General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Re: Sanji
259 Posts
:que I've tried ringing two or three times this morning...first at 9'ish.....last time near 12'ish but no answer. I don't want to ring now because Dave will be there. I will try a bit later ....if not I will ring Dave this evening. xx
Still hadn't been able to get through to our Sanji - so I've just rung Dave.

Poorly today, in pain especially this morning, delirious and on morphine...however doctors not concerned and sort of par for the course. She's not wanted to eat anything but on saline drip.

Only to be expected really isn't it , what with major surgery. :(

Poor Sanji...must admit I was getting a bit !! when I couldn't get hold of her and hoped she hadn't had to go back to surgery...PHEW!!!

I'll ring her tomorrow. xx :tup
Of course it's early days yet and may indeed be par for the course, but it doesn't make it any easier for the poor love. I'm glad that the doctors don't seem concerned though and hope they will be able to control the pain. If they can help her to get a good night's sleep it will no doubt do her a power of good.
Dave thinks she may have overdone it yesterday. She didn't get back on the ward until 9 in the morning and obviously was still pumped with pain killers and they've had time to wear off a bit now. As long as they can keep the pain under control - that's the main thing bless her. xxx
;) Just had a lovely surprise phone call from Sanji!!! :tup

She had a really terrible night with the pain. They had initially been talking about keyhole surgery...but she's had open surgery with a scar going straight down from her belly button :(

Her bloody pressure is quite low and while we were talking she's been told that she has to drink more.

She's still very whoozie but hopefully when they get the morphine regulated she'll start to feel a bit better. She said she's been 'out of it' for most of the day, poor Sanji :(

I said I'll give her a ring about 10'ish in the morning xxxx
Even with minor surgery it takes quite a long time for the effect of the anaesthetic to leave the body so it's natural she still feels woozy poor love. I just hope she manages to get a good night's sleep as I'm sure that will make a big difference.
It's Friday evening now...and, typical Sanji, she said she don't think she'll be out 'this side of Sunday' :yikes xx
I've had the same in incision as Sanji and it takes a long while to settle down. You can't laugh, cough without discomfort as anything using your stomach muscles is painful, even pulling yourself up the bed. Which of course is understandable due to being cut, opened up and your insides being pulled around.

Each day should get a little easier but it's small steps. She's done remarkably well so far :tup
;) Got hold of her this morning about 11. I said the same Glynis ..about having her insides pulled about etc. She's had another bad night - pain is excruciating :(

Had a little bit of soup and bit of yoghurt yesterday but that's all. She's sensitive to the morphine which is what is making her blood pressure drop too.
Poor bugger, send her my best wishes......

I said "booger" or a word to that effect ;)
She's certainly going through it poor love. Please send her rmy love.
Betty Boop wrote:
It's Friday evening now...and, typical Sanji, she said she don't think she'll be out 'this side of Sunday' :yikes xx

It's virtually impossible to get discharged from hospital on a Saturday or a Sunday (unless you discharge yourself) as you need a consultant to discharge you and most only work mon to fri, so I guess she's right. Must be awful for her being in all that pain, but hopefully as the days pass it will get better, she has had a major operation so her body has sadly been through it :( . Thanks for keeping us posted Ladies.
I've messaged Pam to say I won't phone Sanji at the moment as I don't want to disturb her too much so if just Pam rings then its just the one call. When Sanji's feeling more comfortable I'm sure she'll call me of a chat.

Thanks Pam :kiss
;) :kiss thanks Glynis

I keep calls short and let her know we're all thinking about her and wishing her speedy recovery. If I'm near the pc I read out your replies ...so keep 'em coming folk! :tup xxx
Thanks Pam. I'm sure Sanji knows we're all thinking of her and wishing her well but it's good to remind her. I sent her an e-mail when I first heard but I certainly didn't expect her to reply. She's simply got to concentrate on getting better. If the docs can manage to keep her out of pain and she can get some undisturbed sleep I'm sure the rest will follow. :tup
Sorry folks I didn't get on pc yesterday as was xmas shopping in Cambridge all day. I did ring Sanji about 7 last night...yet another bad night Saturday ... she managed to get some help having a shower yesterday afternoon but the pain in her right side is excruciating still. Still not really eaten...mouthful of toast...three spoons of cornflakes - don't feel hungry at all.

Ok...so we're now onto Monday morning. I managed to get through just now and still exactly the same poor thing! At 4 this morning she asked for more morphine - never known pain like it. Consequently she's now drugged up to eyeballs :cry Big Boss came around this morning and I THINK she said that she has cellulitis. He was most insistent that she goes for a CT scan ASAP...like NOW... as they think she may be leaking internally - which - :duh would mean more surgery.

I'm ringing her about 4 this afternoon and will update you all then. :(
:( should've come to get her for CT scan at 4.20...but no one's been yet!

I'll give her ring in morning. :duh
Thanks Pam :tup I did speak to her yesterday as couldn't stop thinking about her but it must have been earlier than you as she was still waiting for shower. She mentioned the pain in her right hand side then, but we thought it might be trapped wind. I hope it's nothing too serious, poor lass has been through enough :(
Oh dear! I hope she's ok.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.