Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Winter 09/10
10 Posts
I cant see them . :cry . Is that just Long haul or Europe as well.
Apologies for the delay in replying. They're not there now - guess we'll all have to wait until after 1st November, if that's when they go on sale :(
Thomson Holidays Winter 2009/10 holidays have reappeared on Thomas Cook website, but as previously stated bookings not being taken. When did Thomas Cook start putting other companies holidays (those not in the Thomas Cook group- ie Thomsons) on their website.
They have always been on their website although I haven't found the prices as good as booking with TUI. (well Portland)
Portland and Thomson Winter 09/10 are on sale now!!! Thomas Cook are on the website, but you can't book yet. Prices on all sites outrageous!!
First Choice holidays for next winter now on sale. I was looking to book a break in Tenerife next November. Price compared with Thomas Cook holidays was very similar, on a like for like basis there was only a £2 difference in the price of my holiday. Although not yet taking bookings on line Thomas Cook are accepting telephone bookings. I ended up booking with Thomas Cook as I preferred the flight times. (although I know these can change).
Looks like Thomas Cook prices for 2009/10 are changing already. I booked my holiday for November 2009 just over a week ago, although I suspected prices might fall due to reduced fuel costs. However the holiday I booked has gone up £28 for two people. The brochure cost remained the same, but the online booking discount was reduced by £28. Am I correct in assuming that as I have already booked Thomas Cook will not alter my discount and add the £28 to current invoice.
You'll be fine Coyote, your invoice won't change to reflect the price increase. Often, the advice is given on here that you shouldn't check the prices after you've booked - either you can gloat because the price has gone up or you will be gutted because the price has fallen! I check occasionally out of curiousity, human nature I think! It's worth keeping an eye on the price though - if the total price falls by more than the deposit you've paid, it is worth contacting the tour operator. If you tell them you want to cancel and lose your deposit and re-book at the cheaper price, they will usually just apply the new price to your holiday as it saves them a lot of faffing around.

I booked a holiday to Egypt next February with Thomas Cook for £2200 and paid a £75 deposit. When I next checked the price it was £1800. Even after losing the deposit, I would be £325 better off but when I asked TC to cancel and rebook, they just discounted my holiday by the £325.
Yes - prices for winter 2009/2010 seem to now have gone off the scale. Guess that's down to reduced competition with only the "big two" left.
Maybe the credit crunch will change things - but one doesn't know which way! Possibly there will be even more cancelled flights/ "rationalisations" if bookings are down.
I've booked Kenya Christmas 2009 with Thomas Cook. Was happy now they have upgraded all their aircraft to good IFE and legroom. Today just noticed that Thomas Cook are now actually using Monarch (Sardine Can) Airways instead of their own planes for these flights. Eurrgh!!

:cry
Another cutback/rationalisation? Should have read the small print I guess!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.