Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
All inclusive
12 Posts
Totally agree with you. I never recommend AI in Bulgaria,with most of the AI hotels you will find the majority of guests complain about the food and end up spending in the resort. I think many of the bars and restaurants are sufferring this year, due to the AI, as you said, also the number of apartments and people self catering.
weve been going A/I for the past 5 years it works out cheaper, but saying that we also spend on eating and drinking out and on trips, weve been BB with separate flight and that works out more expensive
3 adults, in a 2 bed apartment.Total cost,including flights, £1000 for 2 weeks between us. Flying Friday, is this not a good deal .We can pick and choose as we wish which I think is the best way to enjoy Bulgaria.

:sun2 Toonman
A/! 2 adults and child £1200 for 2 weeks, then we can pick and choose any extras we want, knowing at least the basics are covered
Still think I got a good deal at £620 for flights and room only. As you say the choice is yours then as to what you do. My total holiday cost me £920 for two adults for two weeks.

Bargain!

Dee
I have been full board, half board, b&b & SC ....never AI but after our HB & FB experience we never will ...the food is not upto the standards of the restaurants in the resorts or Varna ....inexpensive & great food in most .

We always try to get SC but will go b&b as I can eat anything & the wife & kids don't usually get up in time for breakfast :really

AI is killing resorts

Bulgarian people don't benefit from AI ...only the big bosses & the companies that own the resorts & hotels.
We tried A/I in Bulgaria but didnt like it at all. The only reason we booked it was at the time it worked out £50 more than what half board did so we thought what the heck we'll go for it. Theres so many good restaurants in both Golden Sands and Sunny Beach. In future I would go either s/c or B&B.

However, I know that many people especially families with young kids, prefer all incl and I can understand that because of the amount of soft drinks, snacks etc. they can consume.
Why do people think that if you go AI you have to stay in the hotel and never go out.
We go AI all the time but hate staying by the pool so we go out and explore go the local shops,pubs and restaurants as well.
You can still go out to eat whether you are AI or not. :que
AP1408 said:
Why do people think that if you go AI you have to stay in the hotel and never go out.

I totally agree - you get a wristband, not a ball & chain! I've done B&B, HB & AI in Bulgaria, so I know that AI works best for us. We can do what we want, when we want, just like anybody else, but we don't have to trail around looking at menus, trying to decide which place to go to every night. if we see somewhere we fancy, we'll go there, but we can also stay put if we want to, especially on "pool days".
Last time we were there, we hired a taxi for a few days, and let the driver decide where we went, and had a great time, and will it again - that's how we put back into the local economy, so don't judge me with the rest.
doonhamer well said i also go all inclusive i have best of both worlds to eat in or out and like you i dont eat everynight in hotel and 1wk all inclusive in laguna park s beach only cost me 483 and food was good :tup
Most of these all inclusive hotels are a bit below standard you are looking for .For example most of them have no aircon which in high summer is a must .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.