Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Karl We arrive at 17.10 so we will have to get our bags and the transfer by coach to the hotel it should be about 6pm I would think. Not sure of the transfer time though. There is myself and my wife and a lifelong friend going with us. So you may see the 3 of us walking around our friend is easy to spot he is a large man and I am only 5ft 5ins so we look a bit like little and large. :D
ok paul im sure i will spot you ill be at the bar most of the time :lol: im about 6 foot my girlfriend is about the same as you 5 ft 6. have you been to cyprus before its our first time :D
I went to about 10 years ago but not to Pathos.So its new to me, looking forward to a break. :D only three days to go,pity I have to work them.See you at the bar :D :D :D
ive got 2 days to work. we have to get the train at 6am first its 3 hours on the train then im going to the bar in the airport :lol: we fly :fly at 11.20am do you no how much a pint is there not that i drink or anything :rofl
Blimey!! 3 hours on a train where do you live? I think a pint is about the same as it is at home. But not sure.Hope to see you in Cyprus Karl . :D
im from grimsby were abouts are you from :D
Stoke on trent staffordshire
see you there paul we get the train at 5.20am now tomorow :shock:
Hi

I wondered if anyone could help me. We have booked to stay at the Eleni Village and I have recently stayed at the Ikaira Village. Can anyone tell me whether this is very far from Eleni as I am looking to hire a car from Leo, but have no exact location details.
Hello,

I don't think that the Eleni is that far from Ikaria Village. If it's not walkable it's only a very short drive away or hop on the bus as it stops right outside Ikaria and Leo's.

Whereabouts did you stay in Ikaria Village?

We have a maisonette there towards the top (5th from the top).

I know it wasn't ours though but just curious to know which one it was.
We stayed in a 2 bedroomed apartment that was by the road into the underground carpark and we had some excellent views.

Do you have Leo's number or does he have a web site as I know that he will deliver the car and I would like to use him again.

I can not remember the number of the apartment, but there were bins at the back and it was about the 2nd right off hill that Leo's is on then on the right... if that is any help.

Do you hire your place out then
Sorry I don't have Leo's number at hand.

I should have and that's something I'll remember in future.

As far as I know he doesn't have a website but I can probably find his number for you.

If you can wait a couple of weeks my dad is going out there and he can send me the number. When are you going to Eleni?

I think that the Eleni is further along the coast more towards Coral Bay if it's the one I'm thinking off. It's right by the sea.

Yes we do rent out our house.

Check out the views at our website (in the signature)
I will be able to wait for his details. That would be great thanks.. we are going in June to Eleni my friend and my daughter and her son were there last year as my husband could not make it due to work . This year my daughter and I are taking my husband and want the car to show him the places we visited.

We are going all inclusive, but I think that after this I can convince him to go self catering... I just loved Cyprus and we met some lovely people.

:D

Thank you for your time...
No problem whatsoever.

I will pm you with the number when I get it.

Where else did you visit whilst in Cyprus?

I love the Tombs of the Kings site and the Troodos.

Got so many places on my list to visit next time we go.
Here is a copy of a thread posted Oct 2005 by HT Member Kimevans - Hope you don't mind Kim - regarding the location of Eleni Village

It's on the Paphos to Coral bay coast road.

It's about middle, but probably nearer to Pathos.

There is a hotel next door the St George Hotel.

As you go down the coast road there is a little road that vears of to the left & comes back out again a few hundred meters further, it & the St george are on this little side road.

Unfortunatly the bus does not go down this little road & you have to walk up to the main road to the bus stop. Depends on time of year how this feels, in July or August it's a miserable hike , the other months a short pleasant walk

The Eleni will call you a taxi & it doesn't take long to arrive, not much around the holiday village, hotel next door & a couple of restaurants& general store on the main road. You will go into Pathos alot, quick on bus.

Hope this helps, the village is great but the location is not great & there is no beach its a rocky edge. The bar is expensive & check the prices & your change. The restaurant & snack bar are nice.

Kim

Hope this helps
Liakada
You have pm
Ady
Hi, im staying at the Eleni Village at the end of march, with my husband and baby. Can anyone tell me, if you can buy nappies and baby food out there, thats the same as here? I doubt if anyone ever noticed, just worrieed about packing, everthing.

Would appreciate an answer.

Also has anyone been in March, is it quite hot?

Whats the hotel like? and food? we are going h/b.

Thanks again.

xx
Of course you can buy babies needs even the Cypriots have babies :D you may find imported Pampers more expensive than the UK but there are other brands here, and many supermarkets selling your need's....don't worry!!!

My daughter has brought two ankle biters up here with no problems at all!!

March is still winter/spring here, it could be nice (NOT hot) but you may have some bad weather also, down to your luck really! we have so many months of hot weather here, March is not one of them usually...

If you are in a hotel you wont find out how good the local food can be, do give it a try!! stay clear of tourist restaurants if you can..

Have a good stay on the Island.
Thank you so much for all of the information. When I was last there we visited Omodos. My friend has friends there. Her husband is the Mayor of Omodos and they own a fab restaurant.

There is a restaurant opposite Aliceland but on the other side of the road and that was also great, so looking to take the family there too... I am not sure of the name though.

Coral Bay was a favourite as my little girl loved it.

I have just been on your site and it looks like you are higher up than the place we stayed in. We turned right as the road went up before the bend.

The supermarket was excellent... just had a great time really.

Would be interested to know how much you rent yours out for as next year will have to go in the summer holidays..... Little one starts school in Sept
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.