Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Thanks for your feedback Lizzie :tup

We are really looking forward to going ;) as most of the feedback we have heard/read has been excellent. We're not too worried about costs as we have booked all inclusive and we've read various (hundreds lol) of feedback and most are giving the food 100%. Our only concern is the room, have contacted hotel directly and they have said we can upgrade to a room in the fishing village area when we arrive for an extra 15 euros per day but to be honest don't want to pay that if rooms in older part are fine :que Probably just have to wait until we get there now and see what we're faced with :think

Only 172 sleeps to go :sun2
Hi, stayed here in July 09 in Aegean village 1 bed appt. We did encounter a few problems with Ants etc but the apartment was ok overall just v basic. The setting is very 'greek' on this side with whitewashed buildings and lots of greenery and grass and beautiful flowers all around apt. Fishing village although far superior quality setting much more modern no grass everything brick & tile. Liked Aegean side of the village as much more peaceful and quiet as all daytime entertainment is at Fishing village. However the evening entertainment was in the middle so not far from both. Its personal tastes which side you will like best.
Hi, could any one help as we are going self catering as there were no al inclusive options available. We have been told we can upgrade when we get there does any one know of how much it is to upgrade to al inclusive also is there any reasonably priced supermarkets close to hand just in case it is too expensive to upgrade i am expecting it to be dear to upgrade but not pay over the odds so fingers crossed. Any help will be appreciated thanks :sun2
Hi Marktina, I emailed the hotel direct at the weekend to find out the same thing, to upgrade from SC to AI. They were really quick to get back to me. I was quoted as a promotion, €36 per day if we booked this within the first 2 days of arriving and to book it for the full holiday. Otherwise is was going to be something like €45 per day. We have booked through 1st choice and to be honest, i would rather pay the hotel direct than go through them. Think it will be worth it though, with the £ being so poor just now and i know how much we spent in Corfu a couple of years ago on drinks and food through the day! Hope this helps.
Ann G :)
We have just returned from a fab 8 nights at the Aliathon. As usual we stayed in the Aegeon Village (room 312). This time we did not venture down the harbour, just totally chilled by the pool during the day. The furthest we walked was to the 'triangle' to a couple of our favourite restaurants, otherwise we stayed put :cheers

Ann-G......., not long for you now!! There is a pergola - but this is by the pool and there is no walkway. But people were getting married in a courtyard not far from the church which in my opinion is a much better setting. BE CAREFUL, First Choice don't tell you about any 'hidden extras' in the wedding packages - I was given the 'inside info' on that one!!!! So if you can, check with them what's included in the wedding packages and what you'll be expected to pay extra for once you get there.
I did however see a wedding album (which I am sure First Choice sorted) this was really really beautiful, but not sure how much this cost.

Anyway - have a great time and a fabulous wedding - wishing you and your future intended all the happiness in the world :cheers

By the way - we'll be back at the Aliathon for two weeks......leaving on the 22nd of Sept!!!!

Maggie xx
hello all
we r thinking of booking this hotel,just wondered what the beach is like?because the kids love building sand castles :) and how far is it away?
thank you in advance
well ive booked it now :rofl
im so excited its not till may next yr so im going to be wishing the next year away.

another quick question tho-
wat do the men wear for meals?we rare AI
will cut off be ok?
Hi troops - there is a beach across the road by the Ledra Beach Hotel, but it's not very good. The best thing you can do is go on the bus to Coral Bay for the day. The bus stop is across the road from the Aliathon.
Men can wear cut offs for the meals, but just incase you fancy going to a nice restaurant take a pair of long trousers because although you're going AI you just never know!!
We've only got another 13 weeks left until our 2 weeks back there again - can't wait :cheers
sorry i missed this reply :whoops
thank you,ill pack him a couple of pairs just in case :)
Our tickets for the Aliathon arrived yesterday. In the information it states that all inclusive includes breakfast, lunch and dinner in the buffet restaurant and unlimited drinks from, among others, the pool bar. In another section it states that snacks are available from the pool bar during the day. I had been led to believe that the snacks were part of the AI but this is not clear from the info. Can anyone clarify this?
Just came back from the Aliathon and it was amazing. You can have snacks by the pool through the day or you can go down to the main restaurant for lunch. The snacks are within the AI and you get things like sandwiches & ice cream, or up at the fishing village pool it was burgers, chips, etc. If you are wanting a bit more, then go down to the main restaurant where there is far more choice, pasta, salad, hot meals, etc. I'll post a full reply about the holiday next week when i get all the washing done!!haha The joys of coming back. It was fab though and you will enjoy.
Ann G :wave:
Thanks Ann, I thought as much but the information was a bit confusing. I'd already contacted the hotel with some other queries when the tickets arrived, but they did confirm to me that although check out time is 12:00 you can still use the AI facilities until you leave, which is useful to us as we have a 00:55 return flight. Another thing, I have been reading recent reviews on Trip Advisor and someone mentioned that you can't take the AI drinks back to your room. Does anyone actually stop you? Seems a bit strange to stop guests drinking something they have actually paid the hotel for - I mean it's not as if they're free, you do pay for AI
can anyone tell me what the dress code at the Aliathon restaurants is. We don't want to get to dressed up at night, do the rooms have bath robes?
Hi Nick66, there isn't anyone actually stopping you from taking drinks to your room, but it could be a bit of a treck from the bar areas to your apartment. If your are getting drinks during the day, we got the drinks at the lagoon pool, but were sat round at the other pool infront of reception & nothing was ever said. Plus most of the drinks are served in the small plastic cups, rather than glass, for safety reasons with so many kids running about. At night, if you are at the main bar, you will get glasses though.

Abbiesam, the dress code i would say is smart/casual. During the day, it's ok to go in with your shorts, t-shirts, etc on, but i would say in the evening it's a bit more dressy. I'd seen before going that people were saying that the men had to wear long trousers, but my hubby wore linen cut-offs or 3/4 length trousers a few times and nothing was said. Not sure about the bath robes? We didn't in our room, but we were in the older part so not sure if they do in the newer Fishing Village apartments.

Enjoy your holiday, you will love the place.
:cheers Ann G
We're off to the Aliathon on Sunday, does anyone know what soft drinks are included in the AI as my youngest doesn't like fizzy drinks. Do they have juice, squash etc?
just got back yesterday nick66 you will have no problems with the drinks they have juice in the bars
enjoy your holiday
Can anyone tell me how much it is to upgrade to All Inclusive when you arrive at the Aliathon??
Hiya,
we contacted the hotel direct and i think it was something like €36 per day, but i also think that was a discounted rate. Best bet though is to email the hotel and they will tell you. The email address is info@aliathonvillage.com
Hope that helps. I would say that it is worth going for the upgrade though, especially if you have kids, as it is very expensive in Cyprus now. Most people are going AI or HB now, which means the restaurants/bars are not getting the customers in, so they in turn are putting their prices up. It was just me and my hubby, but i would still say it's worth changing.
Ann :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.