Forum Announcements

Announcements on changes and amendments at holidaytruths forums.
I know I've asked about it before, but what is the situation with the "view active topic" button please.? It's always been a great way of seeing what threads are being actively participated in, but at the moment , there's just two global announcements in that section. Thank you.
Helen,

It appears the latest update means it now needs to be turned on for each forum indivually.. Ive added Turkey. Does this look better for you now?

Cheers, Phil
lady wrote:
Hi, I wrote a review of the Blue Star hotel , Olu Deniz, it appears in the review section and now says tea and coffee in rooms, I am sure I never wrote this as it is not true! It would be much better if like other review sites you could edit your own reviews. Somehow it has changed from tea and coffee at breakfast to in rooms don't know how! Could you change this to not mislead others, thanks.
Linda.

Hi Linda have sent you a pm regarding the above :tup
Another time consuming task then Phil, doing them all individually. I enjoy so many sections, I always use the view new posts or active topic buttons, rather than plough through each individual forum for stuff that interests me. Thanks
Yup they will be done in due course. From the PHPBB documentation it shows the posts from the last 7 days in the forums that we have turned on.

You should start to see more forums appear in that list as and when.

Cheers, Phil
Thanks Glynis for altering my review of the Blue Star as requested by me, next time I must read what I'm posting! Would be good if tea and coffee was available in the rooms though!
Linda.
Thanks Linda,

Glad we got it sorted :) And thanks for the reviews! Keep them coming! :)
Cheers, Phil
We have just added a new related topic box which you will find at the bottom of the topic pages.

Please note some of the data might be old. We have only just activated it, so we are going to see how it goes.

Your feedback on that is welcomed.

Cheers, Phil
When I click on 'View New Posts', I'm informed that I can't use the search facility at this time and to try later.
I din't want the flamin' search facility and didn't ask for it. I just want to view new posts - not too much to ask, I would have thought. :que
Re. my last post - forget it - it's now condescended to allow me to see the new posts.
Sagres wrote:
When I click on 'View New Posts', I'm informed that I can't use the search facility at this time and to try later.
I din't want the flamin' search facility and didn't ask for it. I just want to view new posts - not too much to ask, I would have thought. :que

Hi Sagres,

Was that the first time you have clicked on View New Posts today? Although you aren't doing a search as such its classed as a search page and there is a flood limit, to stop the page being constantly refreshed.

If it was the first time you clicked on it today, please let me know and ill add it to my issues :)
Cheers, Phil
Phil
I have had the same as well. It can be the first time i have used search new posts. I've always got back on within a couple of minutes though
No, - it's my habitual way of checking the forum and I will have used it at least two or three times previously today.
Could you guys please let me know if this keeps happening and I'll sort :)
Thanks for letting me know :)
Cheers, Phil
Just wondering why I appear to be showing as being 'off-line' (unless the default setting is 'hidden'?)?
Hmm thats interesting Pippy.

Default is that members are shown :) There is a setting in your profile that allows you to be hidden all the time, also a check box when you login asking if you wish to be hidden.

Might be worth checking these :)
Cheers, Phil
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7272/7474932470_d6f66cdc8f.jpg
www.holidaytruths.co.uk screen capture 2012-6-30-22-44-12 by pip aka flipflop :), on Flickr

No, didn't choose to be hidden when I logged-in and also not in my board preferences. It's no problem, just curious!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.