Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
worried
10 Posts
It depends entirely on what or how you have booked. Did you book through a Tour Operator or DIY?

If DIY, you will struggle to get assistance.

Typically, if, and only if, the Foreign Office advises against travel, you can get a refund.

They are just advising extra vigilance - see http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-living-overseas/travel-advice-by-country/asia-oceania/thailand

Personally, I would have no issues, not one, about travelling. I receive up to date updates from Thailand, and am happy to post them if that would help people.
I guess it's your decision whether to cancel or not. We are going to Phuket in 5 weeks and have no intention of cancelling.

This is the Australian DFAT warning for Thailand

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Thailand

I cannot comment in regards to UK travel insurance, however, it's my belief for us in Australia our travel insurance will only pay out if the airline considers it it unsafe to fly into the country and cancels the flight.

I do sympathize how you feel... we was in the same boat a few years ago when terrorists bombed Bali the second time just days before we were to travel. Do to Government intervention everyone who chose not to travel were guaranteed 100% money back.

This probaly hasn't helped you decide, but as I said we are still going.

Cheers Geri
i will still travel. i have been on other forums and they say the trouble is likened to 2 football clubs fighting . but the thai government have had to declare a state of emergency so they can use the army to help out . i am more worried about getting there and being stuck in the airport. i will still be travelling if the plane takes off.. :cheers
I too are going out at the end of the month, for several; months. however it seems a peacefull protest at the moment and just a few delays at airports such as phuket etc..
Unless stated by your goverment not too travel, please travel and enjoy.

Thailand will sort this out in a democratic way, we all hope
we are traveling to Thailand on October 11th and unless advised by our travel agent not to go then we will be going. We are so looking forward to this trip as we have never been before to Thailand.
Saffon,

Great to hear your positive. I am always jealous of ist time visitors to the Land of smailes as i really remember my first time setting foot in Thailand. The word mind blowing springs to mind and love to see the faces of new visitors. It an unbeliveable place and you will have many great times.

Enjoy the Kingdom and please look at what may be on offer, if you decide too live out their
lunaphuket.com

Paradise, if your in phuket , give me a shout
An update for those who may be interested:

UPDATE ON THE POLITICAL SITUATION IN THAILAND- 15th September

** Sorry Sam- we dont allow emails to be copied on the forum for legal reasons. If you can paraphrase what was said then that would be good.***
Fiona ht mod
Things may be back to normal just now, but I think this is just a lull in the storm that is brewing. The PPP party has stated they'll re-nominate Samak Sundaravej for leader. However, if Samak is not returned then his likely replacement will be Somchai Wongsawat, the brother-in-law of ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra. One of PAD's main beefs was Samak Sundaravej was merely a proxy for Thaksin, then the same will apply when his bro-in-law is at the helm. Thaksin is still pulling the strings from London.
CRISIS WHAT CRISIS?
** sorry- we dont allow emails to be copied on the forums due to legal reasons.**
Fiona ht mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.