Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi guys you kindly told me several weeks back, that MON1904 LGW/SSH on the 15th of August, would be operated by an A300. As there is a few of us flying would it be worth getting to the airport early to ensure we get seats together, as they allocate them at check in? I think check in opens 3 hours before i think. Also where does our plane come from prior to picking us up, and any idea on registration. Hope you can help!
SUPERITFC,

You can arrive early and ask for seats together, doesn't do any harm asking! The aircraft operates MON5114/5 (Sharm) or MON7208/9 (Dalaman) on Saturday evening. There's nothing immediately before your flight normally, it's the first one out of the day. It's too early to know the assigned registration, plus all the aircraft are the same so it makes little difference which registration you're on.

Darren
Had no problems getting 5 seats together last week on Monarch. Just made sure that we arrived at earliest check-in time, for both outward and return legs. We didn't pre-book our seats or anything like that and it wouldn't have been the end of the world if we were split up. They seemed to be allocating most groups of people seats together. I would imagine it's only if you turn up at the last min you would be split all over the plane. Flight was more or less full apart from the extra legrooms that they tried to flog to people prior to take off with little success.

2nd year running we have flown with Monarch and decided quite like them, they seem to do what they say on the tin and flight times have been OK. May have just got lucky I suppose. :tup

Doe :sun2
Hey Partyboy,
Sorry to be a pain and keep asking but any news on that IFE yet? Party of 10 of us going and 9 out of the 10 (excluding me) are asking me day in day out!
Z.J.C
Hi Z.J.C ....

partyboy_uk wrote:
No IFE info for August yet, but will post as soon as I have it

partyboy_uk wrote:
Once the IFE details for August are available, I will post them asap

partyboy_uk wrote:
in flight entertainment details for August have yet to be released, but I will post them here as soon as they are available.

partyboy_uk wrote:
z.j.c wrote:
Hey Partyboy,
Any info on IFE for August yet?

Not yet I'm afraid. I will post as soon as though...

Patience is a virtue.

David :wave
David,
I was just enquiring if he had them again because as from tomorrow I don't have access to the Internet. In my post I did apologise for asking again. No need to repost everything Im not stupid and don't appreciate it.
Z.J.C
  • Edited by z.j.c 2010-07-29 09:05:30
Sorry, but you have to wonder how many times someone has to say the info will be posted as soon as available. :que

David :wave
z.j.c.,

I can see that the IFE listings have been made in the past day or two, however I am afraid I do not have access to this information immediately any longer. However, I will try my best to post it here as soon as I can.
Hi Can you tell me the type of aircraft for Mon5278 to Sharm El Sheikh from Gatwick on 8th August please. Can you also give me any info on the flight its operates before this one. Thanks for any help.
steve6447,

LGW-SSH-LGW (MON5278/9) are operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. The aircraft operates MON5114/5 (SSH) before your flight normally, MON7926/7 (Kos) on odd occasions. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Just wondered if Darren or anyone else knows why ZB743 (LGW/AGP) has been delayed by about 5 hours over the last few weekends. I had friends arriving at the beginning of July on this flight, and they arrived at 0200 instead of 2045. They were told that the delay was due to the plane having gone tec and they had to wait for another plane to come from MAN. Last night it was 6 hours delay, tonight about the same. It seems to be ok during the week when I've had time to look at the arrival times.
Liz
My family and I are travelling with Monach on flights 1860 and 1861 to kos on the 18th/25th August this year. The young passenger we are travelling with has limited mobility difficulties which we have now alerted Monach to as per our booking conditions. Not sure I felt 100% listened to when I called but I have my fingers crossed. They have apparently reserevd seats for my nephew and 1 other of our party of 4 but I then started to worry about depending on which aircraft the flight operates how close is this individual likley to be to the loo. (Silly I know but these things are imporatnt!!)

So anyone with limited mobility or disabled passengers got any experience of flying wth Monach?? from manchester? and does anyone know which aircraft this is likley to be?
hi im flying out to Corfu on the 11th of Oct, and returning on the 25th which aircraft type will it be, im flying from Manchester on the 1828 and returning on the 1829, thanks
lizspain wrote:
Just wondered if Darren or anyone else knows why ZB743 (LGW/AGP) has been delayed by about 5 hours over the last few weekends. I had friends arriving at the beginning of July on this flight, and they arrived at 0200 instead of 2045. They were told that the delay was due to the plane having gone tec and they had to wait for another plane to come from MAN. Last night it was 6 hours delay, tonight about the same. It seems to be ok during the week when I've had time to look at the arrival times.
Liz

Lizspain, at this time of year it is quite common for delays to occur in the peak season. I am sure the information your friends were told about an aircraft being tech are true. If an aircraft goes tech for a flight then it will have a knock on effect throughout the day on proceeding flights and possibly on flights in the following days. This delay can only be rectified when there is a space in the scheduling or when there is a spare aircraft to cover for the aircraft that has gone tech. At this time of year, it is not uncommon for aircraft to be flying pretty much 24 hours and being on the ground for the duration of a turnaround, and so making up time lost caused by technical problems and other delays can be quite difficult.

I would suggest the reason why the flight you speak about has been delayed at the weekend more than during the week is more down to coincidence than anything else. However, a quick glance at the scheduling at LGW does show it to be quite busy during the weekend which may suggest why this flight has been delayed more during this time, without any spare aircraft or a sufficient gap in the scheduling to accommodate for aircraft that have gone tech.

worried79 wrote:
My family and I are travelling with Monach on flights 1860 and 1861 to kos on the 18th/25th August this year. The young passenger we are travelling with has limited mobility difficulties which we have now alerted Monach to as per our booking conditions. Not sure I felt 100% listened to when I called but I have my fingers crossed. They have apparently reserevd seats for my nephew and 1 other of our party of 4 but I then started to worry about depending on which aircraft the flight operates how close is this individual likley to be to the loo. (Silly I know but these things are imporatnt!!)

So anyone with limited mobility or disabled passengers got any experience of flying wth Monach?? from manchester? and does anyone know which aircraft this is likley to be?

worried79, the aircraft you will be traveling on is a B757-200. I am unable to advise you exactly where you will be sat as this will depend on the nature of the mobility difficulties of the the young passenger you speak about. However, I can tell you that it is common for people with reduced mobility to be sat in one of the following rows which is where you can find the removable armrests on this aircraft: rows 2, 3 & 4, row 11 and row 40. There are 4 toilets in total on this plane, 2 at the front and 2 about two thirds of the way down the aircraft, just behind row 30. Seating at rows 2, 3 & 4 is extra legroom seating and this is only guaranteed if you have paid for them. You can find out more information about this aircraft on Darren's What Aircraft Guide. If there is any other information you would like then please do not hesitate to ask.

Lydia_girl wrote:
hi im flying out to Corfu on the 11th of Oct, and returning on the 25th which aircraft type will it be, im flying from Manchester on the 1828 and returning on the 1829, thanks

Lydia_girl, the MON1829 from Manchester to Corfu is operated on a A300-600. You can find out more information about this aircraft on Darren's What Aircraft Guide.
Hi can anyone tell me the info relating to the plane Monarch flying out of Birmingham at 1445pm on August 9th, we dont have our tickets as yet so cannot confirm flight time, but todays flight is ZB424 ~ trying to find out if this scheduled flight has premium seats etc we've booked via sunsave, but this is the flight details Ive found.

Many thanks

Karen
Hi,

I'm flying out on the 3rd October from Gatwick to Sharm on flight number MON1904. Can anyone tell me what plane this will be and whether it's worth paying for extra leg room since I'm only 5'4.

Also does anyone know if they sell urban decay or Benefit makeup on the plane and if so what items they will be.
Karen_uk wrote:
Hi can anyone tell me the info relating to the plane Monarch flying out of Birmingham at 1445pm on August 9th, we dont have our tickets as yet so cannot confirm flight time, but todays flight is ZB424 ~ trying to find out if this scheduled flight has premium seats etc we've booked via sunsave

Karen, the ZB424 from Birmingham to Las Palmas is operated by an A321-200. You can find out more details of this aircraft on Darren's What Aircraft Guide. There are extra legroom seats in the front 7 rows of the aircraft (indicated by purple headrests) and at the emergency exits. I should point out however that paying for extra legroom seats does not afford any kind of "premium" service which you will only find on long haul flights. If you would like to pay for extra legroom seats on this flight then you will need to contact your travel agent. Failing this, you will need to get the flight reservation number from your travel agent and contact Monarch directly. The cost of extra legroom seating on this flight is £25 per person per flight.
[code]Karen_uk wrote:
[code]Hi can anyone tell me the info relating to the plane Monarch flying out of Birmingham at 1445pm on August 9th, we dont have our tickets as yet so cannot confirm flight time, but todays flight is ZB424 ~ trying to find out if this scheduled flight has premium seats etc we've booked via sunsave[/code]

Karen, the ZB424 from Birmingham to Las Palmas is operated by an A321-200. You can find out more details of this aircraft on Darren's What Aircraft Guide. There are extra legroom seats in the front 7 rows of the aircraft (indicated by purple headrests) and at the emergency exits. I should point out however that paying for extra legroom seats does not afford any kind of "premium" service which you will only find on long haul flights. If you would like to pay for extra legroom seats on this flight then you will need to contact your travel agent. Failing this, you will need to get the flight reservation number from your travel agent and contact Monarch directly. The cost of extra legroom seating on this flight is £25 per person per flight.[/code]

Hi Sorry, that should be to Dalaman . . .Im not going to Las Palmas so its this info below (assuming flight numbers are the same each week) and on the 9th

Dalaman Monarch Scheduled ZB 908 14:45

I understand extra leg room seats arent the same as premimum, but I didnt know if there was a premium cabin on this flight due to it being a 4+ hour flight and on looking at this plane type that you detailed only exist seats have extra leg room and it is my understanding kids under 16 cant use them . . .?
  • Edited by Karen_uk 2010-08-02 13:04:43
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.