Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I can understand you being worried.

You should be getting more information than what is being provided. If for some reason the tickets have been lost in the takeover and they are'nt going to re-issue them, then they should be making contingency arrangements for the tickets to be issued at the airport on departure.

I would speak to the shop manager and get them to sort out something satisfactory for you!

Kath HT Admin
It wasn't booked through a shop Kathy. The lead person booked it over the phone with a contact in Going Places in Birmingham. We have travelled with these people before with no problems..but since the take over...nothing.
We have been promised "silver delivery" today..but who knows.
Would have thought at this late stage they would be saying to pick them up at the airport.

Hope you have heard by now and have a fantastic trip!
sigh of relief....tickets arrived this lunchtime. Haven't seen them yet to check if they are ok.but at least they are with the lead person!!!

cheers everyone. Egypt here i come.. :fly
HOORAY!!!! Thank goodness for that!

Have a fab holiday

Regards

Nic
Lead person gave me my tickets last night..but I also have the tickets for 2 people who I don't know from Adam. Apparantly it is all block booking and they have lumped me, Rob and one of the kids with these 2 blokes and our other kid Gav (who is 15) somewhere else.

I have no way of contacting these guys to let them know I have their tickets or how i will arrange to get them to them at the airport.

What a shambles....
Oh my goodness these blokes must be pooping themselves. Do you know who has Gav's tickets?
So in answer to your original question - yes, you were right to be worried :roll: I hope you get it sorted but it sounds as if this bunch of clowns couldn't be trusted to organise a bun fight in a bakery. :shock:
Don't know where Gav's tickets are..still don't know what to do about these other guys tickets..and if someone else had my tickets i would not be impressed...either way, hopefully it will be sorted out at the airport tomorrow. I think the best thing i can do is leave these guys tickets at the check in desk and hope that they have the sense to go there and ask..maybe who ever has Gav's will do the same?

We'd at least better be together on the plane..i am sure under 16's have to travel with a parent or guardian.

thanks for all your support guys :ghug
Don't you believe it Val. British Airways separated me from my 12 year old on a 9 hour flight. They put him in a middle seat between two middle aged men at the other end of the aircraft from me. I was not best pleased!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.