Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
The name Melania (if it is the one) is lovely. The people that own it are really nice and one night he even went and picked fresh figs from the fields so that we could taste them. He was lovely with the children and I am definately going back there.

There was also a couple we met whilst over there who have one of the houses and they have 2 girls, who my daughter played with at the pool... They were lovely people from north of england.

Do you by any chance know where I could log on for a detailed map of the area. I have been trying but to no avail
There's a good selection of maps here: http://www.kypros-cyprus.com/Maps.html

HTH, Marion
Thanks for the map site.

I have yet to find a really detailed map of the Paphos area which shows all of the roads so if anybody knows where I can get one from, please let me know.

Someone mentioned a map shop in Limasol but I can't remember the name of it.

We too are from the North of England but the North-West and we have two little girls, a four year old and a two year old.
I think that the little girls were the same age as yours..... When you looked out of our kitchen window you could look up and see the place that the girls were in... and I remember them having icecream by the pool I wonder if you are the same people. I was staying with a lady called Karen and I too am called Karen and we had Declan (9yrs old) and Amy my daughter with us. We hired a real old clapt out car from Leo...

Does this jog any memories... It was 15th August ish we were there.. I joined my friend for the middle of the holiday.

Could it be the same people we met last year.
No this wasn't us as we left at the beginning of August last year.

It's a small world or the world is a hankerchief (as they say in Spain) so it could have been possible but no it wasn't us.
never mind....... would have been good..... that map site is good...
what is the weather like in June... Does it cool down in the evening as we visited last time in August and it was still hot in the evening
I have looked on http://www.wunderground.com and the average maximum temperature in June is about 80?F and the average minimum temperature is around 65?F so I don't think that it will get too cold. Although, there was a minimum, minimum temperature (not sure that makes sense) in June 2004 of 35?F. I'm guessing that this is a one off - either that or a misprint!
Not sure what's going on with the ???? they were definitely degree circles when I posted
Not sure what's going on with the ????, they were definitely degree circles when I posted.

Forgot to say that it is usually still 70 in the evenings.
I e-mailed the Cyprus Tourist office in London and got some maps and guides free and the postage was over £3 can't remember web address but I got the info off here Doh ! just had a thought looked at the books and there it is http://www.visitcyprus.org.cy anyway worth a try
here are the contact details for the London office tell them which area you are going to and the will Taylor a pack

United Kingdom / London
Cyprus Tourist Office

17, Hanover Street
London W1S 1YP
Tel: 0207 569 8800
Fax: 0207 499 4935

e-mail: informationcto@btconnect.com

copyright material courtesy of the CTO

wizard
Hi jenks1970,

I have sent you a private message with Leo's phone number and e-mail but I'm not sure that it has reached you as it is still in my outbox.

Could you let me know if you have or have not received it?

Thanks,
Hi there.
any of you guys stayed at this place, have read the reviews, Have never been to cyprus but like the look of this.
Any views comments picies etc warmly welcomed. eg about the area what to do. the hotel

Thanks
I've just been looking at it on First Choice - I'm not paying their prices.
The same hotel with Sunescapes is £600 cheaper for 2.

It does look nice though.

Parky
yes Parky it does look good.
Have you had a look at the brochure from Sunescapes? It's the same firm as http://www.Hellenicholidays.co.uk

if you download their brochure the prices will surprise you.

Im looking at going All inclusive to Paschalia Apartments in Protaras for £637 from Man for 2 weeks. Add another 500 and you're pretty near First choice or Thomas Crook.

Phone them on 01924 788700/1 and get a price. We've used them 3 times and family another 3. My only complaint is they don't help with the diet afterwards.

Parky
hi does anyone know how much a taxi costs to paphos or coral beach from this hotel, thanks?
hi we have just come back from here, have posted my review if anyone needs any help or advice let me know x x x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.