Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
had a few breakfasts at the Hoxton bar but there in May and it was still closed.But all is not lost a few mins down the road from the Terralta is one of our favourites the Solano bar(we call it the silver bar for obvious reason ie tables and chairs)Great outside terrace which is a real sun trap get a free tapas with your drink,a great chill out bar.SteveH
nice one steven,when you say it's just down the road,do you know where exactly,went to the terralta in 2004 and don't remember finding a bar down the road at all?

:think
A newish bar with a large terrace is the Secret Fountain at the Marina hotel on Calle Gerona.

luci :wave
Hi Sambacasual,I'm not very good at giving directions but here goes the Solano is down the road that the number twelve bus turns down.More than one way to walk there but the easiest for me to tell is from the Terralta turn left and keep on walking until you get to the big main road turn right down here towards the beach and you should see the Solano on this side of the road after about 50 yards.Big umberellas and silver furnishings.Recently we have stayed in S/C on the Rincon end but always spend a few afternoons at the Solano real chill out place Steve
The Union Jack is next to where the Hoxton was. Cheap beer, big sun terrace and good food. I recommend the pies which is a good recommendation given where I'm from!
Ha ha, yeah Wiganers do know their pies! I doubt we'll be eating any English food if we can help it, part of going to Spain to me is the food, Living in Greece you do get to appreciate food from 'home' but only on occasion!

Cheers for your help,and to you Luci and steven :cheers
  • Edited by David 2011-07-20 21:59:34
    Recent posts now added to the Bars & Clubs topic, to catch the attention of those subscribed to this thread.
The Secret Fountain mentioned by Lucy has a bonus that (last year at least) it has access to the Marina's swimming pool, so kids don't need to hang around the bar getting bored while you have a quick afternoon lager!
hi can anyone tell me if the london bar is still open and is it cheap for drinks still we havent been for a couple of years but are going next year at end of august thanks anyone for any info :que :cheers :wave:
Definately open and definately VERY cheap for drinks - 1.30 a pint. Really nice friendly staff as well.
Wendy
Yep its still open & still cheap, in fact there's some really cracking bars on Calle Londres including the new Tommy Cooper Lounge, Fawlty Towers has moved further up the street & is larger now, also La Murada right at the top & Lino's & Saxo's further down!

Best Regards - Taggy
Hi Taggy do you know if Taffs Bar is open, when we went last Dec it was closed. I know that they were talking of selling up but it's a bad time at the moment . We used to like the quiz there and used to pop in for a drink and a chat .
Hi MIke..i believe Taffs Bar is closed now & think they've gone back to UK...but not certain on the last bit! Reg & Brenda though are definitely still in Benidorm & they often drink up on Calle Londres now late on of an evening at The Tommy Cooper Lounge & Saxo's Bar!

Best Regards - Taggy

PS...THey do Quiz nights at Fawlty Towers up on Calle Londres & its a new bigger bar than previous...just further up the street!
Thanks Taggy.
Ok on Fawlty Towers moving and the new Tommy Cooper bar no doubt we will be giving them a visit.
Would be nice to see Brenda and Reg again we will be there 16th/30th this month.
We're there 20th-25th(not long enough)
we spend a lot of time on Calle Londres!
YP2 mainly but have been in all the others :D
can MASSIVELY recommend the rock n roll house,me and my GF are only 37 and 29 so not of the era at all but we went in one night and saw a shakin' stevens tribute followed by an elvis tribute,both were really good,not just in their music but also really good entertainment,whereas a lot of acts just come on,sing the songs and then go off again,these fellas got the whole bar involved and than came back on later to duet a load of different 60's songs,there was also other acts on that night but those 2 stood out,we're not the type to sit in a bar for more than 2 drinks but that night we stayed 4 hours,it was onnly 5E a round for us 2 and the place is busy but not stupidly cramped and crowded like a lot of the show bars. for me,even though i'm not into that sort of music,it was the best bar of the maybe 25 or so we went in on our holiday.

we also went in after we left a great night at the benidorm palace and there was a fella on doing a load of bryan ferry songs,also really good and a proper interactive entertainer.

:cheers
it's on av de severo ochoa in the rincon de loix area,not sure where you know as landmarks but it's right opposite the levante club hotel and about 100 yards from tropical and rachels,which if you don't know are on the same road as the benidorm palace,sorry if i'm teliing you stuff you already know. It really was good,all decked out with top quality rock n roll memorabilia and really good staff, we got in at about 8:45 and had a choice of tables,there was a lady singer on who was typical cruise/reps caberet type cover singer but she was just the warm up act so to speak,it was a saturday night and the proper shows started at 9:30,it was full up by about 10pm but not packed out and people are always willing to let you share their tables if there's spare chairs and when we went back in 4 days later the barmaid knew what we wanted without being asked,amazed she remembered,and the boss welcomed us back,great personal service,didn't find the other show bars quite the same.

We also tried the western saloon as i always find country and western/rockabilly music builds a great atmosphere but both times we went it was just irish folk type bands all night,very disappointed :cry

Have a great time

:cheers
Oh I know...up past the Regente......I rarely go up that end tbh....might give it a try next time round
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.