Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
A very good idea Fiona, as things are going up here every season, I was amazed to find out that a litre of Bisleri drinking water went up to 18 Rps in November however most other brands are still only 15 Rps and most bars and restaurant are charging 25 to 30 Rps

Here is a list of average prices in Rupees for Bars and Restaurants in north Goa

Small bottle of beer 330 ml ... 60
Large bottle of beer 660 ml...100 to 120

Local Vodka/Gin/Rum 30 ml 30 to 40, a double 50 to 70

Cola, lemonade, etc... 20

Diet cola, tonic .. 50

Meals are hard to pin down as the range of food and types of restaurant is vast however 200 to 350 will get you a good main course in most places, starters and deserts cost 80 to 150 however Indian and Goan dishes cost 100 to 150, a bowl of plain rice about 60 up to 100 for jeera, veg, or egg fried rice and a naan from 30

Hope that helps and feel free to add to, correct or pin down prices tighter
Interesting....
Every year I've been there a large Kingfisher beer has been Rs70.
Now seems the price has risen.
shiyong wrote:
Interesting....
Every year I've been there a large Kingfisher beer has been Rs70.
Now seems the price has risen.

We went to Mickey's in Colva the other day and a large Kingfisher was 50 rps..cheapest i've seen in years.But some of the food items were bloody expensive.

Here in the south the average price of a large Kingfisher is 80/90 rps.

John
We find the south is now a lot cheaper than the north in general also there tends to be a lot more local type of places to eat in and around Colva that are a lot more inviting than the dark and dingy places in the north however there are still some places we use near Arpora where a 60 ml Honey Bee cost 20 and a fish rice plate 75 also a small Tuborg 35 however I don't think they will stay that cheap for much longer

In the last two years the MRP of beer has gone up a lot, a small Tuborg is now 28.45 in the shops however Kingfisher run promotion's in some restaurants if they will only sell Kingfisher beers, personly I would not drink the stuff even if it was free, much prefer Kings or Tuborg any day

Since we arrived in October MRP for a bottle of Honey Bee brandy has gone up by 25 Rps to 150 and White Mischief vodka from 145 to 160
Good investigation work meagain.....please keep us informed of the prices (especially the Kingfisher :cheers )
so a large bottle of beer is like a whole pound???? oh my days let me cancel my flight pronto... :)
Thanks to those giving such info it is interesting to find this out. It's obviously still very cheap to have a good meal with drinks but like most things price increases have occured.

Any more updates regarding specific restaurants?
GREETINGS WEE-JOHN HERE .going to Calen gute for first time (hope thats the right way to spell it) in early Feb . very interesting thread this as i'm sure there will be many pitfalls for the greenhorns likke me (who cant even spell properly ).we are going with friends who are old hands at Goa but at some point herself and me will be on the loose so we wont want to get ripped off or anything . .thanks for the info
Hi John

You are in for a treat. Yes i recommend going it alone and finding your own places as you will find this a rewarding experience. Don't be put off in trying some of the less "glamourous" looking places where locals may eat as these can be superb in quality and price.

I have never had issues being ripped off as yet but I guess it could happen at some point.

Enjoy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.