29 independent reviews of the Castle Harbour Apartments
Address: Av de San Francisco, 12, 38650 Arona, Spain
Castle Harbour Apartments
Castle Harbour Apartments Location
Ranked #23 of 24 hotels in Los Cristianos

Castle Harbour Apartments Castle Harbour Apartments is rated 3.14 out of 5 from 29 Reviews

Castle Harbour Apartments Reviews

"Just OK"
Paul Hyde stayed at Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel in July 2013
Apartment was adequate but nothing special to be honest, my main gripe was that it was not clean, I have never ever had to buy cleaning materials and bleach ever when staying in an apartment. I did complain on several occasions, also they do not clean on a daily basis only every 3 days. My other main gripe was that you had to paid 2 euros per day per person for a sunbed by the pool, they say that its because its the best pool in the area, believe me it isnt. Would not return or recommend to stay here

Recommended: No

"Clean and peaceful"
Mel & Tony Truswell had a holiday at Castle Harbour Apartments, Los Cristianos in January 2013
We have stayed here for 4 years and have booked again for next year we have different apartments every year but there always clean and have all our needs. We stay for 10 days and we have our towels and apartment cleaned 3 times.

The pool is warm and staff cannot do enough for you. If you want a restful and relaxing holiday you canít go wrong. Not too many children in the winter time. Had a meal at night in restaurant and it was lovely and plenty of it.

"Fantastic apartments, friendly staff"
Darren had a holiday at Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel in September 2011
Myself and my 10 year old son have just returned from the Castle Harbour Apartments, we were self catering, but the bar/restaurant was better than good value for money.

Tenerife clings to the side off a volcano, so I always expect a steep hill, so I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the average one in ten incline from the town and beach, even my 10 year old did not complain,in all honesty its a ten minute walk, but only a couple to a string of shops and places to eat, with a small super market 20 metres from the pool exit.

The staff were exactly what you hope to expect on a holiday with our room being cleaned twice in the week we were there, the real gem is the whole complex is run and owned by individual, manly ...
British owners, and these guys so want to make your stay as cheap and enjoyable as possible, get chatting to them. We were slightly out of season but still pool and bar events were going on.
What else can I say, going back there at Easter.

As I said above, all apartments are privately owned and vary in standard, we had one of the worst there was told that by some owners we met. It was definitely three star, I have stayed in five star in the past, and if you lucky-er than us you may end up in a easy 4 star place at castle harbour.

"Food is good"
melita visited the Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel, Los Cristianos, Spain in January 2011
We were staying at the Castle Harbour Apartments. We were in a studio apartment looking over the pool. Was very clean, had our sheets changed 3 times and the towels changed 5 times and we were only there for 10 days.

The food in the restaurant is pretty good and reasonable prices.

It does have a small hill but its not too bad. The staff were friendly and always cheerful and there was always a lifegaurd on.

There is no enterainment but they do have a quiz night.

Rosie Horsfield visited the Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel, Los Cristianos in April 2009
We stayed at Castle Harbour for the first week of the Easter Holidays. It was a superb holiday and we shall definately be returning.

We stayed in apartment 846 which was spotlessly clean; there was a brand new oven and all the home comforts you would expect. The tv had all English channels and the owner kindly had a selection of books that you are able to borrow.

We had two bathrooms which was excellent; we were in a duplex apartment so there was an upstairs too. The beds were comfy and there was loads of hanging space for clothes- fantastic.

We will definitely go back- we will try and get this apartment again.

Tour Operator: Travel Republic

colin stayed at Castle Harbour Apartments, Los Cristianos, Spain in April 2009
stayed at room 626.lovely 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment with all mod cons new bathrooms and kitchen.
apartment very clean good views over the harbour.swimming pool very nice good size plenty of room around pool.plenty of new bars very close and reasaurants.hotel staff very helpful at reception

Tour Operator: thompson

bowen / haines had a holiday at Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel in January 2009
the hill which this hotel is on is very steep ,the hotel looks tired and dated, our room 862 was dirty and drab,the cooker only had 1 out of 2 rings working, no oven,,microwave was clean though,,& so was the fridge,,dodgy wires on the kettle,,the bottom base had been at sum time melted exposing wires,,,lamp shade had melted to bulbs ,,,top bedding disgusting,,,blankets in wardrobe dirty,,could only have a shower because it did not turn to bath,,no lever,,towels& bedding needed a good boil,,,,food was good at the poolside bar,+ staff were very friendly,,, pool was good,,, we did not bother to complain about the room as we did not spend any real time in it,,plus there,s a notice saying inside this room is privately owned + to take any complaints with owners or tour operator.i would not stay here again,,,nor would i recommend it,,

Tour Operator: thomsons

Heather visited the Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel, Los Cristianos, Spain in October 2008
We had three goes at getting a reasonable apartment, in the end we settled for the best of the three. Towels only changed once, which was not very good as at least one towell that we had originally wasnt clean when we got it! Apartment only cleaned once.

Tour Operator: Low Cost Beds

Michael Deakin stayed at Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel, Los Cristianos in August 2008
Castle harbour was simply brilliant. The pool was big, which was needed as there are about 700 apartments within the complex (don\'t worry, they didn\'t all go at once). Around the side of the pool was slippy and i fell over badly one time, but this is to be expected next to a swimming pool, so common sense will be needed.
Also by the pool was plenty of space for sunbathing, they also had an area slightly further from the pool side for those who wanted some extra peace. Sunbeds cost 2euros to hire for the day.
There is a small sports bar by the pool aswell, which caters good food and has a good variety of sport on big screen TV\'s everyday.
We did leave the apartment, but that was because Los cristianos has so much to offer for everyone, (just down ...
the road is a bar called \"Shakespeare\'s\" where you can go for great Karaoke and friendly English people as well as good food).
The room we stopped in was a private apartment owned by Clive Cooper (www.tenerife-sun.co.uk for good deals). It was close to the pool and being on the first floor, not the ground floor, we were on the same level as the pool and sunbathing area. The apartment was clean and spacious and can easily hold a family of four in comfort.
If i do go back to castle harbour (which i would\'nt be surprised if we did) then apartment 238 will definately be in consideration.
In conclusion, castle harbour is a great getaway for families as well as couples with friendly staff and great scenery to ensure your stay is as relaxing and as enjoyable as possible.

Tour Operator: Air Malta

walker had a holiday at Castle Harbour Apartments, Los Cristianos in January 2008
We stayed in apartment 962 castle Harbour which had fantastic views over Los Cristianos and although the balcony wasnt massive it was a great place to soak up the sun late in the day.
The apartment had two bathrooms both were very clean and tidy and the downstairs shower had recently been redecorated. The kitchen was like home from home fridge, freezer, oven and hob and even a washing machine. The TV had British stations and there was even a DVD player and DVDs to use!

Great pool also - definitely recommend. When I go back I will ask for this apartment again!

Tour Operator: hotels4u

D Rouse visited the Castle Harbour Apartments, Los Cristianos, Spain in June 2007
The flat was clean on arrival, good sized balcony and good view of the pool. The staff were fine, helpful enough and the pool area was always cleaned every night.
Location is up a hill, but that means its pretty quiet at night, and thank god there\'s no entertainment. There\'s plenty in Los Christianos town if you want that in your holiday!
Altogether a decent complex.

Tour Operator: none

Julie Slaughter had a holiday at Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel, Los Cristianos, Spain in March 2007
We only stayed one night (we had booked for 7), due to the conditions.

We rented a 2 bed-roomed apartment, taking my partner\'s parents as it was his mother\'s 60th birthday.

The accommodation was on the ground floor, the door covered in locks which was an ominous sign. The smell of stale smoke hit you as you walked in. Despite opening doors and windows and using air freshener the smell did not fade. In fact all of our clothes in the wardrobes smelt of it - we had to air the lot - despite them only being in there for 14 hours!

The apartment was dirty - the fridge and freezer had mould growing in them, doors were covered in black marks, and the front door was dented on the inside - perhaps someone was fighting to get out!

The view ...
from the front was of a wall and was overlooked by the bar. Also everyone who passed by looked straight in - it was so dark we had to have the light on during the day. You could see the sky if you went over to the corner of the patio and leant over the wall! The view from the back bedroom was the corridor.

The noise of banging doors kept waking me up during night, and I am usually a heavy sleeper.

Although we had no problem with staff attitude, we noticed one of the reception staff being quite arrogant with another group, which was totally unjustified.

It would be interesting to see the results of a health and safety inspection.

Tour Operator: Freedom Direct

steve groocock stayed at Castle Harbour Apartments in November 2006
My family and I have now stayed at Castle Harbour twice, the hotel and area are one of the best places we have been. The reception staff are all very helpful and most speak very good english. The room was very clean and tidy. Staff at the poolside bar couldnt have been more helpful.

It was a nice walk into Los Cristianos or Las Americas but the thought of walking back up the hill filled us with dread, the taxis only cost between 4 and 5 euros with a tip included.

It is so nice in the are we have considered moving out there.

Tour Operator: monarch

Darren stayed at Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel, Los Cristianos in August 2006
We arrived at the airport hoping for a good holiday but I was a bit nervous about getting a taxi at 4am. Happily there wasn\'t a problem at all. There were plenty of taxi\'s and they all spoke English. The taxi isn\'t far from Castle Harbour and it cost us 20 euro\'s.

The studio apartment was on the 2nd floor, which due to the steps was actually right on level with the pool. The apartment was tidy and really nice, with a big fan to keep us cool.

The complex was lovely with a bar by the pool which served food/snacks and drinks at reasonable prices. During the evening it doubled into a restaurant with entertainment.

The only complaint I have is that the towels were only changed once during our 7 day stay.

The TV had BBC1/2 and ITV1 along with ...
Sky 1, Sky News and Sky Sports1, which was handy.

To get a lounger you have to be by the pool by 10am otherwise you may struggle.

Tour Operator: Holiday Index

Angela had a holiday at Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel in August 2006
I stayed here with my two children, aged 12 and 10, for three weeks and overall it was superb.

The pool area is lovely, as is the poolside bar, (although I didn\'t rate the food much there), and the whole complex is generally very clean.

As much as everyone complains about the 2 euros per. day for a sunbed you have to understand that this money pays for the services of a full time lifeguard. I found this to be a great help knowing that I didn\'t have to keep watch over the kids all day long.

I rented a studio apartment I\'d found online at very short notice. It certainly was adequate, (and amazingly cheap!) but I would, perhaps, go for something bigger next time.

My kids and I are pretty fit but even we weren\'t up to walking ...
back from Los Cristianos up that damned hill.
A taxi was only 3 euros so it didn\'t break the bank.

The little supermarket opposite Castle Harbour is as reasonable as all others and actually cheaper than Netto so don\'t go buying things from farther afield and have to lug them all the way back !

The best aspect for me about Castle Harbour was that the guests were all really nice decent people and the poolside bar closed quite early, (about 11.30 p.m.), which meant there were no rowdy drunks around the place.

We really loved our holiday there and are seriously thinking of spending the whole of the school holidays there next summer.

Tour Operator: private booking

Kate neary stayed at Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel in June 2006
I have been to Castle Harbour many many times and am going back in Oct with my husband and my in laws and I cannot complain with the hotel.

It has a lovely pool, recently made heated(as was a bit chilly before) sun loungers are 2 euros a day but I have never seen an advert for Castle Harbour without this being advertised.

Its location is beautiful you have the back drop of the mountains and also views of the sea in the other direction.

Caste Harbour has enough amenities near by for all your needs a supermarket restaurants and entertainment bars offering karaoke quizzes etc.

The quality of the apartments I'm sure do vary dependent upon who you book it with, we always book privately so the apartments are always lovely with a real homely touch to them.

I would say Castle ...
Harbour is probably not ideal for youngsters wanting an 18-30 atmosphere because the hotel is a very relaxed laid back hotel.

Tour Operator: private booking

Emma visited the Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel, Los Cristianos in March 2006
I have stayed at Castle Harbour on numerous occasions and always found it to be superb. This occasion was no different. We had done a private rent on a two bedroom apartment but were upgraded on arrival to a 3 bedroon duplex with two bathrooms.
Lovely south facing balcony and fully equipped kitchen.

The staff are always friendly and on duty 24hr. Never a problem getting back in after a night out. Great supermarket across road at back of complex.Pool area clean and tidy. Lovely deep pool for swimming.

Took some frinds with me this time that have not stayed there before and all were very impressed. Location is up a steep hill but it is a good walk or a cheap taxi. Choice is yours.

Would go back again tomorrow if I could.

Tour Operator: independant

Mrs E had a holiday at Castle Harbour Apartments, Los Cristianos, Spain in February 2006
We stayed one night at Castle Harbour before moving on to a friends villa, which had been preplanned.We arrived at approx 7pm to discover they had no knowledge of our booking. They eventually gave us an apartment which was ok apart from the defrosting stinking fridge , no hot water in the showers and no bed linen or pillows for the sofa bed.The utensils for cooking were not very clean either. I think I would have been very cross had I stayed here for the week but as it was for one night we survived .

Tour Operator: Independent

r.Robinson visited the Castle Harbour Apartments Hotel, Los Cristianos, Spain in January 2006
The apartment we stayed in was not well maintained and poorly equipped. The beds were hard and pillows horrible. The bathroom was awful, shower/bath taps ancient.

The bar/restaurant was good, friendly and efficient

Tour Operator: Broadway travel

Brownhill 40,36,15,7 and 8 mths stayed at Castle Harbour Apartments in July 2005
After getting myself into a complete panic about the reviews I read regarding Castle Harbour, I\'m glad to say that on arriving at the Apartments I needn't have worried at all.

The staff on reception were very friendly, the location was quiet although they were finishing buliding a new appartment block next door, we did get a little noise but nothing unbearable.

The apartment its self was very clean and we had plenty of room with 2 bedrooms one en suite and a seperate shower room, the sheets and towels were also changed once a week, and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.

We had an iron and ironing board as well.

The walk to los Cristianos was a good 15 min walk down hill not steep though as some reports have said, and coming home, if you ...
dont want to walk (we did with a pushchair so its not that steep) the taxi rank is at the bottom of the hill and only 3 euros.

The pool side bar was the best we have seen and they showed daily sports and news events.

As for the pool it was beautiful and very very clean, you can hire sunbeds at 2 euros each but its a small price to pay, there is also a life guard on duty every day.

Entertainment for children was quite good they had various swimming competions, pool comps, colouring and even had a kids party each thurs costing 5 euros, which my daughter went to twice.

And finally there are over 50 apartments lived in by English people so if its good enough to live in its def good enough for a holiday, all in all we had a fantastic time at Castle Harbour and would go again.

Tour Operator: Travel Gems/Tele Ticket