Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Best rate is always with nationwide flexi and credit card no charges
ann :tup
I got my Nationwide statement today and see that I got an exchange rate (Nov 28th) of 76.103 when the money exchange in Calangute was offering 74.5 although I believe it went up to 76 later in the day. I used it to pay my hotel drinks bill and the rate was 73.376 when the local money exchange was 71.( Processed 2 days after on Dec 9th)
A definite thumbs up for Nationwide and in future I will use the card more instead of taking large amounts of cash !!!!!
Incidentally, lots of people were struggling to find a machine with cash in it but in fact the problem wasn't lack of cash but attempting to draw out too much. Whereas we couldn't get R10,000 we did get two lots of R5000 without a problem.
The exchange rate for TC and cash is minimal. We were getting 70.00 most days around Xmas for TC and it was 70.5 for cash. For safety reasons I prefer to use TC but having said that intend to get a Nationwide card for next visit as had an horrendous time trying to get money off our Lloyds and Alliance & Leicester debit cards at the end of the holiday when the TC had run out.
Brenliz, How much where you trying to draw out in one go though ?
First time 14,000 rps and second time 7,000 rps. Although the previous day I got out 7,000 with no problems.
just returned and when it was 67rps on the street we got 70 with the Nationwide card :tup I could draw 10,000rps per day
I also have a Nationwide Denit Visa and I was able to draw 15,000 a day, possibly more but I didnt check the limit
As the pound is going down and down, does anybody have a view on whether it's better to take US Dollar traveller's cheques instead of sterling?
:yikes 67inr to the £
just worked out Euro and US dollar not much difference.
Inger
Does anyone know the latest exchange rate in Goa at the moment?
Checking the net (xe.com) for the exchange rate I notice that the rupee was 69.58 for £1, can anybody tell me what the local rate is for sterling, in around Calangute if possible.
Does anyone know of anywhere we can change Rupees to £'s near the Calangute area? and how much can we change in one go?

Thanks
:)
Thanks Dragon07 - do you know what the limit is?
Thanks
Jo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.