Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
A big tip is don't bother with all inclusive in Turkey.

Cheap enough to eat out and also drink out.

John
I think you really need to decide on which of the two resorts would suit you better. As Olu Deniz is a lot smaller than Marmaris and the resorts probably give you a different type of holiday.

If you plump for Olu Deniz as well as the hotel you mention there are 3 other AI's right down by the beach. They are the Belcekic Beach Hotel, the Olu Deniz Resort Hotel and Club Sun City.

The first two of these particularly have excellent reports. HT has hotel reviews and resort reports as well. You just click on the appropriate boxes at the top of the page.

Hope you get something suitable.

Doe :)
hi

i agree with chris there is a big difference between marmaris and olu, i prefer olu as its prettier not so busy with less hassle, i like marmaris out of season. so you need to decide whether you want marmaris busy night life, loads of bars,shops,restaurants but not a very good beach or olu that is more scenic and has a lovely lagoon area which is absolutley stunning.

as for the all inclusive thats your choice, i do both and enjoy both and i think all inclusives are good if you have children with you, they do work out a fair amount cheaper and when ive gone on all inclusives with the family the difference for 2 weeks has only been around £300 and theres no way even with turkey being cheaper than the uk <but> could you feed a family for 2 weeks including drinks for £300, so it really depends on your circumstances and only you can make that decision. read up on the resorts first
I still prefer to go AI as you are basically paying for all your food and drinks up front and it saves taking extra money for both.

I recently looked at AI in Olu Deniz and was given the following costs (All for 5th June leaving Edinburgh):
Tropicano £267
Dorian £259 (Extra £15 pp for a guaranteed Top Floor in the new block with Jacuzzi)
Alize £359
Sun City £389

All fantastic prices but we went for the Dorian as it is only a short week long break for my Wife and I and the new complex (rooms and swimming pool) is new this season. They have announced recently that they are going AI from this season too.
I have just been pricing some hotels in Side for May.I dont really want to go AI but for a 5* AI the price is only £126 more than a 3*HB for 2 weeks..Thats only £9 a day.It would cost more than that for lunch and a few Effes!
the reason why its an all inclusive is that the i have got really good prices only £550 for both of us for a week all inclusive with first choice on the 9th of may think im going to go with 1 of the 1s in mamaris we can have the hustle and bustle then if we want it thanks anyway
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.