Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
TRopical, Rachels & Rock and Roll House are 3 Cracking Cabaret Bars!

Best Regards - Taggy
they didn't have much on in the way of acts when we went up there,just the odd 'cover singer' and loads of karaoke,so we didn't bother,we did go in rachels later on one night and they tried to charge us 8 euros for a house wine and soda,so we walked out again,also let down by yet more tracksuit wearing pr's outside,don't understand why these well staffed decent bars have chavvy looking people outside as their props but make all the other staff wear decent clothes,also we walked past several of them and the pr's were openly smoking weed and mouthing off at each other using the C word etc,in front of families,shame really as the bars themselves are all fairly decent.
The Tropical is a better bar than Rachels in my opinion, always had good acts on when i've been in there, and the bar staff & Michael the manager are friendly folk too! Cracking Terrace to sit out on too, both day & night, plus during the day they serve a lovely pint of Estrella Galicia for €1 !!

Best Regards - Taggy
I know there's quite a few people who come on here who like to see Debbie & Emma (DebnHer) when in Beni, so thought i'd pop up their current list of shows & times. Obviously things can vary a bit on a week to week basis, but these are their venues etc as they stand at the moment!

mon - sinatras 9pm & tropical 11pm
tues - morgans 9pm & tower lounge 10.30pm
wed - white horse 10pm & tropical 11pm
thurs - morgans 9pm & plaza 11pm
fri - tropical 10pm
sat - morgans 9pm & tower lounge 10.30pm
sun - sandras 10pm & buddies 11pm

The Girls are always really chuffed when folk come & see them have have a natter with them before or after their shows, so if you go to see them, they'd love you to make yourself known & have a chat with them. Smashing Gals they are, and a really top act in Beni!

Best Regards - Taggy
OK so review of the bars I went in earlier this month:

Tropical: Went in late one night towards the end of the singer's act (Carlos from 'Timeless'). He wasn't bad at all and in good voice especially considering that he'd cancelled his performance at the Levante Club hotel a couple of hours earlier due to illness......
Entertaining disco followed complete with videos. Estrella Galicia of good quality at €2.50 a half-litre.

Rachel's: Went in straight after the Tropical. About 5 people in. Annoying DJ who, seemingly in response to no-one wanting to sing on the karaoke, insisted in talking over the videos and cutting them off halfway through. Beer was allegedly Heineken at €2.50 a half-litre but tasted nothing like it. Forced it down and went back to the Tropical. I think they'd have to pay me more than Greece owes to get me to go in again.

Beer's Friends: Next door to Rachel's. Small bar with many football shirts on display. Nice enough bar more akin to what would be a 'locals' pub in the UK. Only popped in on my last nightfor a quick half. Amstel not bad quality at €1.30 a half litre.

Tavern Show Bar: Went in once to watch a particular football match. Large, rather gloomy bar. Has a 'Bookie's Room' where you can place bets. Estrella Levante at €1 a half litre was not very good quality.

Union Jack: Always busy with multiple football and rugby matches on. Very good British food, firendly staff. Estrella Levante average at €1.50 a half litre.

Lantern Bar: Nice quiet small bar on Calle Londres. Owned by a Dutch couple and, unsurprisingly, has a Dutch theme. Had very nice Amstel at €3 apint. Also got a free dish of cheese crackers.

J.J.'s (Cosmopolitan). Perennially busy bar when has bingo on which then empties at 11pm when it stops and changes to karaoke. Friendly staff. Below-par San Miguel at €1.50 a half-litre (up from €1 last year)

Western Saloon. How busy is this place? Lively bar with range of acts. Oddly enough tends to play rock music between the mainly country and rock acts. Estrella Damm at €2.60 a half litre. Good quality.

Stardust: Busy cabaret bar with four tribute acts and one comedian (Tony Scott) each night. Always crowded. San Miguel at €3.30 a half-litre.

Jail Rock Bar. Live music bar which feels more crowded than it should due to the layout. Heineken at €3.20 a half-litre (up from €3 last year)

Off to bed now: will post the rest tomorrow!
A new act that we saw last month in the Plaza fridays and Buddies wednesday was Deception.
A boy girl dance act somthing different from the usual singers tribute acts.
It reminded me of a act we saw a few years ago called the mad males.
Here is DebnHer's updated Gig list, which has altered a little, they arn't doing Sinatra's at the moment, but have added a show at Jokers.

mon : tropical 11pm

tues : morgans 9pm & tower lounge 10.30pm

wed : white horse 10pm & tropical 12pm

thur : morgans 9pm & plaza 11pm

fri : tropical 10pm & jokers 11pm

sat : morgans 9pm & tower lounge 10.30pm

sun : sandras 10pm & buddies 11.30pm

Best Regards - Taggy
Looking for lunch-time restaurant/bar/cafe recommendations in Alicante and area for last week of March.
Just back from Benidorm 24th March, for those of you who remember where Steptoes 1 used to be before
it changed to Rachels well it is now back to Steptoes 1 again.
That's right Mike, Neil Ross is singing there at the moment.

Best Regards - Taggy
Thats right Taggy also Danny Downing.
We used to like Steptoes 1 set out a bit strange but ok.
Won't be the same though without Mike St John.
Aye, very sadly missed isn't he, he was a lovely fella & a good act too!

Best Regards - Taggy
can anyone tell me if there is an age limit at buddies morgans and such like.
thnks madmum :que
There are age limits in some of the cabaret bars yes!
However it's pretty hit and miss wether they enforce them or not!
thanks for the rennie we had a great time again there
Madmum
I can't believe that there have been no posts in this thread since 2012!

I can't possibly update fully since then but here's a couple :D

What was Rachel's (next to the Tropical) is closed at the moment but will
be re-opening soon under new ownership.

Sandra's has closed! Asa Elliot is appearing at some other venues
to fit in with the TV filming schedules.

Peatloaf is appearing on this year's Britain's Got Talent
which starts this coming Saturday.

The Tommy Cooper Lounge is doubling in size, opening a kitchen
and will be putting some acts on.
Rennie is Sandras closed for refurb or closed for good got a friend that loves going in there she goes twice a year and goes in there many times whilst there :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.