Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Nick66, glad you had a good holiday. :cheers We are travelling 5 weeks tomorrow :D Just wondered what type of room you stayed in? We have booked a one bedroom superior which I have been advised are all in the old part of the complex. I'm wondering if it's worth paying the extra 210 euros to upgrade to the new fishing village or not. I would be quite happy staying in the older part but I want there to be as few hiccups as possible as I'm taking my mum with us and it's our first holiday since my dad passed away :cry

Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

Lynda
Hi Lynda

We stayed in a 1 bedroom deluxe appartment in the fishing village overlooking the pool close to the lighthouse and also the restaurant/entertainment complex. Obviously you have little or no control over the actual location, we just struck lucky, but if you want to be in the fishing village you will need to upgrade. All 1 bedroom deluxe appartments are in the fishing village, all 1 bedroom superior appartments are in the Aegean village. The deluxe room was clean and spacious with absolutely no issues whatsoever. The Aegean village also looked nice, quieter and more mature as regards trees, plants etc and I believe the rooms have been renovated recently. Personally I was pleased that we were in the new part but it is personal. If you have small children then it is ideal because all activities are in the fishing village as is the excellent splash pool. If you're looking for a more relaxing holiday then you'd be better off in the Aegean village. I didn't hear of anyone having any problems with the rooms in eitehr part.

Hope this helps

Nick
Nick66

If you haven't done so already it would be appreciated if you could post an up to date hotel review for the benefit of other members. Link at the top of the page.

luci :wave
Hi, we are off to the HV Aliathon on 14th October :sun2 We have booked a Superior One Bedroom Apartment in the Aegean Village. I am currently in two minds whether to upgrade to a deluxe apartment or stay put in the Superior. I wondered if anyone could tell me apartment numbers in the Aegean Village that I could maybe request in advance that are nice and well positioned. Any info on either Aegean or Fishing Village would be a great help.

Lynda :cheers
Hi Lynda

I believe all the superior rooms in the Aegean Village are located close to the lagoon pool, so the location should be OK, ie away from reception. The Aegean Village is the quieter part and, being older, the trees, plants etc are more mature giving it less of an artificial feel then the Fishing Village has at the moment. All the daytime entertainment is centred on the main pool in the fishing village, the evening entertainment and main restaurant are in between the two. If you want to upgrade please note that it is only the one bedroom deluxe apartments (ie not two bedroom and not studios) that are guaranteed to be in the fishing village. Room numbers up to 1099 are Aegean Village, numbers beginning 11xx are FV ground floor (covered, shaded balconies!) and numbers beginning 12xx are FV second floor (no shade!).I can't remember the exact numbering sequence but we had 1148 which was ideally place with a direct view of the pool and the lighthouse, but set back from the main walkway, and only about 100m from the restaurant and entertainment complex (handy for getting drinks at night sitting on the balcony!)
Hi, we are going to the HV Aliathon on Wed and I just have a couple of questions if anyone can help me.

I have been reading through our ticket booklet and it states that All Inclusive alduts can use the Turkish Baths etc. Can anyone tell me if there is a charge for this or is it included in the holiday?? :que Also are the hairdryers in the rooms decent or should I take my own with me? (trivial I know).

Thanks in advance
Lynda :cheers

PS only 6 sleeps to go :sun2
Hi Lynda

The indoor pool/fitness centre are free for all-inclusive guests, I'm not sure exactly what's there as we didn't go in. As for the hairdryers, they're fine for us men but women may find them a bit basic, if you know what I mean.

Enjoy your holiday

Nick
Thanks for the advice Nick, I'll pack my own hairdryer to be on the safe side ;)
Hi

Ive just booked this holiday for May 2010 to the above hotel, however the only rooms available now are the 1 bed apartments. I was hoping to upgrade to superior or deluxe.

Has anyone stayed in a standard 1 bed and if so can you tell me what it was like and what furnishes etc it has.

Thanks very much
Just back from a fantastic 2 weeks at the HV Aliathon (will post review soon) :sun2 The weather was fab, the room was fab, the food was fab, what more can I saw :tup

Wanted to rebook for next year but the prices are horrific, so have booked elsewhere, will definately return to the Aliathon at some point in the future though.
Glad to hear you had a great time and many thanks for the review (when you have time) :cheers
Hi

Looking to book here middle of June time, hoping Nick reads this or someone of similar experience of the hol village. We will be travelling with our 2 kiddies aged 6 and 3 and take it the best part to stay would be the fishing village as I take it that is where the kids splash pool is located?? Nick would room 1148 be on the ground floor and would you recommend a ground floor over a 2nd floor?? Also is it only deluxe rooms that you can book on the fishing village side of the complex?

Thanks for your help

Ernie
Hi Ernie

The kids' splash pool is in the Fishing Village, behind the main pool, the kids will love it at those ages. Yes there are ony deluxe rooms in the fising village, but not all deluxe rooms are there, a bit confusing but this is what the hotel told me when I asked before we went:

"We would like to inform you that the location of rooms (Aegean Village or Fishing Village) depends on the type of room that you have booked. Please note that in the new Fishing Village all the rooms are ‘deluxe'. More precisely, all the deluxe one bedroom apartments; all the Kids Suites and all the Deluxe Family Duplexes are located within the new Fishing Village. However, deluxe studios and deluxe two bedroom apartments are located both in the Aegean Village (original Aliathon complex) and the new Fishing Village. The standard and superior rooms are located only in the Aegean Village"

All room numbers below 1100 are Aegean Village, all rooms numbered 11xx are Fishing Village ground floor all rooms numbered 12xx are Fishing Village first floor, which you prefer is a matter of personal preference, but it was very hot when we were there and the downstairs rooms have shade from the upstairs balconies.

Nick
Hi Nick

Thanks for the quick reply. Obviously we need to be in the fishing village complex of the hotel if we decide to go there then. Its a toss up between the holiday villages at Cyprus or Majorca at the min, would be ideal if anyone had experience of both and would recommend one over the other especially which one our kiddies (6 & 3 yrs) would enjoy the most. Been to HV Portugal and Benalmedeana and thought they were both very good.

Ernie
Hi Nick

Confusing stuff this. Went to the Travel Agents today to enquire about Cyprus HV. Trying to sort a price out for June and they tell me that a Deluxe room only sleeps 3 people. Is this correct as we would obviously like to stop in the fishing village side of the complex. There are no family dens left apparently.

Ernie
There are various types of Deluxe rooms, the Deluxe Studios sleep 3, Deluxe One Bedroom Apartments sleep 4 and the Deluxe Two Bedrooms sleep up to 6. It could be that the date your looking at only has the studios available!!!
That is correct, the deluxe studios only sleep 3 and they are in both parts of the complex. The deluxe one bedroom apartments sleep 4 and are all in the Fishing Village. Try checking the FC website and when you get to the room choice click see other room types (or something similar) if it gives you the option. You sometimes have to do some searching with FC and the agents only have access to the same details as on the website.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.