Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
:rofl :rofl
brewed in some place called Sagres
.. it ain't - I went there once, looking for the brewery and it's not there!! :banghead: :banghead:
  • Edited by Sagres 2010-01-11 19:34:13
I went there once, looking for the brewery and it's not there

your right it's brewed in Vialonga, by Heineken it was originaly [f founded in the 1940's in the 70's it moved with the nationalisation of both the brewing interest's of Sociedade Central de Cervejas (SCC) and Companhia de Cerveja de Portugal (CERGAL). there after it was purchased in the 90's by a German firm then sold to Scotish and Newcastle who were split up a couple of years back, :que even worse the only light beer i actually like Mythos ended up in the hands of Carlsberge at the same time :cry
Any chance of a loan of your anorak when you've finished with it?? :rofl :rofl
if you want my anorak you will have to learn about malt whiske's and real ale or cladding materials [brick stone tiles slat thatch etc] used on listed buildings from 1540 to 1900 and i would be pleased to pass it to you..BUT you will have to purchase your own Lambretta and skid lid :rofl :rofl
I've studied single Malts for many years and real ale since before I could legally purchase it, but you've got me on the roofing materials - the only tiles I know about are the ones I was out on when I was studying the malts and the ale!! :rofl :rofl
Well as it's rather quiet here just now, thought I would post just to let you all know that we are off to Cabanas on Saturday for 2 weeks :hyper :hyper :hyper
It looks as if the temperatures are round about 15-16 so a bit better than here!!!!

Got to check out the state of the Sagres and the tinto, of course.......... :rofl

Pat
:glynis
... Doesn't need any checking out - the Sagres is golden and the tinto's red.... Simples!! ;) :rofl
Have a great time.
All packed and waiting for taxi now......see you all in a couple of weeks!!!!

Will make sure there's plenty of Sagres and tinto stocked up for you, Sagres...... :rofl :rofl

Pat
:glynis
Hellfire- they've got ten weeks to brew some more before I get there!! :rofl
ah ,but that's before i tell you that we are out in two weeks time and again at easter !!! :rofl :rofl :rofl
:pele :pele ... Just found bottled Sagres on sale in our local B & M'S store and treated myself to half a dozen. The chicken's marinating in the piri-piri sauce as I write and I'm going to turn the central heating up and pretend that April's come early!! :glynis :rofl
Sagres if you have a homebargains store near you they sell it there as well 4 bottles for £1.99, that's cheap!! I got some today. Adsa also have it, two 4 bottle packs for £6 or £3.89 for one 4 pack.
So they have!! :really Don't know how many times we must have walked past those and not noticed them.
I was delighted to find the ones yesterday ( all gone, by the way - well, you've got to wash the chicken piri-piri- down with something ;) ) but that's taken the shine off it for me - I paid £2:49 yesterday :sulk :D
sorry for the delay in reporting back,but had a minor blip on the old health front :whoops i can tell you the chicken still has not landed on the roundabout at Guia yet but all preperation work is finished and it should not be too long now :rofl :rofl the figure will be 3 fold, one large chicken and one small chicken seperated by a bottle of wine thus signifying Guia as the capital of chicken "piri-piri" and also as the new wine growing area of the Algarve. The weather was c---p all week but on a positive note full stocks of Monte Velho were everywhere average price was 5.19 euros a bottle :cheers
Flying out for ten days tomorrow morning. I do hope that the weather forecasters have got it wrong!! :sulk
Very nice, although the weather does look a bit... well... wait till you get out there i say haha. Have booked to go out on 1st May just for 3 nights to celebrate my birthday! not long :D
Sagres will have arrived to be greeted with a thunderstorm last night and it has been raining just about all day here in Albufeira at least.

The forecast is for more of the same until at least Sunday.

:(
thats OK he will be as wet the outside as the inside :rofl
How very,very true - you know me so well !!!! :glynis :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.