Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hi
has anyone been to the plans bay apt/hotel tsivili ??? we were booked to go to planos bay but the sales rep has booked us the wrong holiday. :twisted: not very happy as we have had the holiday booked since June and have just noticed they have two complexe's with the same name

Thanks
Nikki
Hi Nikki.. ..

Even regulars to Tsilivi get confused :wink: :wink: >>

http://www.tsilivi.co.uk/index.php?topic=4076.0

Do a search here for loads of Planos info..
Just enter Planos and plenty of messages come up..

http://www.tsilivi.co.uk/index.php?action=search

Paul..
Thanks for the info have just registered and hopefully someone may be able to give me some inofo ???

Nikki
Becky4shaw.... i dont think you will have any problems with booking a room/ or your own room for the extra night, my mate and i, were staying in the bitzaro grande in kalamaki, our flights were for 5a.m.... but for 30euros we could keep our own room untill 1am.... so we managed to get a little rest befor being taken to the airport.... have a brill hol, its great there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
thanks for the info- im sure we will be able to do the same

:wink
everything about zante is absolutly gorgous..... except for the airport..... that was horrendos!
Becky 4 shaw... well i went in oct, last year and believe me it was so hot...... i loved it, but my friend couldnt even sit out in it! came home with a gorgous suntan... so its gonna be so much hotter in september!
my only complaint is, i didnt see not one single turtle, even tho we went for a cruise round the island... not to be missed... beautiful scenery!
going to zante my passport will have 4 months left when i return will this be ok or do i need to renew it
Hi

We've just booked for September in the Tassia studios in Laganas and wonder if anyone has stayed there and knows what it's like?

Also does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to get a taxi from Zante airport to Laganas ?

Thanks very much

Rac
Hi Rac...

I've stayed at the Tassia. Nice studio / apartment hotel with pool and bar serving food. The familly that run the Tassia are really nice people and it's managed by Kostas. Plenty of returning guests each year as many like the hotel position and the excellent service from Kostas and his familly.

The Tassia is situated a fair way from the centre of Laganas (see the map on the rescue club guide Tassia is No 2 nar the top of the map)

http://www.rescueclub.net/Rescue%20Guide.htm

The airport is fairly close and quoted prices for the airport to Laganas is €12

http://www.zantetaxi.gr/en_prices.php

Good selection of local restaurants nearby and a local supermarket "Palataki" with very helpful and friendly owners..

Paul..
H Paul

Thanks for your reply.
I hope you don't mind me asking you a few more questions.

How far is the walk from the Tassia into Laganas?and is it hilly ?
Can you see the sea at all from there ?
Did you go with Thomas Cook ?
Have you ever been to Zante in September and if so was there much rain and is Laganas as busy at that time of year?
Thanks very much

Rac :D
Hi Rac....

Pleased to help with any questions.. ..

1) How far is the walk from the Tassia into Laganas?and is it hilly ?
2) Can you see the sea at all from there ?
3) Did you go with Thomas Cook ?
4) Have you ever been to Zante in September and if so was there much rain and is Laganas as busy at that time of year?

1) Tassia into Laganas is a fair distance to walk although we did it everyday to the beach and back and then in the evenings back into the center to meet friends and eat and visit a few bars, most nights we got a taxi back. Distance is over two miles i reckon all on the flat although there is a bus stop just along the road and taxis are €5 - 6. If you need a Taxi Kostas will normally phone for one from the bar.

2) We didn't have any view of the sea from our 1st floor room although i'm not sure if you can from any rooms of the apartments as its so far inland. Not many Laganas apartments do have any seaview apart from those right on the beach.

3) We booked with Sunset who i believe are part of Thomas Cook >>
http://www.directline-holidays.co.uk/Sunset%20Holidays

4) I've been twice in June & once in May so i'm afraid i have no experience of what you can expect in September although the only really quiet periods are early May and the last few weeks of October.

Paul..
Thanks very much for your help Paul
Rac :D
Hi Rac ! I've been to Zante twice in September the firt time to Argassi and the second to Laganas. During the first fortnight we had one light shower - no one moved out of the pool and one absolute downpour in the evening that lasted about an hour. The second time we had fourteen days of beautiful sunshine and not a drop of rain.
Thanks Helen
That's just what I wanted to hear. :D
Rac
think laganas is like the magaluf of zante ,

so i hear :?
Is it like the Magaluf of Zante?

Me and a few friends are going in a week, and though we do enjoy going out and that, I went to Magaluf a few years ago and wasn't all that impressed, mainly sticking to the outskirts avoiding the repetative theme of bars and choosing ones with a bit more character.

I love going to clubs, but on holiday I want something slightly different, is there 'nice' bits of Laganas so to speak?
Hi Rac.. ..

Just remembered another September tripper to the Tassia.. .. >>

Becky.. ..

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=692754#692754

Paul.. ..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.