Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
water depth
8 Posts
one good thing about naama bay is you can walk into the sea....there are a few jettys but you dont need to use these.

you do need to swim out to the coral to see the good fish....but its so easy to float...and as its a bay there is hardly any current.

it is deep out there but very clear and you can easily see the bottom.
Thanks for your help medot its just that i'm not a strong swimmer and i did not fancy walking 10 paces and finding the water over my head ;)
regards
Mel
(1 week to go)
Hi

It is shallow for a good distance out in to the sea but do be very careful as it does drop off almost vertically at the edge of the coral and you will then be over very deep open water.
It is well worth trying out snorkeling as the fish and coral are amazing with fantastic colours.

Have a great time :tup
Graham
melthemag.....dont worry i am a hopeless swimmer and when i first went to sharm i was very frightened to go into the water.

i made the mistake of getting into the water from our hotels jetty....using this i was out of my depth as soon as i got in the water. lets face it as soon as you cant put your feet on the floor you are out of your depth!

i then found it easier to get into the water from the waters edge....it meant swimming a bit more but it did mean that by the time i was out of my depth my confidence had built up a bit.

i would say its very very easy to "float" in the bay....warm salty water helps. there is little current and you really just float about....we ended up spending a good 2 hours at a time in the water.

if you do need to built up a bit of confidence and cant face swimming out the first time i would say...stay near the jetty....you'll be surprised the number of biggish fish that go under them. we saw a lion fish and a blue spotted ray just sitting under them!!
thanks all i am really looking forward to it roll on thursday :)
MEL
Hi Mel :wave:

I would highly recommend that you use a mask and snorkel, if you haven't used one before it takes just a few minutes to get used to it but it then makes swimming so much easier (especially if you also use flippers) and you will be able to enjoy the amazing under water view so much more.

Have a great time
Graham
Hi Graham,
Thanks I will, I used them in Thailand and found it gives you more confidence in the water, thanks to everyone on the site :cheers for the info it helps put your mind at rest.
regards
Mel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.