Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I read it earlier today and i was peeing myself with laughter :D Hubby came in to see what i was doing.
I must admit i didnt have a clue what it was for either.
oh,its not for your tooth brush then, :yuck
I never had a clue either . but then looking at that photo i cant say ive ever seen one in any of the hotels we have been to :? .just treat the lav the same as i do here. my middle son is the only one that uses the bin :shock:

I will definately be on the lookout at the belcekiz beach this year :D
Found it now, thanks
Cant wait to test it in May !!!

Mary x
oh no :shock: the plumbing has found its way over here :lol: :lol:

I am still laughing at it :lol:
Thats right Briar but apparantly you use the pipe for a wash of your bits first :lol:
Me either I am still laughing now days later, can't wait to try it out :shock: :lol:
:omg I spent two weeks there last summer and never realised. :oops:

Why on earth don't the reps tell us? The poor maids.
OMG :oops:
I cant even remember seeing the little pipe never mind having an excuse of what i thought it was for. :lol:
I will be definately checking it out on arrival when i go in September.
Although i do have to admit that i mostly put the loo roll in the bin after a pee but not after the other :oops:
I think a lot of Turkish maids will be shocked this season, having very clean bins to empty, they will be saying "strange, they are British"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think a lot of Turkish maids will be shocked this season, having very clean bins to empty, they will be saying "strange, they are British"

Thats what I said, the poor maids :shock: :lol:
We have never noticed the wheel or the pipes before, can't say my 2 lads did either or else they would have had a surprise, I always thought about the poor maids and who had the final job of collecting all the collections, now that job I couldn't do, we also feel embarrased to. Glad we don't go back to the same hotel twice, I also really do blame the tour operators reps for this dilema not explaining properly. What must all this cleaners think of us British? All leaving our rooms when the maids appear saying all our nicities etc. and then the poor cleaners thinking how dirty we all are :oops: :oops: glad we don't have to face them again........
If the cleaners have been doing that job for any longer than a fortnight, they won't be thinking "dirty Brits" at all, it will just be par for the course for them.

Many people in Turkey don't use toilet paper at all, just the pipes on the toilet, to clean themselves. So if there is toilet paper in the hotels, the cleaners will fully understand what its being used for, and whats in the bins.

What would you expect your rep to tell you? Step by step instructions on how to use the pipes? Why bother, when theres toilet paper bins provided in every tourist hotel room?

Elaine
as we are on the topic of toilets ,how is this for a wind up ,went to a public toilet in turkey once and left my wife outside ,when i came out i put a really angry face on ,when she asked me what was wrong i told her there was no toilet paper , when she asked me what i did ,i told her i rummaged about the bin and got a piece that was not to bad , she went mental and ran away from me rolling in the street laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:
bluepeterno1
And still on the same topic of the water jet, it fair works wonders when the "Old Farmer Giles" start their itching!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

(Honest!!)
wonder how the plumber manages to line it up ,does he get someone to sit there while he adjusts it ,talk about majic sponge. :lol: :lol: :lol:
bluepeterno1
Well we used it :oops:
Brilliant
Do all the loos in Turkey have this pipe :?:

We've been six times to Turkey, and last year was the first time we noticed the pipe. It was to a hotel we had been to twice before, but in different rooms. Will deffinately have a look when we're in Icmeler next month. Just hope the water isn't too cold. :omg
it is actually a religous thing moslem men have to wash themselves after being to the toilet ,the same as they have to wash in running water ,that is why untill recently there was no sink plugs in turkish hotels , some arab men carry small bottles of water ,and would rather wash themselves than drink it (if you know what i mean)

bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.