Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
sa coma 2012???
8 Posts
Hi,

Have you looked at the Protur chain of hotels I know they are very popular, there are a few to choose from and some are all inclusive. The hotels together form the Club Protur Sa Coma resort which includes a small water park and a large mini golf course. We have not stayed in Sa Coma but visited last year when we stayed in a Protur hotel in Cala Bona. We had a drink at the Safari aparthotel and the all inclusive food looked nice and it wasn't that busy. We found Sa Coma to be a bit touristy and preferred Cala Bona which has a great choice of restaurants around the harbour but i understand Sa Coma is fab for children. As for the waterpark we didn't go as the journey time on the coach was 2 hours there and 2 hours back which i thought was too long but i think it's between 45 mins to an hour in a car if you are hiring one. I think a lot of the hotels in Sa Coma are AI so you should have plenty to choose from but i think this affects the quality of restaurants in the resort although Cala Bona and Cala Millor are close enough to visit on a night.
which resort you on about to get to which waterpark ??... 2 hours
Not sure i like your tone...... but from the Bonaire aparthotel in Cala Bona the Thomsons trip to the waterpark was a 2 hour journey each way including picking up other passengers from other hotels and this is a fact because my brother and his family went on it, we did not. It is half the time in a car apparantly for obvious reasons just like coach transfers versus car transfers.

other people agree if you search see eg below.

Has anybody visited the waterpark in Alcudia from the Cala Millor/Cala Bona area? Last year I went to the waterpark at Arenal via one of the local tour companies but it is quite a long trip. Wondered if any local companies do trips to the Alcudia park or is a taxi feasible? (don't drive unfortunately :cry: )
Hi I'm going to Cala Bona begining of Oct, if you want me to have a look at any hotels around the area for you I'd be happy to, just let me know which ones.
I haven't been to Cala Bona before but I have been to Santa Ponsa, we looked at staying in Sa Coma and Calla Millor but Cala Bona seems to be more what we are looking for.
I have to say I agree with the above post about the AI killing the local bars and restuarants so prefer to go to a more authentic type resort and support the locals in these tough times rather than helping Thompson/Thomas Cook etc rip the heart out of everywhere.
Hiya

thanks for the info been alcudia loved it. been magaluf and cala dor which was the favourite so far..but with 2 13 yr old girls in tow they want somewhere near a waterpark and apart from western waterpark i think the only other is aqualand near palma..just fancied a change with th resort but i think 2hrs is a bit too far to go. might have a mooch and see what else i can find. We went all inc for the first time in yrs and i have to say it was easier with the girls but i do prefer to go out and about at night.
Hi, from the people I've spoken to on holiday in Sa Coma, The one place that receives no criticism is the Paraiso apartments, which do all inc. half board or self catering. There is a waterpark in the resort run by the Protur chain of hotels and is great for children. The beach is one of the best on the island . There are other places with bouncy castles, pool tables etc-
Hi there.
I go to Sa Coma most years. I love the place. I,ve stayed at The Paraiso appartments self catering. They are lovely but smaller than other hotels I have stayed in. Staying at the Coma Gran next year whch never has any bad reviews and people go back year after year, Sa Coma,s fantastic. You can go into Sillot, which is nearby, Cala Millor and Cala Bona. So lots of placestof vsit. Sa Coma and Palma Nova are my 2 favourite holiday places.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.