Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi there party-boy

Thanks for coming back - sorry to have missed out some vital detail. :( :whoops

30-NOV-2010 MON4206 London Gatwick Uk Sharm El Sheikh 09:30 16:40
07-DEC-2010 MON4207 Sharm El Sheikh London Gatwick Uk 1

Cheers :-)
manama-smile,

LGW-SSH-LGW (MON4206/7) is normally a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating is personal preference. All are pretty similar so it makes little differene really, it's whatever you prefer. Checked-in luggage allowance for charter flights is 15kg, plus 5kg hand luggage. More details are on Monarchs website. It's often marketed as 20kg luggage allowance to make is sound more than it is, but hand luggage is included in this. Luggage allowance should be confirmed on tickets. Buggies are carried free of charge and collected at the boarding gate. The aircraft will have IFE via overhead screens, partyboy usually posts listings when they are released for that period. There are no upgrade options on this aircraft type other than extra legroom. Availablility of these is limited and you can't sit on an exit row with a toddler. You may find the following topic useful; is it easy to go abroad with a baby?.

Darren
Darren

thanks so much for the response. I dont suppose you know if I can book a meal direct with Monach for me and my son only. I have tried now to add the meal on with Avros who we booked with and they say I need to do it for the whole party (5) and they dont want meals and I dont want to pay that amount for meals for me and my son. I have tried to contact Monach but after two 30 mins on hold I have given up, and I cannot get in the pre booking until 90 days before hand to see what is even given as an option on this. Cheers Fran ;)
manama-smile,

As far as I know, you have to add them for all passengers under the same booking rather than individually. Many charter airlines operate the same policy. You can always take your own food, or purchase it at the airport and take it on to the aircraft, bearing in mind hand luggage restrictons for security.

Darren
I have booked a Monarch flight (Scheduled) through Airflights -they were cheaper at the time than booking with Monarch.
However now I want to book individual seats and can only do this with Airflights and they are charging £20 pp return admin fee. :( If that was per booking ok but pp?
Do we get 20kg per person plus hand luggage on flight MAN/LCA 11/08/2010 ZB640?
Thanks
Irene
Hi Irene
£20 per person admin fee does seems a bit steep but it is as stated in airflights terms and conditions.
Monarch schedule allowance is 20kg hold plus 10kg hand luggage but it should show this on your booking confirmation or tickets.
If it doesn't I would ring airflights and check. They allowances should be the same but you never know!
Hi Sunaddict
I emailed them and they said it was in their T&C - lesson learnt.
It is just that I wanted to book our seats on the way out as there are 4 of us. Will take a chance on the return as there are 3 of us and just hope they give us a window seat plus the middle and aisle.
I wouldn't like to be sitting in the 'middle' think it is a 3 4 3 layout.
Will check my print out for baggage - thanks
Irene
Irene,

Luggage allowances are detailed on Monarchs website. Your flights, MAN-LCA-MAN (ZB640/1) are operated by an Airbus A330-200. These are configured 3-3-3 in economy. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks Darren
I wouldn't like to be sitting in the middle 3 so I suppose I had better prebook seats for the return as well.
Irene
Hello all

Flying on Tuesday 27th July BHX to TFS on ZB 932, Darren has already told me that we will be on an Airbus A321-200. Any idea what it does beforehand so I can see if it is delayed and what the registration number of the plane we will be on is?

Thanks
roadrunner,

The flight before yours (ZB932) is normally ZB970/1 (Malaga). It's a little early to know the registration of the aircraft, it makes little difference in any case.

Darren
Hey Partyboy,
Any info on IFE for August yet?
Thanks
Zack
z.j.c wrote:
Hey Partyboy,
Any info on IFE for August yet?

Not yet I'm afraid. I will post as soon as though... :tup
Partyboy,
Thanks again, I am just wondering if you know why the flight numbers for MON397/8 are back to front?
MON379 is the outbound and MON378 is inbound however every other flight ive taken its the other way around?

THanks
Z.J.C
Roadrunner, your flight is down to be on G-OZBH.

ZJC, no idea why the flight number is like that but I'll endeavour to find out.
Darren and partyboy

Thanks for both your replies.
Hi Guys

Is it too early for the reg of the aircraft Wed 28 July ZB 640 Manchester to larnaca and can you guys still confirm a332

Thanks guys great site as ever
nato8835,

It'll be either G-EOMA or G-SMAN. It makes little difference as they are both the same; it's usually G-SMAN though.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.