Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Although I stayed here myself we went AI through travel agent for full 2wks. I do remember seeing the price advertised at reception per day but don't know whether that meant you could pay daily. Try e.mailing them (although they never replied to any of my e.mails)
When we were there at Easter there was a family staying in the apartments, they did self-catering for the first week of their holiday while they were out and about a lot and then upgraded to AI for their 2nd week when they just wanted to chill around the hotel. So I think you can pay just for the number of days you require.
Our coach back to the airport wasn't due until midnight and our AI finished at noon when we checked out of the room (you have to present your keycard or give your room number at the bars etc and it's all done on the computer). We paid a small amount to keep our AI for the rest of the day and it wasn't a problem.
Thanks for that. I will email them nearer the time to ask for certain. We only leave in the evening aswell so it might be a good idea for us to pay the extra on the last day.
Hi, Can anyone give me info on this hotel. Is the food good or will we be eating out ?
Any good bars nearby, we love live rock music.
Any help greatly appreciated.

8) Toonman
Hi Toonman

You can read recent reviews HERE.

Pippy :D
Hi Toonman :D We stayed at the Las Marg at Easter. The food is excellent and you won't need to eat out unless you fancy a change some nights. The location is a bit poor - right at the back of the resort and not much around the hotel. There are some bars within walking distance at the Chaperal centre, they are the "Sky Sports and Brit beers" type of bars. You can also walk to the Yumbo centre and most of the bars there are drag artists. I really couldn't tell you where to find live rock music though
:shrug
Agree with above post (unless you're really fussy!) Have to say didn't like resort but don't be put off.
In answer to the query about the All Inclusive option - it is 28 euros per day for adults and 14 euros per day for children. AI is available 10am until 11pm but on your last day it finishes at 12 noon.

We considered it as we were self catering but you could only have it at the end of your holiday ie you couldn't have it for say three days in the middle of your week or fortnight stay. We wanted to take the option up for a few days in the middle of our holiday and then return to some of the better restaurants towards the end but reception said we couldn't do that !!

Would highly recommend the Barcelo - it is in the quieter part of the resort which when you see the busier parts you might appreciate. Taxi's to the classy Faro Boulevard (promenade that runs along Maspalomas from the Lighthouse) are only 3 euro's and they pass the Barcelo all the time - well worth a visit if you get fed up of chips with everything.

Any queries on the hotel or resort just pm me
Hi I am looking to go all inclusive to this hotel next year but i cant find which tour operators offer the all inclusive deal. i have found airtours do the half board option but i really want all inc, any help would be great to save me searching any more.
thanks
Helen x
Hi Helen :D We went all-inclusive with Eclipse/First Choice, but you can upgrade to all-inclusive when you get there anyway, you just pay the hotel reception, and it's probably cheaper doing it that way :wink:
Can anyone tell me if my son would be able to connect a PS2 to the TV in the hotel room? He has a disability and he doesnt sleep through the night, he usually plays quietly on the PS2.

Thankyou :D
hi - had a letter today from first choice warning that there was work going on at the sunwing apartments next door to the Margaritas. Has anyone been very recently and found this to be a problem?
We have also received a letter from First Choice regarding the building work next to the hotel, hopefully by the time we get there it will be nearly finished, we are due to go on 21st May for 2 weeks.
As far as I can remember (was there last July) I can't see this being a problem. Don't actually recall any apts being in immediate vicinity.

Are you staying in hotel or apts at Barcelo??
Hi, i'm not quite sure where we are staying, i think it could be hotel as we are going all inclusive.
You will be in the hotel. Majority of rooms face onto pool.
think we are in the hotel - going HB. Aparently the work is to add a new wing to the hotel 'adjacent' to the barcelo - roof has to go on or something followed by 'some internal and external work'

nervous now!
I can't think where they'd have space to be building a new wing, there are shops and businesses in the surrounding area, but anyway, the pool and bar areas of the hotel and apartments are enclosed in their own lovely gardens and I shouldn't imagine you'd be disturbed too much. You are free to use both pools and bars from either side whether you're in the hotel or apartments.
The hotel pool is surrounded by tall palm trees and has a fair bit of shade in the morning and late afternoon. The apartments' pool area is up some steps through the gardens and this pool has full sun all day long, but no activities - the entertainment reps do all their stuff around the hotel pool.
You'll have a great time, and the food is lovely :wink:
anyone recently been to the margaritas? wondering if the works going on tht i received a letter about actually affect anything, and also just wondering what its like in general......

really looking forward to going on May 12th, but wondering wether to upgrade from HB to AI
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.