Forum Announcements

Announcements on changes and amendments at holidaytruths forums.
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
You show online to us Pippy :wave

Oh, really?! That's really odd because when I look under my avatar, I can see it says I'm off-line! :think
That is weird.. if im signed in your online and if im not your offline.. Lol

You using tapatalk atm?
right now Pippy is showing as offline on her profile but is showing as being online at the bottom of the page
Phil wrote:
That is weird.. if im signed in your online and if im not your offline.. Lol

You using tapatalk atm?

No, posting from the pc but was posting from Tapatalk earlier. You only need sign-in the very first time you access a forum with Tapatalk, thereafter there's no need to do so. Maybe it has something to do with that, the fact I could be signed-in via both the pc and my smartphone :)
Following other posts above, , it now shows there are no registered and no guests browsing this forum so perhaps I'm merely a figment of my own imagination. :que
Perhaps you are? ... Lol

I'm aware of this error, when viewing a topic page (like this one) that some people are shown online and some aren't. I'm looking into this :)
just tried to log on at work as usual; we use IE6 :que
and while i was able to do this up till last friday get error message now saying internet explorer cannot open site ,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. operation aborted, when i try to open any of the forums.
SMa's getting the same problem as you Jim and she can't access here to post now.
Shirley, I'm aware of Sma's issue and contacted her directly.

Jim I'll try and look at ie6 I'll need to download it lol sites rarely support it now tbh. Im trying to think what ive changed that could cause that.. I take it your work won't upgrade your browser? :)
Cheers, Phil
im still getting a blur at the top and the tiles all overlapping, not too worried till you have sorted the windows and mac users, but then prehaps you can help the Linux users [especially as your server runs Linux and phpb is also linux :D ]
im still getting a blur at the top and the tiles all overlapping
;) put more water with it Whizz!
As far as I'm aware apart from this IE6 issue and a minor mac issue in some browsers. Most people should be seeing the site as its meant to be seen.
that's what i mean ... most are windows users im Linux with the latest Firefox... we are the sensible ones but only about 16% of the population [unless you also count linux-android]
phil,
if only!!!!!!!!!!!!! in these days of austerity and govenment cutbacks it just wont happen.
i do have firefox at work, so i am not completely out of contact, but it is a bit of a hassle having to swap between IE and Firefox as the latter is so slow to load and i have to reload bookmarks every day (dont ask) so it is easier for me to use IE.
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3055/alltosimilar.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/197/alltosimilarcopy.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hi again PHIL.
think you will see what I mean when I say they are all to much of a likeness in my two examples.
I think :yikes you will see its very very easy to see NEW POST and don't have to think what's what in the yellow circles.
I, and I hope others would agree its easier on the eye just to pick-out new posts or mods.
just something that makes life easy, any different colours or squares rather than circles, but different colours.
ray
  • Edited by ray388 2012-07-04 07:44:50
Me too. the icons are a bit confusing and hard to decipher one from another.
HI Ray,

Thanks for the diagram, I know some of you have said you have found them confusing, and my last post on this was that, I would discuss with Chris :)
He has only just got back at the weekend and we have other things to sort at the mo but ill discuss this with him when I can :) Leave it with me.

Cheers, Phil

Cheers, Phil
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.