Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi polly

thanks for your reply

i went online and filled in the forms and paid for the visa, all i need to do is print them off and send them....

i made a mistake when filling the online form in...at the top of the page it said indian mission and i chose birmingham by mistake.....if i send it to london will it make a difference

thanks xx
Well gob smacked

Posted ours Sat 22nd Dec
Returned Today 28th Dec

A Sunday Christmas Day and Boxing Day in between..they must have been sat twiddling their thumbs in the office waiting for ours!

We ordered some ruppees received today paid for 16,300 at £200.30 yet received 17,000!

It's all going to well it's just the seated apart problem on the Thomson flight thats not gone to plan.

Hope you all get your visas sorted so quickly as well.
Hi Angie

TBH, I'm not really sure if it will make a difference about the mission but this thread:
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g635747-i12307-k5926913-o40-Visa_done_proffesionally-Baga_Goa.html

see reply #50 by Igirl seems to say it will be a problem if you've selected the wrong mission.

It may be worth contacting VFS to ask that question rather than risk your application being rejected.
Hi
My advice is do not send it with the wrong HCI Address it has to be the London one to be accepted. I am pretty sure the website says it will not accept the wrong juristiction.

I always like to make sure everything is as they ask.

Surprisingly I could find the direct reference

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/postalapplication.html
hi

thanks for your replies

i rang them up and they advised me to cancel the application and do it all over again, the money i paid will be refunded so i dont lose anything.......phewww..well its all done now just gotta post it off tomorrow

thanks again x
I guess it's better than sending it off and then getting in back without a visa.
hi all

just been online and tracked my visa appication....its all prossessed and on its way back to me x
good news indeed.

Can you smell the Honeybee on your Visa!
Help needed, tearing my hair out after hours doing visa applications.All going well on OH's untill veriffication of
details pressed ok then a new application screen came up,tried to bring it up again using temp id code said wasn't
valid,after trying again(many times)decided to go ahead with mine,exactly the same thing happened.
Is the system down?Am i doing something wrong(not good with computers)(only when booking holidays ;) )
I thought the application forms were alot clearer than previous years but i fell at the last hurdle :que
Hi Manxcat, I was doing mine yesterday along with a few other people, we all had this problem. In total i had to redo mine twice. The only good thing is if it does crash when you go to fill it back in, all you have to do is type the first part of your answer and it drops a box down with your previously answer in. kind of like auto fill.

I can only suggest keep trying and good luck.Xxx
Thanks,Have tried again this morning but no luck yet!My daughter is going to try for me later,i'm in such a bad mood,just want to get it done.
I think we met at one of the meets a couple of years ago.When are you going this year?
Has anybody got the non premium rate number for vfs global,i'm getting nowhere fast with my applications :cry
Have you turned off your pop ups as this can affect the browser Try google chrome instead of internet explorer.Sorry you are having probs.hun. Yeah We did meet at the carvery. Im going March this year :)
I,ve phoned vfs twice now,they said use internet explorer,then said they would check. something &assured me it would now work,but now it,s saying my temp.number is not valid!at least i was getting as far as veriy&proceed,not sure what t do now.We are going 8th March all being well.
Thanks mazD Tried Google Chrome and another 2 applications(mine &OH)i have lost count how many i have done and finally it went through ok.I don't Know how much the premium calls to vfs have cost!but eventually i got through on the non premium number only to be advised to go to an internet cafe even though i had tried on my computer my daughter had tried at work and home,he said he couldn't help anymore as it was a tricky system!!Will get them posted tomorrow and have everything crossed till they come back.Thanks for your help,maybe bump into you in march.
Its enough to turn you grey the stress of the visa. It would be a straight forward process if the website worked. :rofl At least its done hunny Im sure our paths will cross at the carvery :cheers Xxx
my mate sent her visa off in the post New years eve and it came back 3 days later...wowza
Announcement on VFS website that the cost of a 6 month visa fee rises to a staggering £92 from 17 January. If you haven't done yours yet, I suggest you pull your finger out because any received after this date with the incorrect fee will be returned (at your expense of course). I think this will definitely have an affect on how many visitors they get from now on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.