Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Can't think of a user name
What is it you are actually complaining about - that not as many people post about the Antalya region as some of the others? If so, then would having a separate forum actually change anything?( I recall you talking about wanting the Turkey forum split only a couple of months ago on a similar kind of post you raised.)
On the Turkey Forum, the first two pages contain topics going back to June 3rd which is almost 2 weeks ago. It can't be that difficult to look through and see the ones you are interested in and those you aren't. You often find posts where people end up discussing/comparing resorts in all the regions of Turkey and those are the ones I find most interesting as it gives an insight to places I have never visited yet, including Antalya. Like Wilson McMillan, I too am happy to read alot of the posts on the forum and hope it doesn't change.
Just so you are aware there will be no split in the Turkey forum in the immediate future.

Kath
Kath I didn't expect there would be any change but like to have my little moan the turkey forum is made up of two area's mainly and the high number of posts choke the other areas. For such a large country it seems odd to me how one fits all can work and with not trying out a splite for a antalya area nobody will know if it would work. Turkey is becoming more and more popular and the of amount of people are increasing who go to the antalya area, it might be slow on an antalya area forum to start with but it would pick up in time. I can't see anybody on the forum who goes to the dalaman or bodrum area wanting a change because they have what they want, a dalaman and bodrum forum. Just my opinion and nothing else.
You could always start up your own forum for Antalya...
I also dont see how having an Antalya forum would mean there were more posts about Antayla ?

It would just be a forum with little or no activity in it. Maybe one post a day and something else for the Mods just to move the markers on creating more work for them. They seem to have lost Briar anyway so are all helping out on here, Egypt and Tunisia as it is.

HT cant force people to post about an area they are not intereted in. :que
doepsmc

I look at the A/I forum and that has no posts for weeks on end and I am sure there are other furums what are the same. If there isn't an antalya forum how can you tell there would only be a post a day. You never know it might attract new members in the long run, but a post a day will be much than the A/I forum post every number of weeks, would be expected to start slow but I am sure over time it would pick up and it might give new members some else to look at when they are asking for advise where to go in turkey for the first time, what they get mainly recommended is mararis, olu deniz and bodrum. Say it will give mods more to do with another forum, if its as slow as you say it is it won't add much work. Maybe the forums what don't get many posts could be looked at, the A/I is one and my experience people using the forums tend to ask what good A/I's there are in their chosen destination and totally ignore the A/I forum.

HT can't make people post on the antalya area and i not saying they should, I am saying give other areas more breathing space.
I do understand what you're saying to a certain extent Mike, but I just cant see it happening. I think part of the problem is very few Brits go to this area unfortunately, even though I would love to visit myself sometime.

Doe :wave
Somebody once said to me, if you want more interesting or imformative posts, make them yourself and start the topics off :)
doepsmc

Try and get availabilty for the school hols, september, its very limited if you want a good hotel, thomas cook, direct holidays, monarch but thomsons have availability at a mega price for delux hotels mainly. The area is becoming more and more popular as people want quality 5* A/I at a price you can't get in the rest of the med or eygpt.

Don't you think there is no point in having a A/I forum if hardly anybody posts on it, and to use space and resources to try something different. Mods and admin can you just please look at the A/I forum and see how dead it is and consider using the space and resources to try out a antalya area forum for say 12 months to see how it does.

Thats me done on this subject until my next moan in 6 months time if its all the same turkey forum.
If anybody wants to post about Antalya, wouldnt they do it on here if it didnt have its own forum? I would if it was me.
Surely then as nobody is posting here, doesnt it follow that they wouldnt post just because it had its own forum?
Just my own opinion, however, if you need more information how about trying an alternative site. I found one with a comprehensive Antlaya forum, not sure i am allowed to name it though.
it might give new members some else to look at when they are asking for advise where to go in turkey for the first time, what they get mainly recommended is mararis, olu deniz and bodrum.

Surely if someone was asking where to go to in Turkey for the first time then the best place to ask would be the Turkey forum? The fact that more people recommend resorts outwith the Antalya region suggests to me that there are less users of HT with a knowledge of that region - if someone asks specifically about the Anatalya region they always get answered by members who have knowledge of that area, likewise with Dalaman/Bodrum regions. I don't think having a separate Antalya forum would mean more people would post there, after all as the above post has correctly said, what is stopping them posting on this forum now?

I do see your point however about the A/I forum and agree that, should I ever wish to find out about a particular A/I resort, I would probably post in the Forum for that particular destination.
I personally think that the reason why The Antayla area doesnt receive many posts is because other than side, rightly or wrongly that area generally isnt perceived to be blessed with actual resorts . It is mostly known as an area of 4/5 * beach based A/I hotels so people in general wouldnt discuss or recommend resorts there in the same way as the Bodrum / Dalaman coasts . The only discussions will mainly be about particular hotels not actual resorts. I know that is probably very short sighted of me :(

Mike once you have visited Turkey this year I am confident you will want to explore what is available in other areas . ;)

I've said before If the Mods were to split Turkey into regions they would be spending all their time moving posts to the correct area . Not only would that require a lot of time moding and moving posts they would need to have a very thorough knowledge of Turkey and it's very long coastline . I dont feel is necessary.
You can always use the search facility for finding posts about Antalya or the resorts in that area.
Its not so popular as the Dalaman and Bodrum areas in the UK so thats why there isnt so many posts.
If you want an Antalya forum look on Trip Advisor as there is always lots of information on there as other European guests who go to Antalya use that forum.
i really can't see,what the problem is :que
surely if HT users,were holidaying,in that particular area,then there would be posts,about it.surely having a seperate forum,won't mean,more people holidaying there,thus resulting in more posts.isn't it logical,that they would be posting in this forum & because they aren't means,that not many of us,visit the area,which means a seperate forum,is pointless :duh
tracy
Mike has made a very good point about the little used AI forum. I can also see where he is coming from asking for an Antalya region forum because if you mention or recommend this area on here someone always says that there are more scenic areas to visit or to stay away from AI holidays etc! Well some of us do want Superb quality 5 star AI in that area of Turkey! Getting a cheap flight and cheap accomadation does not appeal to everyone! Some of us are happy being pampered and at a time in our lives that we want luxury holidays! It has been said that not many brits visit the Antalya area which is so wrong, the flights are aways full and yes in comparrision to say the Russians the brits are out numbered. There are not loads of british bars and i think that puts alot of people off!!! On other holiday sites the Antalya forums are very lively! You cannot get in many of the best Ultra AI for this summer in the Antalya region because all the good hotels are booked up! I have done the AI in Dalaman and Bodrum areas and they just do not match up to what you get in Antalya area! Mike just voiced his opinion,we are all entitled to have them!
I can also see where he is coming from asking for an Antalya region forum because if you mention or recommend this area on here someone always says that there are more scenic areas to visit or to stay away from AI holidays etc!

As you also quite rightly point out, we are all entitled to voice our opinion, I personally don't feel why other people voicing theirs suggesting other parts of Turkey is justification to have a separate forum for Antalya!

I don't think anyone suggested that not many Brits visit that area, just that perhaps there are not as many as visit the other areas or perhaps simply just not as many who are members of this forum!

Getting a cheap flight and cheap accomadation does not appeal to everyone! Some of us are happy being pampered and at a time in our lives that we want luxury holidays!

Although I have not yet visited Antalya area, it is somewhere I would like to visit in the future, however I do not think it is fair to suggest that visitors to other regions of Turkey are mainly looking for British Bars and a cheap holiday! Regular members of this forum post about resorts which are authentically Turkish with wonderful restaurants, scenery and places of interest to visit so it is perhaps shortsighted for the OP to say they have no interest whatsoever in areas other than Antalya as I happen to think we can all learn alot from this forum!

From reading posts on here, I agree that most feel the Antalya area is best if you want a good standard A/I holiday, perhaps the little used A/I forum could be brought to life for those of you wanting to discuss, recommend and compare that type of holiday - just a suggestion. But as there is more to Antalya than 5 star A/I resorts, I for one am happy there will not be a separate forum created.
As I said before and by the replys, people are happy with the turkey forum because they have what they want, an dalaman, bodrum forum. Turkey forum does not cater for anybody who does not want to visit those areas and cater's for the dalaman, bodrum members. I don't know why people are so resistant to a seperate antalya forum, its no skin off their nose and it wouldn't interfere with their dalaman, bodrum forum.

If people want to do DIY to the dalaman area to apartment because its cheap, thats fine but some of us like luxury 4*/ 5* A/I hotels no matter what country we visit. But with this forum any posts on the area are crushed because the hotels are mostly A/I, the A/I bashers come out saying I wouldn't do A/I beause I like to eat out and A/I's are so expensive and food is not good I can do my DIY for 3 weeks to marmaris for a few hundred quid.

As I said before if it isn't tried how does anybody know it will fail, defeated before its even looked at. I am only suggesting a seperate antalya area forum not the for the whole of the turkey forum being splite into different area's. What difference would it make to the dalaman. bodrum lovers, known.
Exactly what I was expecting Kimi,
Say no more!!
I dont see the harm in having a forum on Antalya. Maybe if there was a forum for this area and a few people posted on it , this would generate more posts. From this, people who have never visited Antalya but who might think about visiting would learn something from it. Not a bad idea in my opinion.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.