Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Going to goa in February previously went to Goa in 2005 and 2006 and took english pounds with us which we was able to change most places. We used to change money at the Elephant shop in Candolim.Can you still do this and will it ok to take Sterling money. Looking forward for help thanks :sun2
Yes you can still take sterling and change it. From what everyone esle is saying the Elephant shop still seems to be better exchange rate....but it's not good right now :(
Get a nationwide flex account, you won't have to worry about it again!! :think free withdrawals from the ATM anywhere in the world. top exchange rate. :tup
WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT :que
BOB :cheers :cheers
Bob,
Do you work for Nationwide? :D :D ;)

Before you ask yes we only use Nationwide. :tup :tup
:tup

Yes me too and i have got quite a few others on to it also do you think i should get commision :rofl
Its the best thing since sliced bread me thinks :cheers

Pip
x
hi, i am taking us dollars as we got them last year $2 =£1 hope we can change them ok.
Love my Nationwide account as well! No need to say anymore... :tup
used my Nationwide card recently in Ireland to pay for a Hotel, it was 99 euros but with the exchange rate Nationwide gave me it only cost me £73, it would have cost me £84 to pay in pounds on the day that shows how good the rates are :tup .
glad everyones enjoying using their nationwide card. :grin can,t wait to see how much commission i,ve got so far!!! :cheers :cheers LOL
BOB
Just looked it up on the internet and it says 76rs = £1 .I get there tomorrow and have to pay my landlord 4 months rent so i think i change a lot of cash over then as 76rs is not bad .
I have also just got a Nationwide Flex account. Once I load it up in the uk is it advisable to let Nationwide know you are going to use it in India. I presume that if you use up your balance you can still withdraw cash but there will be a charge. I once used a new credit card in Greece but it wouldnt work because the credit card company were suspicious
I tried to let Nationwide know, they said that I did not have to bother but I was worried like you, but had no problems using it.

I would take a contact number with you just in case.

Mids
I got an agreed £1000 overdraft with My Nationwide card, very useful when on holiday :rofl :rofl
hi all....i dont have a nationwide account that i have seen people refer to so im thinking of getting a prepaid credit card for taking with me - according to moneysupermarket they work just like normal credit cards and can be used at atms or for purchases....we are staying in calangute...is there plenty of atms - has anyone used these whilst visiting goa?
There are plenty of ATM's the reason why people have got thew Nationwide account is because you do not pay bank charges on withdrawing money from abroad. They also do not charge for converting the currency, I used Lloyds Debit card, and the bank charges were horrendous. Nationwide also give a higher rate of exchange, and your money is converted that day not days later.
Thanks split, thats all i got in january so does not seem to bad. :cheers Gel
only 72rps to the £ hoping it starts to go back up very very soon
Sharon
More likely to go down with interest rate falling, who needs the pound?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.