General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
trasjohno,

There shouldn't be a problem with the new address.

Darren
I read or heard somewhere that the passport fees were due to increase in March 2010 - again. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I have done some searches but cant find anything.

Sarah :)
What were you using for the search? The IPS link on the previous page would have saved time, the fees were increased in September last year and there have been no announcements since.
Thanks Steve. I went on the IPS website and used google and didnt find anything. I just wanted to put my mind at rest that ive got another month to get the renewal done.

Cheers :cheers
Hi does anyone know how much it is to renew an adult passport please?

thanks

emma
Passport renewal £77.50

Sent one away for renewal on the 18th March it arrived today. congratulations to the passport office :D
My 5 year old grandson is going to Majorca end of August and his passport expires mid January 2011, as there will be less than 6 months remaining on it will he still be okay to travel using it. Thanks
depends on the tour operator and airline, although when traveling within the EU your passport only needs to be valid for the trip, but the T.O or Airline may [and often do] impose a longer period [usually 6 months], apply now any unused time [up to 9 months] unexpired on the old passport will be added to the new one
Hi all, :wave:

I sent off for a renewal of an adults passport 11 days ago. Today i rang the passport office to check to see if they had received the application and was told that it has been approved and is being printed today.

It may be me being dim but i just wondered if it can still be rejected at the printing stage? we were slightly concerned about the photos she had done at Jessops as to me it looked like they had cut them wonkey and to the exact measurements specified (which it says not to do in the booklet) The last time i sent off for a passport renewal (daughters) the photos were returned 2 times before they finally accepted some. :duh

I won't be happy until i have the passport in my hand.
poppie123,

I should imagine once it gets to the printing stage, all the necassay background checks and formalities have been concluded and it's been approved for dispatch.

Darren
Advice please - travelling to Tenerife June 2010 flying with Ryanair. Husband's passport expires August 2010. Will he need to renew before travelling in June? Does Tenerife just follow Spain rules although Canary Islands are not EU?
HelenV,

Entry requirements are listed on the FCO website.

Darren
I'm pleased to say that the passport arrived via courier on Tuesday morning (4th May)
It took 13 days in total and considering the payment was by cheque i think that is pretty good going. Well done the passport office! :tup
I'm due to fly to Turkey on the 30th of this month and have noticed my passport expires on 14th February 2011. I know you have to have at least 6 months validity to go out there but does anybody know how long I need to have left on my passport to exit the country if any. Thanks.
Mdollar,

It should be a minimum of 6 months on the day of your inbound flight. If it's tight, it's best to renew your passport before you go. Now is a good time before the summer rush. You should have it back in about a week. Any time left on your passport will be added to your new passport so you aren't losing out. You don't need to worry about it then.

Darren
Thanks for your quick reply Darren, so does that mean my passport is ok at the moment then to travel to Turkey in 2 weeks time on the 30th May and return on the 7th June if my passport expires on 14th February 2011? cheers
Mdollar,

Yes, that's fine as you'll have 8 months left on it. I would renew it when you get back.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.