Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
:lol: :lol: Hi all just back from hotel kristal had a ball the hotel is very clean,food varied some days better than others but always found something to eat.The staff are very friendly cant do enough for you.anyone going with young kids the kids club is excellent it is for 3/8 year olds nothing for older kids.the sessions are from 10/12 1/3 5/7 9/11 the later one they had like a pizza party or chocolate party watched videos my kids loved it.The kids reps are called Sunny Sarah and Silly Billy they are very good with the kids.Prices in hotel were like 2.5lev for large beer,2.5 for most spirits sometimes free pour others they used mesures.only sold bottles of juice which were also 2.5 coke fanta etc.but prices were about halved if you went out of hotel.Very cheap to eat out.Chinese in party street near bonkers disco was very good.Also Dallas country club which is just at the bottom of the steps at back of hotel beside kids club,12 of us 7 adults 5 kids ate there,for two rounds of drinks which included large beers,double spirits,pint bottles becks,juice for kids, 5 adults had pepper steaks which you got two of with the trimmings 2 steak diane large yellow cheese pizza,kebbabs on skewers,chicken kievs 12 garlic breads Total bill 157levs which is about worked out about £5 per head would highly recommend it.Also the pool side bar did lovely pizzas,spaghetti carbanara which was a treat,toasted sandwiches all for 5lev each.All in all would recommend hotel if i have missed out on anything and can help anyone just ask.
willmurr6 :lol: :lol:
Hi Willmurr6
We are going in September, can you tell me what the rooms are like? Is it proper sky in the rooms or just news 24 in english?
hi janeioannou the rooms in hotel kristal were nice clean we had interconnecting rooms as there were 6 of us so we had plenty of room.The bathrooms are very nice big showers no baths also hairdryers in bathrooms which are free.There are fridges in rooms which cost 20 lev to hire for 2 weeks they come stocked as mini bar if you use at least one thing from mini bar you get money back but if you just use it for your own use as fridge they keep the money.If i can help with anything else just fire away.
hi, we are also booked to go to hotel kristal in august. Was just wondering if the interconnecting rooms were two seperate rooms with two bathrooms, and what storage did you get. Also, are the sun beds around the pool free or is there a charge. Could you also give me some ideas of the meals which were served and what time meals were.

Really appreciate any info you can give me.
Hi Dianedavies70
The interconnecting rooms were two rooms with 3 single beds in each two bathrooms,storage was a unit type thing with a wardrobe and shelves down the side also two bedside cabinets with drawers,glass top table with one chair and a mirror above it there was also a full lenght mirror in each room which was good.The sunbeds by the pool were free plenty of them also they had blue padded mats for them.The meals varied there was always chips,potatoes,pasta of some sort,chicken,pork,beef,chickan korma,tikka masala,meatballs which were quite nice plenty of veg plenty of salad stuff which we enjoyed,puddings were mostly some sort of cakes there was also a freezer with all flavours of ice cream which was popular,breakfast was the normal bacon,fried or scrambled eggs,sausages mushrooms,tomato,fried bread,slices of bread with ham and melted cheese on top they also made fresh pancakes with syrup,jam,chocolate sauce there was always a queue for these,also fresh fruit you are sure to find something to your liking.If anything else just ask.
Try reading the hotel reviews.

Patka
The kristal now gets a good reveiws It was all done up and is now one of the good hotels in G/S There seems to be a lot of British use it now .It is not in the Balkans book now ,but it was before the hotel was modernised.It is good for famlies with children as there is a lot af actvities for them .Hope this is of some use to you June :wave :ghug
Another new review has just been added:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

David :wave
Been back a couple of weeks now so thought i had better write a report.
When we arrived at Varna airport we queued up to go through customs, only 3 control points were open and 3 flights all landed within 10 minutes of each other. The control desk we were queuing in was going very slow. When we got to the desk the man took about 10 minutes checking our passports.
I know that they have to check them but he stamped our passports and then kept looking at them again.

Baggage reclaim hall was very unorganised. Like i said 3 flights had landed roughly at the same time and there was not enough room for people to move when getting their bags as everyone was stood at the carousels even when it was not their flights suitcases.
Had to wait over an hour and a half for all the people being transferred to golden sands to get on the coach.

Went to Kristal Hotel GS. The hotel is lovely and very clean. Food in the hotel was varied and didn't get an upset tummy this year like i did when i was in Albena last year.
Our room in the hotel was very big and was comfortable. Don't know if it was because it was our Honeymoon but we got put on the top floor right at the far end of the hotel which was nice as you didn't hear the noise from the bar/reception or the pool during the day. Staff worked very hard and all very polite. Cleaning staff did a great job. We asked reception for extra pillows for our room on the second day and by the time we had gone up to our room the extra pillows where there. The staff bent over backwards to keep everyone happy.

Golden sands was a very busy resort, I wouldn't like to go at the height of summer as I think it would be manic.

Weather was a bit temperamental had a few days of sun the rest of the week it was overcast and had a whole day of rain and a couple of rainy nights.

I have enjoyed my holidays over the past couple of years in Bulgaria &
I would go back to Golden sands, but next year will be visiting family in Oz hopefully.
Hi janeioannou .... perhaps you would copy your report to our reviews section when you have time:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

Many thanks
David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.