Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Was there 2 weeks ago and spent more than I usually do partly down to the poor exchange rate plus the fact the drink prices on the strip and in Atlantico seem to have risen a little.

We were paying on average €10 for 2 x spirit & mixers, €3.50-5.00 for UK alcopops and I think a pint of lager was around the €3 mark & cocktails were €6-8 each :really Some bars but not all were doing BOGOF before 10pm and the Centro bars were doing the same but you had to keep your receipt to claim your other free drink (a way of making you stay longer) because the prices were inflated anyway :yikes If you went off the beaten track i.e. one street back from the front to some of the smaller bars they were always much cheaper by at least €2 per drink regardless.

Food was about the same as last year and an average meal one course with drinks was approx €25. We were getting €1.25 to the £ in PDC which was better than here in the UK. And when using my Nationwide card I was getting between €1.26-1.27 on cash withdrawls :tup
We were in PDC at Easter. 2 Beers, 2 shorts with mixers and 3 soft drinks ranged between €19-€24. Food was reasonably priced, cooked breakfasts were from €2.70 on the front, evening meals somewhere between €5-€10 in the average restaurants.
We found the cheapest way to drink (and nicest) was to buy a bottle of wine for the two of us. Depending on what you like, we generally paid €12 - €20 for something decent. Sangre de Torro, a v nice rioja was about €13 - €15 ish.
Do hunt around, and go a street or two back for bargains.

€1.50 a pint is more and more common in PdC now. Spirits with mixers can be a little pricier, but remember that you are getting massive measures - and it's usually a bottle of mixer rather than a dash - I make the bottle last through 2 drinks.

Good tip on the vino from Good_Queen_Bess - but then any tip to do with vino is a good one in my book! :cheers

Have a great time!

Elle xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.