Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Where is the wheel for this pipe as I have never noticed it before
it is usually on the wall directly under the cistern ,on your right hand side as you sit on the charlie chan,its like a small stopcock(no pun intended )

bluepeterno1
can just imagine all the turkey newbies and all the people who did not know about this ,first thing they will do is check this out ,and never mind the rest of the hotel ,bet the conversations will be comical , oh to be a fly on there walls. :yikes
bluepetetrno1
i didn't have you down as a loner bluepeterno1,why on the wall and not on the bin with the rest of them,lol.
No flies on him lol.

Intrigued to check this out in 40 days when I return.

Mary x
It's easy bluepeterno1. Most locations it is directed at are central, therefore the following formaula applies:-

W=A x V / D, where W=length of time the wash is required, A= the angle of attack of the jet, V= the velocity of the jet in feet per second, and D= the Distance of the object from the base of the jet in centimeters.

:? :?
The forerunner of this small pipe must have been a metal jug on the floor near a small tap.When we first went to Turkey in 1992 most toilets had this small jug but we thought it was for flushing the loo if the cistern didnt work!.
thats all very well parky ,but one centmeter out and you are in deep doo doo :wink: :D :D

bluepeterno1
all kidding aside ,but is really a very civilised aproach to personal hygene, and i would not mind having one installed in my own toilet
bluepeterno1
Have to say that once we discovered this both 'Sir' and I thought we would like one at home... very civilised. Much better than the old tin jug that we knew when we first used a local loo!!
the bumwasher secret is out!!! the Turks think we are really dirty for not having one.. bit of a turnaround hey!!! be careful though gents...some of the waiters change the jet angles and the dangly bits get a soaking!!!!!!!
Strangely, as a Turk, I was trained to use toiled paper when I was a toddler. And the first time I had ever heard of Turks not using toilet paper was when I was abroad. But maybe I am too much a city boy to know :)
I suggest wiping once, and throwing that into the toilet (any toilet can handle one wiping). Then wash, and finally dry and throw those into the bin.

Be careful by the way, the pipe is not necessarily aimed well, and it might have too much pressure (which may result in a spray of water that bounces off your dirt). I suggest trying the water before you sit on an unfamiliar toilet.

There are two valves by the way. The higher one controls the washing pipe, the lower one controls inflow to the flush tank (which you shouldn't need to meddle unless you are trying to fix a malfunctioning flush).

Have a nice time in...um...your next trip to a Turkish toilet.
I used to play a lot of cricket with and against teams of Asians, and the method they used was usually an old Fairy Liquid bottle filled with water.

If you are using a water meter this could save you pounds over the year!

:roll: :roll:
is it possible to mix the hot and cold water for this pipe ?
del949
Oh my lord. I've been to Turkey three times so far and never noticed the little pipe!!
is it possible to mix the hot and cold water for this pipe ?
del949

Not much chance of that as it's on the main supply to the cistern.

Things could get a bit warm if an apprentice does the piping though.

:lol: :lol:
Get too near to this pipe and you could end up with a haemorrhoidectomy!!!
Didn't have you down as a wimp, Del - cold water first thing in the morning! Best thing going to waken you up ... :rofl
We were told about it on our first visit about 18 yrs ago and have used it ever since. It's a really clean way of using the loo and even though the feed is from the cold water supply the water never feels too cold.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.