Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Arrive in plenty of time, last year it took us 45 minutes to drop our bags off at Stansted. It took 40 minutes to get through the security check in also.
Still it saved some money as we hadn't time for any shopping or breakfast!
Do you still get 'free' fast lane to the Security area as a perk of Speedy Boarding at Manchester ? Going soon !
TFS1 wrote:
Do you still get 'free' fast lane to the Security area as a perk of Speedy Boarding at Manchester ? Going soon !

I think to qualify for fast track you need to have a Flexi ticket , I know this is the case at LGW , also if you have the Easyjet Plus card you can use fast track too , In my experiences I've not really found fast track to be that much quicker , but then the other security lanes have not been extremely busy either .
I assume Manchester is the same and on their website ( easyjets ) it does state that only Flexi and Plus customers can use fast track which I know is the rule followed at LGW .
thanks Andy,

Maybe it has changed since the last time we used Easyjet, we will find out on Saturday and report back. It has proved beneficial in past years as everyone seems to want to fly at the same time as we do !

We tend to fly from East Midlands and even when the airports busy I wouldn't pay for the express lane unless time was a premium - which for us it never is, or maybe because we are getting on a bit time is a premium - depends which way you look at it !

Chris
Chris , I think different airports run promotions from time to time , I know at LGW if you booked Premium parking you could use fast track , and when I booked the No1. Traveller lounge last year for a friend it entitled them to fast track lane . I think the trick here is that they want you to spend more money to get something that is not really worth it !!
Have a good flight !
I am happy to report that Easyjets Speedy Boarding at Manchester does still give you the added bonus of using the Fast track Security lane for 'free' and at 0700 this morning it was nice to have this perk.

Had a great flight and also had Roy Walker sitting next to us on the Tenerife bound flight - such a charming guy.
andy66 wrote:
Hey , say what you see :rofl

:rofl
While we were waiting to board there was thankfully only one person who uttered those words and received a smile in return.

However, I sensed a more direct and anglo-saxon reply was probably a more likely response had there not been so many people around !
Well I suppose its nice for him to be recognised , but then very annoying to to hear the same well used catchphrase every day , so from his point of view , " it's good , but its not right " :D :rofl
I guess when you are recognised it goes with the territory, sitting next to him for 4.5hr I tried not to ask those obvious questions but just general chat.

He was always happy to pose for the photos with others - we resisted and happy to have met him - I'm not that photogenic anyway !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.