General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Re: Sanji
259 Posts
:( was in shower and got missed call from Sanji. Rung her straight back. She had another bad night of cramps and terrible heartburn. Big Chief has just been and went through all her notes and said he didn't know what to do with her. Sanji said that they had to make a decision as she's been there two weeks now and apart from vomiting stopping she's no further forward. He deliberated over notes again for about 4 minutes..then said 'let's do it!'. :yikes

So...tonight darling Sanji is going down for major surgery.

She'd eaten a bit of breakfast as she was unsure the stomach cramps were because of the condition or because she was hungry so now has to wait 6 hours nil by mouth. Unless there is an emergency coming in it will be Big Chief doing the op...otherwise it will be done tomorrow (I think that's what she said as I was shocked at hearing this) by his second in command.

Obviously Sanji is scared. She KNOWS the implicatiions of the surgery...she knows that she may end up with stoma ..or temporary stoma....she knows that although this might be a 'fix' it may happen again elsewhere in intestine. She knew that with all the inflammation she has IF they had tried to do the camera jobbie NOW there was risk of it perforating her bowel.

I've read her out your replies on here and got a chuckle out of her Rennie when I told her what I'd put in my reply last night in response to your post ;)

Dave is obviously as shell shocked as Sanji is - as obviously he was expecting her home. I'm going to ring Dave in the morning and will get straight on here to let you know how it's all gone.

PLEASE keep Sanji in your thoughts today and POSITVE vibes please everyone! xxxx
Been on the phone to Sanji and read your message out Pam and she filled up.

As you say she's very scared, and vulnerable. I filled up too when I had to say tara.

She's having problems getting in touch with me as her smart phone baffles her and she had my old number stored. She now has new number but is struggling to access it on her 'all singing all dancing' phone.

Hopefully she'll go down tonight as the waiting is upsetting for her xxx
Aww no, poor Sanji, this is terrible. I hope the surgery is over quickly and she recovers asap.
Poor Sanji. My friend has Crohns and had surgery in June after various other treatments failed but it has made such a difference to her life. I hope Sanji's recovery is quick.
Poor Sanji. My thoughts and prayers are with her at this time and I do hope she gets the op this evening so she doesn't have to go through another night of pain and anxiety. It was encouraging to see Elaine's positive post regarding how successful her friend's surgery had been and I pray that Sanji's may work out as well. She will naturally be scared just now, but all being well by tomorrow she will be able to put it behind her and just get on with making a speedy recovery. I'm sending lots of positive vibes her way and hope that we will all have some good news soon.
Oh dear this is sad news, but am keeping her in my thoughts and am sending the positive vibes that you mention. It comes to a point where you just have to trust the Medics to do the their best for folk. Here's wishing it all goes well tonight. Thank you for keeping us informed Ladies, I'm sure she really appreciates you both for doing this. Sending you :kiss and sending them to Sanji as well :kiss

Doe
Oh dear poor sanji.
I do hope the op goes well for her, and makes her feel a lot better :gluck
I hope she's had the op and is on the road to recovery.

I had to spend 1 night in hospital recently, for the first time ever.

I can't imagine spending over a fortnight in there!
I hated it.

Best wishes Sanji, I hope you're home and well soon.
I've only just found this thread - we've had visitors from Oz staying with us for the last week and we're just starting to get back to normality as well as having a rest...

So sorry to hear about Sanji, she's generally in the new posts thread at least once a day but being away I hadn't realised I'd missed them.

Please pass on my best wishes and although I'm sorry to hear she has to have the surgery it sounds like there was nothing else to be done. I used to work with a guy in UK who had Crohns disease and I know he went through a lot of pain before they operated too.
I spoke to Dave this morning and he said it was ok to give Sanji a ring.

She's got through the operation ok :tup . Went down at 20 to 7 last night, spent some time in Recovery due to trying to stabilise her breathing, but I think it was 9 this morning that she was back on the ward. She's still very very groggy.

Dave is going in this afternoon and I told her I will ring back and speak to her this evening.
I'm so pleased the operation is over. Do give her my love and all good wishes for a very speedy recovery.
Best wishes Sanji , and get well soon , from one cat lover to another cat lover :thanks
Thoughts and prayers with Sanji

Linda
great news all went well hope now for a speedy recovery
;) got no answer and phone went into voicemail when I've just tried to ring Sanji. ...(knowing her she's probably out clubbing :rofl )....but seriously, I rung Dave instead.

He said she's been sitting up in chair, not in much pain (obviously from the wound there is pain) but pleased it's over. Big Chief came round to see her this morning and pleased with way it all went.

Dave took her downstairs so she could get onto internet for a bit but she is obviously VERY VERY tired. It's 15 days now she's been in. She's eaten a little food too.

I'll give her ring in morning and report back here ;)
Sanji's just rang she's obviously still sore & is anxiously waiting for the tea trolley to come round :cheers

The staff have been marvellous and she hasn't a bad word to say about the care she's receiving :tup

She said to say she's grateful for all your kind thoughts and best wishes & for you not to worry as there's no need for a collection for the florists just yet :rofl
Thanks to you both for keeping us updated with all the positive news
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.