Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi , just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Shuttle Direct . com , i`m thinking of booking them for my transfers in september .

I know they are more expensive than resort hopper at £16.50 return , but getting fed up with resorthopper going round every hotel in benidorm to pick up/drop off people.
Hi tartanscone ... you will find lots of mentions of the company in earlier posts. But to avoid sifting through the whole thread, it might be easier to do two searches using the box in the bottom left hand corner of the topic, one using keyword 'shuttle' and one using keyword 'shuttledirect'.

David :wave
Hi Tartanscone, I usually book with Shuttle direct after numerous complaints with Ressorthoppa and do find them better except last time I travelled with them. Because there weren't many of us, they doubled up with Ressorthoppa and put us on one of their transfers.. 2 and a half hours later I arrived at my hotel.. I was fuming... If i'd wanted to book with Resorthoppa then I'd have done that in the first place. :(

Sue :)
tartanscone i have used them everytime in benidorm with no probbs atoll last time there 18th june with in 20min of landing we were on our way and first dropped off at the hotel royal and last on way back exelant service so far
I've used Shuttledirect many times and never had a problem at all. You will need to ring them on the number they give you, the day before your return flight, to confirm time. Always been English or English speaking staff when ive rung them. For your transfer into Benidorm their desk is located on the right of the arrivals hall just in front of the doors...they will tell you where your coach/mini bus is! I've already booked my next transfers with them!

I usually find them a little quicker on journey times than Ressorthoppa, this may be because as they are a little dearer than Resorthoppa, they dont seem to attract the same numbers of travellers, as such, more often than not ive been on a mini bus with them, rather than a large coach as with Resorthppa. Length of journey will always vary dependent on numbers, and routing of drop offs...i've usually found that on the way into Beni most transfers drop of at the Old Town/Poniente areas first and at the Rincon areas last. On the way back to the airport this is usually reversed!

Best Regards - Taggy
you will find at some stage all the bus companys are the same.long times to get to resorts waiting for others ect.just depends when you go i guess.once its get popular you will see the differance.

private Helicopter would be nice from airport to resort.hows that for speed.land on roof of hotel.
Thanks for that everyone , i think my main gripe is the amount of time it takes to get through to some of these companies on the phone , thats why i now like to fly home on less busy days like wednesdays of fridays.
You should be ok with them...ive got through straight away every time ive used them!...I also try to time my flights for mid week too! ;)

Best Regards - Taggy
Hi,

My partner and I are travelling from Alicante Airport to Mojacar in September and are wondering if there is a Shuttle bus. I have been on resorthoppa but they are a little expensive. I think, as we arrive during the early hours of the morning, booking a taxi from Alicante to Mojacar will be the best way to go. However, on our way back, our flight is 5.00 pm in the afternoon. Does anyone know if there is a bus that runs from Mojacar to Alicante? Or even from Mojacar to Benidorm, and then we could get a bus from Benidorm to Alicante that way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Does anyone know if the airport buses still run every hour in the winter?
Thanks Katy
Monday - Sunday. Bus company: Alsa. Price: €8 per person.

From Alicante Airport - Benidorm (Av. Europa): 08.00, 09.00, 10.00, 11.00, 12.00, 13.00, 14.00, 15.00, 16.00, 17.00, 18.00*, 19.00, 20.00*, 21.00 and 23.00

From Benidorm (Av. Europa) - Alicante Airport: 07.00, 08.00, 09.00, 10.00, 11.00, 12.00, 13.00, 14.00, 15.00, 16.00, 17.00*, 18.00, 19.00* 20.00, and 22.00.

* Only in July & August
plus this link as well ok

http://www.apartrent.co.uk/costa%20blanca/airport%20bus.htm
Well, having just returned I can say that managing without a hire car was a doddle!
I booked the transfers through Shuttle Direct who seem to subcontract it out to a local firm called Flybus. There were only a dozen or so passengers on big, air conditioned coaches in both directions. I was impressed that the driver waited about half an hour at the airport for two late passengers. Obviously a few people were moaning, but imagine being the ones who arrive late to find the coach has already left.
We used the local buses to get to all the parks, as well as days out to Cala Finestrat and Altea. All tickets are 1.25 euros, however far you go. The bus trip back from Terra Mitica was as exciting as any of the rollercoasters!! The buses are far more regular than UK ones and run until all hours.
In the end, the greedy hire car companies have saved me a packet.
Does anyone know if the bus from Alicante airport to Benidorm still runs every half hour in the winter - Jan & Feb?
Thanks
Katy
Anyone used this Service (Shuttle Services)
1. Are they reliable
2. Are they located in Alicanti Airport if so were abouts.
3. Do they drop off at the Hotel and Pick up again from the Hotel (On Time)

Thanks

Colin
NI
Colin, is it Shuttle Direct that you mean? If so then yes i've always found them Reliable, their desk is on the right on side just before the exit doors as you pass through the arrivals hall, and they've always dropped me off at my Hotel and Picked me up on time...i'm using them again next week!

Best Regards - Taggy
I recently booked a transfer with Best Resort Care for my Mum and so far I'm not impressed!! I paid for it through paypal and was sent a receipt for this. I should then have been sent a confirmation email from Best Resort Care with the details on so I could print them off for my Mum but one never arrived. The next day I phoned their office in Benidorm and was told that they would send an email straight away but again I didn't get one.

The next day I spoke to a lady called Lyn who apologised and said that she would send an email but again, nothing.. I was very careful in making sure that they had the correct details of my email address and I've also looked in my spam folder but there's nothing there.

I've tried ringing this morning and it says.. "The other person has hung up" . Just wondered if anyone else has or is having any problems with this company.

Thanks

Sue :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.