Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Winter Let
6 Posts
La Manga is not on the Costa Blanca, it is on the Costa Calida.

I have only been to La Viñuela once, but from what I can remember it is rural and the main attraction was the lake. To be honest, I wouldn't have chosen the place as a winter destination for myself, and certainly not if I had 2 young children with me. That's not to say the place isn't picturesque, but personally, I think the whole place could be enjoyed in one afternoon.

To help myself and others in recommending a destination, perhaps you can tell us what did you and your children find so enjoyable?

Even though La Manga is relatively quite over Christmas, I can't see it being any more quite than La Viñuela. My main concern would be the weather.
La Manga is a peninsular, it is windy at the best times of year.
Hi, I stopped on the Mar Menor 13 Dec - 24 Dec and the weather was very mixed and at times it was very windy. Drove up part of La Manga Strip one morning and it looked very quiet but never went at night so it could have been more lively then!!!! Spoke to some people at the airport (had a 3 hour delay due to weather back home) who had stopped at La Managa for the golf and enjoyed it but said it was fairly quiet. There are plenty of nice places to go round the area if you have a car but not sure if it is a place for young children in the winter but it depends what you like to do.
Thanks for the replies.
Sorry about posting on the wrong forum.
Oly I enjoyed La Vinuela as for a change it was nice to be in amongst the real Spain.
We went to Alhama and had a dip in the hot springs at Los Banos(kids loved that)ate in so many different 'local restaurants' and the kids loved trying to speak to the locals, who were great with them.Went to Malaga to see the Xmas lights,rode the trams from Velez malaga,had xmas day on the beach at Torre.Weather was not that great most of the time,(rain was warmer than at home) had a few good warm days.
As for this year I was just looking for a get away with a few things to do for the kids and also I play a bit of golf (5 handicap) and would like a couple of rounds somewhere.

Cheers
Stevie C
Hello Stevie,

As you have found, Spanish areas tend to be quite over the Christmas period, but you seem to not mind getting out and about to find what entertainment is on offer.

As a golfer you may be impressed with La Manga, but perhaps not with the cost of a round of golf or the price of food and drinks there, and as I said earlier, La Manga strip is exposed and the weather is changeable in winter.

With golf in mind and with your intention to drive for entertainment take a look HERE.

I have to tell you that I own the website that I have linked you to and the apartments that it relates to, but I have also tried to include plenty of information about the general area.
Oly Daze,again thanks for the reply.
I have had a look at your website and would definately be interested.When the flights from Scotland have been released,I will get back in touch.

:tup Stevie C
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.