Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Our first holiday to Turkey this year was to the Oylum Hotel in Icmeler in April. The hotel had been renovated, and the bathroom suites were very modern. The "pipe" was not there, instead there were holes in the toilet rim at the back. It was so much better than getting the pipe up your bum. Also, the tap to turn it on was not at 'almost floor level' All in all, "a great loo". :D
following the enlightenment this post provided, I decided to give it a go a couple of weeks ago in fethiye. it proceeded to fire the water up the back of my neck :yikes .
needless to say we stuck to the tissue and nappy sacks.

hugs la x
I wasn't brave enough try this when we were there in May, mainly cos I was scared incase I turned wrong thing and wrecked the place - will try it in September when we go.

Andrea
I dragged one of the barmen along to the loo to explain about the pipe. He showed me how to work it, but to be honest, I was never brave enough to use it :lol:

TC
This topic is putting me off eating out now! How can we enjoy all those fabulous meals now without wondering if the cook has washed his hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont think you need to worry on that count dadooronron. Only ever seen waiters and such like vigerously washing there hands after being at the toilet , not to sure though about places like tunisia.

Bluepeterno1
Just bumping this up for mini-monkey. I hope you have a good laugh :rofl
Yes i am................... :rofl
this is so funny
Ive just read through these 5 pages again and I have had a good laugh. :rofl :rofl
This must be the funniest thread on HT. :rofl :rofl
It's nice to see everyone having a good laugh again.

I originally pinched the thread from Icmeler on Line. :whoops Hope they don't mind. :tup

Marn. ( mikenmarn)
I have read through this thread....alternating between laughing and wanting to be sick....can I add a suggestion for fellow squimish readers.....take some disposable surgical gloves on hols with you...I couldnt even think about using my bare hand.... :omg I would be worried sick incase I missed a trace of you know what in my nails....and nomatter how much I scrubbed or what soap I used I would be convinced I could smell it afterwards....so added to the vital packing list will be rubber gloves...tweetie
You wont need the rubber gloves Tweetie as nothing else is need apart from the water!
Think Pressure washer. :yikes :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.