidays, going from manchester. Will have another shot later.
I've just tried the Portland website for Red Sea April 07, and could get lots of matches. Admittedly from the London Airports, but it looks like it's up and running now. :D
Has anyone actually managed to get a First Choice 06/07 brochure yet? I know they're on sale, either from the website or in the travel agents, but nowhere has the brochure :? I like to have a brochure to browse through and take my time, rather than being 'rushed' in a travel agents.
i've only seen the main first choice brochure, and that was an agents copy. none of their umbrella of companies seem to have a brochure out at the mo and its the same on their web site.

strange though can get prices from first choice for flight only on a thomas cook flight which thomas cook haven't put on sale themselves yet!
The FC Winter 06/07 brochure hasn't been published yet - it will come out about the middle of next month.

Rach
The eclipse direct brochure is out for holidays from nov 05 to october 06 but you will have to phone them to request a brochure, if you want there number it is Brochure Requests 08702 432 432 and quote ref; 9A03005, I use them all the time and find them alot cheaper than most other companies, they are also part of first choice. :)
I booked with Portland for ski lanka Xmas 2006 last month. Off to Kenya next week. and Eygpt in the summer. I start to panic if I haven't got a couple of holidays booked ahead :lol:
First Choice long haul brochure if available until April 07 I got a copy of it on Tuesday. Short haul holidays are on sale on the web site but I haven't been able to get brochure yet.
Got my new Eclipse brochure in the post this morning for April 06 to April 07 :D I'd already booked the Easter 07 holiday anyway, booked it at the end of November for a very good price :wink:
Me too, it arrived yesterday. If I get a few mins I'm going to spot check it to see if prices have changed much from the previous brochure. Well done booking for April 07, you sound very organised. :D
The new brochure has updated photos of the recent refurbishments at our Easter 06 hotel and our Easter 07 apartments, which was what I wanted to see, as well as updated information about facilities on offer :)

Just checked the online prices for holidays I have booked:
My Easter 06 holiday to Gran Canaria has gone up by £40 since I booked in June 05 (Eclipse)
My Easter 07 holiday to Fuerteventura has gone up by £80 since I booked in November 05 (Eclipse)
My August 06 holiday to Turkey has gone up by £500 :shock: since I booked in April 05 (First Choice)
I'm so glad I booked early :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.