Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Didnt look yesterday,but 72 rps still on Sunday :tup
Over the last three weeks the best rate ( regrettably after and as a result of the terrorist attacks) was R76. This lasted a day and most of the time the rate hovered around 72 falling to 70 at the end of last week.
The one tip I would give is try and avoid changing money at the weekend as the rates are usually set a bit lower . I was suprised to see a new arrival at our hotel ( where the rate was R3 lower than the money exchange 50 metres away) cash in £350 on a Sunday. The rate was R67 !
That is why the Nationwide card is so good as you get bank rates and no need to shop around :tup
If I could remember my online password I would check my account to see what rate I got on the one time I used it !
The only drawback with a card is having to go to Calangute to use it.
I bet you got at least 77rps it is always well above what you get on the streets :tup
Hi
I thought I would let others know that I have just ordered some Indian Ruppees via Tesco travel section. It is a poor rate ie £50 = 3500r which costa £57 inc delivery etc.

I have not received these yet as I know it is a closed currency but the money has been taken from my account.

For anybody wishing to buy a few before arrival it may be of use.
Info for anyone who uses Lloyds. In the past I have gone into my bank and ordered TC. This time I was told that in order to get them commission free I had to order them on line or over the telephone. I tried to order on line but wasn't confident about this as I received no confirmation or reference number so when I got home from work I rang them and was told it hadn't gone through! I again ordered them over the telephone but had real trouble jconvincing them I didn't want dollar TC but sterling. They were very insistant I had dollar ones. Why don't these banks let us do what we want with our own money. I wont feel confident until I go into the bank tomorrow to pick them up. Teach me to leave things to the last minute. I will definately open a nationwide account when I come back from Goa.
I was told exactly the same. They charge commission now, which i haven't paid before. I ordered online, no problem, last friday. They gave me a reference number and l collected them yesterday.
They haven't charged me commission at least I don't think they have. The only amount taken out of my account was the amount I asked for in TCs. I will find out if it is different when I collect them today.
They didn't charge commission as i applied online.
I was told by the bank that there is no commission when bought on line or over the phone.
i asked yesterday at my bank and no commision if you order online or over the phone..
Think we are pretty well sorted on that then! :wave:
The rate of the rupee is rubbish just now :( between 71-72 rupees to the pound. One day we only got 70 rps to the pound :(
would it be worth taking euros,,,,? I get lost with all the conversions,, does anyone know how to compare the difference :think
Geri the Euro out there is worse than the pound.

Today's exchange:

1.00 EUR = 66.5049 INR

1.00 GBP = 73.8776 INR
The Euro rate is interesting !
They are making £1 = Euro 1.11

No way you can get that at home. It was 1.04 on the tourist rate a couple of days ago.
so does that make it better to take Euro's or pounds.......???
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.