Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Thanks Taggy. We're off in May for 2 weeks. Had a ball in Tommy's last time.
whats wrong with john n josephs ?? perfectly nice cheap place to eat and drink
Certainly is, I've had a brekky in the early hours there.
lol il be in j&js on my way back to the riudor in june at about 7am after i leave cafe b happy days
They do a great brekky or bacon roll.
john and josephs wasnt good when we went..mind you that was years ago...we got food poisioning from the burgers..
I just love Moroccan and Tunisian food but can't find a single restaurant after several trips to Benidorm.With a very large Moroccan presence in Spain there must be one somewhere.Anyone help??? :( :( :(
For all fans of the Brilliant Deb n Her here is their latest Gig List for anyone going soon!

Mon 10pm Sinatras & 11pm Tropical
tues 9.30pm tower lounge & 11pm Chaplins
wed 10pm White horse & 11pm Tropical
thur 9pm Morgans & 11pm Plaza
fri 9pm Morgans & 11pm Tropical
sat 9pm Emma b ( celine dion tribute ) Tropical, & 11pm Chaplins
sun 8.30pm Emma b ( simply bassey tribute ) Uk cabaret bar, 11.30pm Buddies & Morgans 1am (?)

Best Regards - Taggy
I just had to mention the Steak night at Monroe's. We went last Saturday and it was DREADFUL! We each ordered a steak, 1 Medium rare, 1 Medium and 2 Medium well. They were all overcooked and tough as old boots. They didn't seem to have many staff on that night, and it was busy. If I'd been able to attract someone's attention, we would have sent them back. I started to get the impression that they were avoiding us to be honest. As it was, we barely ate half the meals. The stray cats had a feast that night (if they could manage to gnaw their way through it.)

I really wished we'd just had the carvery again. We had that a few nights earlier. When we had that meal, the staff were round regularly to ask how it was and to generally look after us.

We'll do the carvery again. That is excellent value for money and very nicely done. We will NOT be bothering with the steaks again.
:wave: taggy what are the drink prices like this year and do you no the exchange rate please .thanks steve. :cheers
steve wrote:
:wave: taggy what are the drink prices like this year and do you no the exchange rate please .thanks steve. :cheers

Drink prices are just as competitive as ever, plenty €1 pints to be found, dearer in Entertainment Bars of course! In Eurochange: Todays exchange 12th april: 1£ = 1,110€ / 1£ Cheque = 1,115€

Best Regards - Taggy
For all fans of the singer Neil Ross, he is not on at The Town now, but is back on at Talk Of The Coast at 10pm evernight!

Best Regards - Taggy
Just thought i'd mention that Debbie & Emma (Deb n Her) are about to restart their Rock Band, ROCK IT, again. They are currently in rehersals and will hopefully be up & running with it by the end of May!

There's a slight line up change, with Emma b on lead vocals, Debbie d vocals & percussion, Miguel on Guitar, and Diago on Drums.

They will again be performing Classic Rocks tracks from across the decades! This was a brilliant show last year & i'm sure its going to be great again this year, just a pity i'm going to miss the start of this when i'm over!

Best Regards - Taggy
Benidorm Revisited!!!

I have just finished persuading my wife to return to return to Benidorm after a 4/5 year absence.
Could someone please fill me in on a couple of our favorite old haunts....

Wooky Hollow
Rockys
Yorkshire Pride
Churchills
American Indian Bar (not sure of name)

Are these still round?
What are they like these days?
How much is drink (local lager) in these bars now?

Any other suggestions for bars to give a go?

Regards

D
Went last October and Wooky Hollow appeared to have closed down. Wooky Hollow 2 was still open though. All the other ones were open as far as I remember. Lager was about €3.50 in the larger bars and cabaret bars I think. Pleanty of places doing €1 a pint and 2-for-1 offers though.
Brilliant. I was quite disappointed when I found they were closed. Must have been having their hols as well.
Last time i was in Beni we went into the Hoxton pub and thought it was a great place,really enjoyed it in there,however i've been told that it closed down some time ago,does anyone know if it reopened,or if another similar style pub is there in it's place?

Really like the size of the place to be honest,i'm a fan of the bigger 'pubs' rather than the small shop-front sized places,we're there late august this year and although we're at the terralta we're hoping to find a regular pub to frequent that isn't Yorkshire,mancunian,scottish or irish(no offence but we're southerners!)and has a big outdoor area.

:tup
Nope definitely closed. When I was there in 2007 it had become an estate agents but I think that's since closed down. I'm sure it had become one of the Chinese tat shops last year when I was there.

I seem to recall a post saying that it had re-opened in other premises which seem to be true. There's a Hoxton Bar underneath an apartment block round the corner but that seems to have closed down as well.

Stick with the Union Jack: food is good and the beer is cheap and has a large sun terrace as well.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.