Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi, im travelling on ZB896 to TFS from LTN on Monday and was wondering whether anyone could tell me what the reg of the A320 will be, i know it wont make any difference, but i like to know anyway! :D
thanks,
nick
It looks like G-OZBK and G-MONX are the A320's operating out of Luton at the moment. I'll check which one your flight is due to fly on tomorrow. Sorry I haven't been able to get the info about screens for you. I simply haven't flown on it recently
partyboy_uk wrote:
It looks like G-OZBK and G-MONX are the A320's operating out of Luton at the moment. I'll check which one your flight is due to fly on tomorrow. Sorry I haven't been able to get the info about screens for you. I simply haven't flown on it recently

thats ok - now that monarch only show tv shows i decided to take my portable dvd player, and thanks for trying anyway. :)
Hi am travelling from MAN-BODRUM on Monday flight MON7092 does this aircraft have IFE

Thanks Mabs
Yes, your flight should have IFE. Listings for this can be found here at the bottom under listings for medium haul routes such as Turkey.
partyboy_uk thanks for your help , at least i wont be listening to him moaning next to me now :rofl
thanks again Mabs
Nickappel, it turns out you should be flying on G-OZBB.
Partyboy,
I am wondering what meals to expect on MON378/9 from Manchester to Cancun?

Thanks
Z.J.C
partyboy_uk wrote:
Nickappel, it turns out you should be flying on G-OZBB.

thanks again :wave:
z.j.c wrote:
I am wondering what meals to expect on MON378/9 from Manchester to Cancun?

z.j.c, you can expect a light breakfast approx. 90 mins/2hours into the flight, following the drink service, and then a hot dinner (most likely roast chicken) approx 90 mins before landing into Cancun. This is the reverse on your way home.
nickappel, for your information I would point out that G-OZBB has centre aisle TV screens. Have a great time on holiday :sun2
partyboy,
Thanks sound a lot better than what the other tour operates offer is usually a sandwich before landing!

Z.J.C
Hi there guys.

I was wondering if any of your could help me, as getting lost on the mon website - I have a few questions. (I also e-mailed monach throug htheir website but yet nothing back after 1.5 months!)

Flight to Egypt sharm- November/December
Question1:
anyone know what type of plane it will be?

Question2:
Will the plane have TV of anykind and if yes - what channel types will they have?

Question3:
?where would be the best place to sit on the plane with an active 2 year old?

Question4:
Do I get 5kg hand luggage ontop of 20kg hold? + buggy on top of this

Question5:
What would the meal likley to be? What would the kids option be?

Question6:
Any tips with flying with an active 2year old - I am really starting to panic about this?

Question7:
Is there an option to upgrade to a higher level on the egypt-sharm flights?

Sorry so many questions - but seems to be people know about things on here and may get a quicker response. many Thnks :cheers

F
Partyboy/Darren,

I'm intrigued to know how much the flight time between Gatwick and Sharm el Sheikh can vary. We recently travelled with Monarch on MON5114/5115. The flight time going out was 4hrs 50mins and we were about 40mins leaving and 30 mins late arriving. Coming back, the flight time was 4hrs 40mins - we were nearly an hour late leaving but only 10mins late back to Gatwick. My friends are on MON5279 this evening and they text to say all was on time. They were marked up as arriving at 2115 into Gatwick, 45 mins early but finally landed at 2212. Would the flight really have taken an extra hour, making it 5hrs 45mins?

Monarch do seem to turn their aircraft around quickly and this isn't the first time I've had shorter flights with them. Our flight to Paphos last year was 3hrs 40mins - the quickest I've ever experienced...or am I just lucky...?! They also seem to schedule slightly less time for their Egypt flights, e.g for our flight there and back, 11hrs 40 mins on an A300. Thomson schedule 12hrs generally for a 767 it seems...?

Regards,

TMW9725
manama-smile,

Welcome to the forum. We are happy to help whenever possible. However, please post all details of flights (i.e. departure point, flight number, dates) when asking questions about a particular flight. Part of the information you require will depend on which aircraft you are flying on and we can only establish this with that information :tup
TMW9725,

Flight time can vary considerably depending on different factors. These can include: strong and weak tail/head winds, air traffic restrictions, flight routing, airport traffic, passenger load and so on. Airlines tend to pack their schedule out somewhat to allow for delays as much as possible. I have flown to Egpyt on many occasions and the flight time in one direction can sometimes be 45mins to an hour longer than in the other direction simply due to a strong tailwind in one direction and a strong headwind in the opposite direction.

Most Monarch flights to Egypt tend to be operated by the same crew for both the outbound and inbound journey of a flight and so there is a need for schedules to be reduced as much as possible due to crew flying limitations. Therefore, a speedy turnaround is often required and every effort is made to make sure the aircraft departs on time to reduce the risk of crew going "out of hours".

Arrival times of flights back to the UK are estimated based on information of the position of an aircraft at a particular point in time. If an aircraft arrives on time at its destination, this will give an estimated time of arrival back in the UK based on the flight time expected by the flight crew. However, if a subsequent delay is incurred then this information isn't necessarily picked up straight away. Moreover, operating flight crew will often try to pick up any shortcuts possible along its return journey to make sure the flight arrives back as close to its original time of arrival as possible.
How long before the flight do Monarch open check-in at Gatwick? Flighing to Dalaman on MON1934, Aug 13th.
hunter.england,

It's 3 hours normally, but if you arrive earlier than that, say up to 4 hours, you should still be fine for checking in.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.