Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi im flying out to larnaca from manchester on the 20th of this month on ZB648 and returning on the 27th on ZB649, what aircraft will operating these routes and if possible aircraft registration as well please?

thanks.
Hello again

I have had to change the holiday from September to November...will this change anything in terms of aircraft and the extra legroom seating?

Thanks!
razza923 wrote:
hi im flying out to larnaca from manchester on the 20th of this month on ZB648 and returning on the 27th on ZB649, what aircraft will operating these routes and if possible aircraft registration as well please?

razza923, the ZB648/9 on the 20th and 27th of July is operated an A321-200. It really could be on any reg of the A321-200 fleet but if you ask a day or two before then I may be able to give you an answer to the planned aircraft.

Butterfly_Boo wrote:
I have had to change the holiday from September to November...will this change anything in terms of aircraft and the extra legroom seating?

Butterfly_Boo, it is most likely that your flight will still be on the A330-200.
Hi there,

I am flying from manchester to cancun on the 3rd of august at 0900. I booked my holiday through teletext holidays and have been told i am flying through monarch airlines. I was just wondering if any one could shed any light on the following questions i have as iv tried to email the airline several times but with no reply and i have yet to receive a flight number. My queries are as follows :-

1. What type of aircraft will the flight be and is this classed as a charter flight or a scheduled flight?

2. How much luggage is allowed?

3. Will it matter if i havent got middle names on the tickets but they are on passports?

4. Is it possible to upgrade to better seats and at what cost?

Thanks for any help in these matters
marshall2408,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your flights are operated by one of Monarchs Airbus A330-200's. The flight numbers are MON379/8. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Luggage is dependant on who you booked with, details are on Monarchs website. It's normally 15kg + 5kg hand luggage (often described as 20kg allowance, the total of the two components). As long as your christian and surname are correct on your tickets, it doesn't matter about your middle name. I never use mine. There is a premium cabin available, but you'll have to enquire the availability through your tour operator. Expect it to be around £160 - £180 return, that's what showing at the moment. If you just want more room, there's also extra legroom room seating available but again, you'll need to enquire through your tour operator.

Darren
Thanks for the helpful reply :)
I dont suppose anyone has any idea of the general comfortness and what to expect on these flights , obviously im not expecting it to be 1st class just wondering what peoples thoughts are on these.

Thanks
marshall2408,

You'll find plenty of passenger opinion on the previous pages of this thread. Comfort levels are ok, but nothing special as 30" seat pitch is below the average for long haul operators these days. I've been across the pond a few times on aircraft of comparable standard, and it's not good compared to the other charter operators. The lack of seat back IFE is an issue for some passengers as not all seats have a clear view of the overhead screens and you're limited to what is being shown at the time. Apart from that, service levels are as good as the other charter operators.

Darren
Thanks for the information very helpful.

Just one more question. Does booking extra legroom guarantee the seats will be together or do you have to book extra legroom and then request seats together?

Thanks in advance
marshall2408,

There are no guarantees, however given there are only a select number of extra legroom seats, the changes of being split up are reduced. That doesn't mean you won't be split across an isle or one behind the other though.

Darren
so would it be a case of getting to the front of the que in check in to get a better chance of having seats together then?
We are flying to Cancun August 2010 but I can't seem to get any information on in flight entertainment and prices for duty free on Monarch - does anyone know of these prices or where I can find them? I would be very grateful :)
mrsrilo,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive information on this topic and aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Your flights are operated by an Airbus A330-200. The current IFE listing is here. Monarch don't publish their inflight prices, however if you let us know what you're looking for, we can give you the approximate prices.

Darren
Mrsrilo, in flight entertainment details for August have yet to be released, but I will post them here as soon as they are available.
Hi all! just wondering whether anyone knows why the ZB896 (LTN-TFS) is delayed by 4 hours today, im waiting to pick someone up from TFS airport and was shocked! I believe the aircraft involved is G-MONX, does anyone know the reason? thanks in advance for any replies! :)
Had 2 good flights on Monarch recently.

Flew to Rhodes on 23/6/2010 (MON7014), would have departed bang on time but delayed a few minutes because problems with the baggage system meant that all the luggage hadn't been loaded on time.

Return flight took off on time and landed 10 minute early.

We've flown Monarch from Gatwick many times and the check-in zone has always been Zone K.
We checked and our flight was being checked in in Zone J - maybe because it was quite a large plane - airbus A300.
They opened the gate 75 minutes before departure time too.
Hi,
Just wondering if you can help me, flying out on MON379 in three weeks just wondering where the aircraft comes in from beforehand?

Thanks
Z.J.C
The aircraft should be on the ground overnight (or undergoing line maintenance) after doing a flight to and from Luxor the previous day from Manchester.
partyboy_uk,
Thanks very much. Feel better when I know its on the ground. Do you have the IFE for august yet?

Thanks,
No IFE info for August yet, but will post as soon as I have it ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.