Forum Announcements

Announcements on changes and amendments at holidaytruths forums.
Just a thought, don't suppose it will be very helpful but how did they work it on the old HT site. I don't recall seeing those in 'new posts' before.

I seem to remember that Van wrote some additional script to stop them appearing as a new post
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
Just a thought, don't suppose it will be very helpful but how did they work it on the old HT site. I don't recall seeing those in 'new posts' before.

I seem to remember that Van wrote some additional script to stop them appearing as a new post

Sorry Shirley I missed your post.

Ill check that out cheers guys :)
I think I've solved my mystery of posts not reaching threads. I'm not getting the warning that a post has made since I started mine. So i click submit, no warning, and it goes directly to the thread where I appear to have lost my post. This last time, I clicked the back button and there was my post for preview, with the warning about a further post. I hope that is clear because it doesn't even look it to me :rofl Bettyboop has also experienced the missing post problem.
Just happened to me too on the sunshine thread - in fact me replying to you.
;) It only happened the once Fiona - I'm now getting notification pop up saying another post had been submitted whilst I was typing and would I like to view it before I hit submit.
Not really a problem, just an observation, but the HT favicon on the address bar doesn't match the new livery. I'm still showing the old HT logo. :)
New one is there. Your browser may have cached the old one. Phil might know more.
yep you need to clear your cache you may also need to delete your one click link and reinstall it

wizard
Don't want to be a pain but is there any progress to report on stopping the mods welcome messages from being bumped all the time and showing all over the new post pages.

I like viewing through 'new posts' as it's the easiest way for me, being interested in loads of forums. That way I can see at a glance what new queries I can help with. At the moment it's just a pain seeing more of those welcome posts than ordinary members' queries that i often don't bother.

I'd like to be more active again but this one issue is definitely putting me off.

thanks
Shirley
its on the list [i queried it myself] there is still a lot of work tp do, and there are priorities getting all the reviews back [still a couple of thousand to move across] this is slow work as they are checking the hotel entries as they go, photos/media needs sorting that is a way down the list, and niggley bits like the marker post showing, to fix this i believe they have to write their own script which takes time

wizard
Thanks for the info wiz. I will drop in now and again to check progress but do understand needing to sort out the review section. Really looking forward to seeing the photo gallery once it's up and running again too :tup
shirley h wrote:
Don't want to be a pain but is there any progress to report on stopping the mods welcome messages from being bumped all the time and showing all over the new post pages.

I like viewing through 'new posts' as it's the easiest way for me, being interested in loads of forums. That way I can see at a glance what new queries I can help with. At the moment it's just a pain seeing more of those welcome posts than ordinary members' queries that i often don't bother.

I'd like to be more active again but this one issue is definitely putting me off.

thanks

I wouldn't worry too much Shirley I am sure Phil and Chris have it on their to do list as it has been mentioned quite a few times before so wouldnt think it needs endlessly repeating to them and you have many other, places you can be active in. Lol. Most of the rest of us are coping ok scrolling down. I would think the new guys probably need a little patience from members. At the end of the day they have rescued the board for us.

For example I haven't got any smilies in my pms but I could live without those indefinitely.
Doe :sun2
Doe, thanks for your input but my query was to one of the mods or admin who would be in the best position to answer my query, which Wiz has kindly done.

thanks again Wiz.
Apologies I thought it was an open board and anybody could respond to anything regardless of their status :(

Doe
I find you have to look a lot harder to find new posts as the locked ones look the same as unread ones, along with the mods ones :que
to much yellow for me I think :duh
Of course it's an open board Doe but I would have thought that only the team would know if there was any progress on technical issues here :que
Lets keep it friendly guys...

Ray I've just made a change is it looking any better now?

Cheers, Phil
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.