Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
you can get indian rupees from lloyds bank.you have to order it and they dont let you have a lot.i think i got £30 this year.have been getting some from there since 2003. they do tell you that you are not allowed to take it out of the country and it says on the envelope that it is illegal to take rupees into of or out of india.it does make me smile because i dont know what you're supposed to do with it! when i tried to get some from barclays (because i can get currency/travellers cheques delivered free) they dont sell them and were really sniffy when i told them that lloyds do,saying they shouldn't because its a closed currency.
Hi split, thanks for that. Have you stayed there? the guy and his wife are lovely and so is the restaurant, I hope they have vacancies when we go on 20th March.
The exchange rate is going down each day now.
Is the exchange rate going to go back up again any time soon? My budgets getting smaller every day. Would £600 a month be sufficient spending money encluding accommodation in that?
HOT DOG

It looks like every thing has gone up in price, and the value of our money has gone down. The money you have to spend will be to the value of where you spend it. If you are going to a shack, resturant, or jump into taxi's tuk-tuks every day ,which we know all know that chage over the top then it will not last you long. Take a bus and keep every piece of change you have to pay the bus fares, if you give them a note, 90% of the time you do not get change.

Look around, before you decide which shack on the beach to make your daily base. There are many, many, local resturants, that do not have big screen tvs, they do not have someone imitating elvis, or neil diamond, they are cheaper to use. Haggle, and haggle and haggle, if you do not get the price you want, walk away, but at least you will know how far down the scale of payment they are willing to go too. So the next shop you go to for the same item, you know the price to start haggling at. A couple of years ago 600 pound a month would make you a millionaire over in Goa. But this time make sure you check out prices before you buy anything at all. If this money is just for entertainment and food and drink, then it will more than last.
looks like the Uk interest rate will go down again and the rupee will fall more . I think it will go to 70rs + £1 . Just a gut felling cause if i knew for sure i wouldnt be sitting in the Uk freezing writing this
And £600 for a month is enough for spending money.Just dont buy the junk that the sellers sell on the beach and dont give to the beggars that could work and are better off than you are anyway .
Im hoping it doesnt go any further lower before the weekend i know its still going to be cheaper than here in uk and doesnt cost anything to lie back and enjoy the sunshine, i deffinitly wont be getting taken for granted this year or i will atleast try not too :)
71.20 today folks and going down by the day euro was 59 :cry
american dollar. i have plenty of these, got them last year so how many rupees would i get for a dollar. :que :sun2
Friend of mine, in Goa at present, emailed me that some change places are changing the rate twice a day, thats how bad it's getting! Alan
:rofl :rofl tomitma if only I read today some pleace's are only giving 70 rupes to a pound
Well thats bad IC, your toyboy says he cant afford to take you now :( you drink too much coffee
Just back from Cavelossim on 16/11/2008 - the exchange rate very low at the Donna Sylvia 67 IR - Outside they were giving 70 and 71 IR - Watsons were the best rate. I hope it improves for everyone else still to go on holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.