Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
z.j.c,

You'll find aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide. Flights are operated by their Airbus A330-200's. As these were early build airframes, they have quite a basic configuration as things like seat back IFE weren't options then. The premium cabin has since been upgraded however. Seat pitch is a little tight at 30" compared to 33" in economy on the other charter airlines. It's no different to what TCX/TOM/FCA offered prior to increasing seat pitch a few years ago. It's not that it's bad, but given the competition, they've been left behind. Inflight services are the same as the other operators.

Darren
Hello Dazbo,
Thanks for the info I thought it would be the A330. Suppose it will be better than Thomson's mess up with my flights last year!
Im sure I can cope 10 hours without seat back knowing im off back to Cancun.
Thanks
Zack
Hi we are flying to Corfu 24th May, can you tell what aircraft we will be on. Also is it seat allocated at check in. Thanks
Hi

Im travelling this sunday (7th) from LGW to Male on a MON flight number.
:)
Do you know how much it costs to upgrade from Economy to premium economy. Our travel agent doesnt have any allocation left, so we were planning to ask at airport?

Also is inflight entertainment shown on a screen above the isle and are soft drinks complimentary throughout the flight or only at meal times! Need to know how much water to take on board as dont want to get dehydrated- 10 hrs is a long time!

i cant seem to find any of this info on the Monarch website....

Many thanks in advance for your help

Rhianna
Does anyone know the new IFE lisitings for March 2010? thanks
RJP
Details of premium service here
http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/seating/premium-cabin-information
Upgrade, if they have a premium cabin on that flight, can usually only be booked through your tour operator. Have you rung them direct? Allocation of premium seats isn't usually something a travel agent has anything to do with.
Lipgloss Lady,

You will have to provide some more details so that we can access information like that.

Departure Airport
Flight Number

Gower
Gower,
Sorry about that our flight No. is MON7908 flighing out of Gatwick to Corfu at 6.25am on the 24th May 2010. Thank you
Lipgloss Lady
I have had my Monarch Manchester to Faro flight changed for my departure 27 August 2010.
I had booked flight ZB594 departing Manchester at 1540 on 27 August 2010. I have been notified that this flight is now not operating and I have now been shunted onto flight number ZB580 departing Manchester at 0725 on 27 August 2010.
Monarch are saying that this is a minor change so I have no alternative but to accept the new arrangements. However, as I see it, my original flight has been withdrawn and the alternative flight offered has a different flight code, and so to me this is not a minor change but a move to a totally different flight.
I first suspected this might happen in December when flight ZB594 disappeared from the Monarch timetable, but enquiries with Travelrepublic (with whom I booked the flight) and Avro both came back to me with Monarch assuring them that the flight was still scheduled to operate.
Are Monarch right in saying that this is a minor change, because if it is then I am going to have to cancel my flights and lose alot of money. The 0725 departure from Manchester is not an option for me. :(
I have just got back from my trip to Calgary with Monarch and both flights were OK. The planes (A330-200) were clean and well presented, however the IFE was slightly lacking with just small screens down the centre section of the plane making it difficult to view if you are on the sides. I would recommend extra legroom seats rows 37-40 AB/JK if you are travelling as 2 as they are 2 on their own and the aisle is slightly wider so you are not disturbed by pax and trolleys passing. The crew were efficient but a little surly and only seen when serving drinks and food otherwise they hid in the galley at the rear. The food was ok but I would stock up on snacks and bottled water. I would fly with Monarch again at the right price but would not choose them above Thomson.
that would normally be considered a minor change as it is within the same 24hr period
March/April 2010 IFE

MAIN SCREEN OUTBOUND

INVENTION OF LYING (Edited)

Showing time: 99 minutes
Romantic Comedy starring: Ricky Gervais, Jennifer Garner, Jonah Hill

**FANTASTIC MR FOX

Showing time: 87 minutes
Action/Adventure/Animation starring Voices of: George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Bill Murray

THE BLIND SIDE (Edited) - (A330 Only)

Showing time: 125 minutes
Drama starring: Sandra Bullock, Kathy Bates, Tin McGraw

MAIN SCREEN INBOUND

WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE (Edited)

Showing time: 101 minutes
Children/Family starring: Max Records, Mark Ruffalo, Catherine Keener

**ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS: THE SQUEAKQUEL

Showing time: 89 minutes
Comedy/Family starring: Anna Faris, Justin Long, Christina Applegate

OLD DOGS (A330 Only)

Showing time: 89 minutes
Comedy starring: John Travolta, Robin Williams, Kelly Preston

PREMIUM CABIN OUTBOUND

AMELIA (Edited) (Action Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 105 minutes

Biography/Drama starring Ewan McGregor, Hilary Swank, Richard Gere

TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON (Edited) (Light Entertainment Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 130 minutes

Drama/Romance/Fantasy starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner

PUBLIC ENEMIES (Drama Channel)

Showing time: Approx.140 minutes.

Crime/Drama starring Johnny Depp, Rory Cochrane, Stephen Dorff

**G-FORCE (Childrens Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 90 minutes

Adventure starring Bill Nighy, Will Arnett, Kelli Garner

PREMIUM CABIN INBOUND

LAW ABIDING CITIZEN (Edited) (Action Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 108 mins

Thriller/Drama starring Gerard Butler, Michael Gambon, Jamie Foxx

EVERYBODY'S FINE (Edited) (Light Entertainment Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 100 minutes

Drama starring Robert De Niro, Drew Barrymore, Kate Beckinsdale

MICHAEL JACKSON - THIS IS IT(Drama Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 112 minutes

Musical/ Docu-drama starring Michael Jackson

**ICE AGE 3 (Children's Channel)

Showing time: Approx. 93 minutes

Animated adventure starring voices of Ray Romano, John Leguziamo, Denis leary
z.j.c wrote:
Hello,

I believe it will be the Airbus A330 aircraft so whats it like on board?
Does anyone have any reviews I could take a look at or photos?

Zack

Here are some cabin photos of Monarch's A330:

A330 Standard Cabin 1
A330 Standard Cabin 2
A330 Standard Cabin 3
A330 Standard Cabin 4

A330 Premium Cabin 1
A330 Premium Cabin 2
A330 Premium Cabin 3

If you have any further questions then please feel free to ask.
Hi Partyboy,
Do you have any cabin shots of the A320/321?
Will be flying these a/c to and from Palma in June.
Cheers
Alan
Thanks Andy,
Was wondering what the cabin is like.
Cheers
Alan
Hi Can anyone tell me what aircraft I am on??
FLying out of Luton to Arrecife on 8th May, FLight number ZB74

thanks!
Alexislee,

Your flight will be on an A320-200. Visit Dazbo's What Aircraft Guide for more information.
Hi
Can you tell me which aircraft we will be flying on MON7908 Gatwick to corfu 24th May. Thanks a lot
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.