General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi all
i know some airlines request 6 months left on a passport but is it the same for ferry companies plz? im planning a trip to france in august and just discovered my passport runs out in december.
many thanks
helen :cheers
You will be perfectly OK on the ferries. My OH used one of the Dover- Calais ferries last week and his passport runs out in two months time.
proud2bwelsh123,

Entry requirements are listed on the FCO's website. You only need a passport that is valid for the duration of your stay.

Darren
hiya
thank you both for your reply
will check out web site
cheers helen :cheers
Posted my sons passport for renewal today (childs). Hoping it wont take long but I'll let you know when I get it back, might help people on here,, with regards to turnaround times at the minute!
In the process of filling out my 5 yr old grandsons passport renewal...... do I cross the box which states Mr...or do I write in the title box master. Unsure if it matters but want to get it right first time.
It is personal choice

I've a friend who at 17 still titles as Master

The title doesn't appear on the passport anyway
Passport came today :) its taken 19 days from posting to delivery :tup
hi my daughter is 17 and her passport expires on the 15th feb 2011 we are travelling to portugal on the 5th aug for two weeks will her passport be valid.

caz
caz there is no validity requirement by Portugal

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/portugal?ta=entryRequirements&pg=4

However, some airlines like to impose their own rules so double check with your travel company
Our son is 18 in less than 2 weeks and travelling out to Cyprus with us on 11th August returning on his own 1 week later.
Just a thought he has a passport that expires next May - It is okay for him to travel on his own with a passport that was issued to him when he was 13 years?
Irene
Hi Irene ... when a child reaches 16, the next passport which they apply for is an adult passport. But a child passport issued when aged 15 or younger is valid for its full 5 year term, even if the child reaches adulthood during that period. And so someone issued with a child passport at aged 15 could continue to use it legitimately until aged 20.

David :wave
Hi David
It wasn't that I didn't think it was valid for travel as he travelled with us last year aged 17 - a doubt crept into my head because he is returning on his own after 1 week.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Irene
apologies if this question has been asked before, have recently moved so do i have to get the address changed on my passport and husband's one please? if so do we have to send them to the Passport Office?
Hi Silver Angel ... no need to inform IPS of your new address until you are renewing your passports.

thankyou David both our passports have a few years to go yet, you have put my mind at ease now
Just a quick bit of advice

The new Passport Application System will be launched in October this year, this will eventually lead to online applications etc

Obviously this being a Government agency system I'd advise anyone travelling around October and November to not leave it to the last minute as there's bound to be teething problems!
hi dazbo me and the family are traveling to majorca on the 15th august for a week all our passports expire in jan 31st next year so we will have just under 6 months left we will be flyin with either jet2 or ryanair and hotel indapendily booked do you know if we will be ok as cant find any info on jet2 and ryanair to see if they require atleast 6 months thanks

the fatboy
Hi fatboy ... Ryanair and Jet2 require your passport to be valid for the duration of your holiday, or any longer period stipulated by the country concerned. In the case of Spain (incl Balearics and Canaries) no longer period is stipulated, your passport only requires to be valid for the duration of your stay.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.