Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We stayed in Kusadasi a few years ago at The Villa Konak,DIY.
We were the last to be dropped of...as usual.
We ended up in this little back street, thought OH GO, what have I done!!!!
Untill I entered this beautiful courtyard, full of flowers, trees etc, it was gorgeous.
The rooms where basic, but the place was really nice, was an old Turkish mansion at one time and had kept its charm, little court yards,long sofas to lounge on and read, all on different levels, swimming pool, and two bars, where we had great fun, the staff where great to say the least.
The owners cooked meals to die for, twice a week about £7 a head, wine included,we all got together at 5 forTurkish tea with the owner and staff,
put the world to rights,it was a truly tranquil place even though it was only a short distance from the town, no larger louts allowed, or children, dont get me wrong did not know no kids when we booked as we love them and usually have our grand children with us, but it was a pleasent change, we loved it so much went back the following year.
We stayed at the Fantasia a couple of years ago. There are no loud disco's, no problems with the staff, and would definitely go back again. The rooms were spotless, the food was great. We arrived at about 5:00 in the morning, cases taken to our rooms, and a limited breakfast was ours for the taking. Just help yourself they said, but breakfast didn't start till 7:00. There was enough for us to have a decent meal, though.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Parky/kusadasisunset.jpg

That's the view from the top pool at 7:30 at night.

The bottom pool is where you get filled jacket potatoes at 3:00 in the afternoon. (Share one or you won't eat your dinner)
Thanks, Parky, sounds good. Love your photograph, hope I can take one just like it.
I've got some more pics somewhere. The hotel is a couple of miles from the centre, but the dolmus stops just over the road. We didn't feel the need to go out of the hotel for the first week, but we did go to the market twice. I am knocking on a bit now, but the hotel is really relaxing. Impressive foyer/reception, but don't bother with the shops there.

Found this one of the salad bar

http://usera.imagecave.com/Parky/CARD175-copy.jpg
RE: Fantasia, we stayed here in Sept. 03 and the place was stunning. Unfortunately we wanted a sea view room which must be pretty amazing if your lucky to get one, instead we got lobbed in a side room which overlooked from what I can see Turkish private houses, so the view was dreadful.

However the place itself is beautiful. The views are stunning as you've already saw, you can get professional shots (quite pricey) which offer some stunning shots as the hotel looks onto the bay. At the front of the hotel there are stairs that leads over a bridge to the top of the hotel (well not THE top) where you can overlook the bay from a balcony which has a stunning view of the bay. Also when the sun goes down it is spectacular, probably around dinner.

About dinner, you have to be quick on the hop to get a good seat, food is nice, good selection.

In terms of noise, enterainment is usually done at the pool front and believe me there is noise, it may be lessened dependant on where you stay, from our place near the back of the hotel overlooking a fence with trees and some houses we could hear it loudly (as most likely you'll sleep with the veranda door open, althoug maybe not reducing noise). If your on the other side you'll be next to another hotel (forget the name) which has a disco which is outside (it has like a colesseum look to it) which plays for another couple of hours at least once the Fantasia enterainment is finished. I know this because after we had left our entertainment there is a little castly type area that actually overlooks this hotel and you look right into the colesseum disco area, we listened into the early hours to their music.

FD
Carol 47
Most of the hotels outside of Kusadasi centre are now AI which I personally hate. Its all a matter of taste. If you like a luxurious hotel with flexibility you could try the Grande Blue SKy on Ladies Beach. This is on its own beach and every room has a sea view as it is on a headland. There is also little noise from outside activity. I like the fact that they will vary your board say 10days out of 14 you could have 1/2 board and 4 days B+B so if you want to eat out you don't pay for your meals twice. The Hotel is in walking distance of shops and bars and a Dolmus to town stops outside about every 2 minutes in high season.
Thanks to everyone for their replies. Two conflicting reports about discos though. We don't mind anybody enjoying themselves with loud music. We are not party animals but like exploring the country we are visiting and are usually so exhausted by our trips that at the end of the day we just like to relax with a drink and a good book and retire to our beds.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.