Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
http://www.davidgutteridge.com

David is a great guy.. 100% genuine.. I have used him several times for our transfers and he's always been the perfect gentleman as well as an extremely safe driver and his prices are very reasonable, I would recommend him for your transfers and wish him good luck with the launch of his new company at the beginning of September.

From Sue and family..:-)
Could anyone give me some bus advice please.

From Alicante to Benidorm I've travelled with prestige tours and found it superb, I've also travelled with resorthoppa and found it dreadfull (4 hours).

This October we want to get there as quickly and cheaply as possible, so I'm going to try catching the bus this time, but still can't suss out what I need to be doing. We have daytime flights.
The website link is confusing me :cry

I assume the following:- we leave the terminal, go up the ramp and look for stand 28, where we board the bus and pay the driver 8 euro each to get to Benidorm, Av. Europa, via a stop at the bus terminal.

If I'm correct with the above please can someone advise me on the following.
1) How and where do I buy a ticket for the journey back? I don't want to book too far in advance because the time may change.
2) where exactly does the bus stop (nearest pub) please.
thanks in advance :tup
It is some years ago we used Easyjet transfers from the airport to Benidorm and it was very good. As anyone used them recently and who do they use. :cheers
well not done Alicante to benidorm before,but i guess you get a ticket from the office at station.

or do you mean airport to benidorm.is if that bustop is across road from fag shop.pay driver.av Europa.walk down the steps and get your return ticket ok.don;t leave till last day.you will not get on.then you have got to get to your hotel from there and back.so why not use a transfer company.resorthopper are ok.i bet you had to wait at airport lasttime for others.then drop offs all adds up.just pot luck you got a full bus i bet.

have to be carefull as easyjet/travelrepublic and others use resorthopper and others as a agent.they dont have there own buses.and take a small cut.
thanks for that djwoody. :cheers I'm a bit clearer now but still a bit unsure. :(
I meant the airport. I've used resorthoppa twice and it took 2 hours the first time and a massive 4 hours the second time, so never again for me, although I admit I may have been unlucky and others find it o.k.

What I really want to know is:-
1) what is the nearest pub or hotel from where the bus drops off at the ave europa? (I just want to get my bearings)
2) where exactly can I buy a ticket for the journey back?

I might bite the bullet and pay for a taxi yet, it all seems a bit complicated :yikes
the service bus stops on calle gerona , from rockstar bar walk 100 yards to the dual carriageway , bus stop is just round the corner up hill
Why dont you book another transfer company ive been using A2B my last 3 trips and they have been spot on After i had a bad of it with resort hoppa .Go onto there website A2Btransfers.com .You have to phone them the day before your pick up they give you a time that they will pick you up mazza
David from Prestige Tours has now formed his own company, which you can contact on the website below if you wanted a private transfer. As you've used him before you'll know the top class reliable service he provides!

http://www.costablancaprivatetransfers.com/

If however you would want a shared service then i much prefer Shuttledirect over Resorthoppa. They tend not to have as many drop off's and pick up's as resorthoppa and therefore get you there quicker. Was just over an hour in each direction when i used them over the last couple of weeks. I've used them many times and never had a problem!

Best Regards - Taggy
Travelling 1st week in November

Shuttle Direct/Resort Hoppa/A2B

Do these transfer company have kiosks in Alicante Arrivals Termanal.

And do they pick you up automatically on your return leg or do they provide a phone number to contact them to confirm pick up times etc etc.

And more importantly -- Are They reliable for pick up on your return journey

Thanks
Colin B
Northern Ireland
Colin....the desks are on the right hand side, just before you exit the airport at terminal 1.
You show them your printed confirmation and they will direct you to the correct coach.

We have never had a problem with Resorthopper but others have! and they usually have the pick up times displayed the day before departure on the hotels reception desk, but you may have to phone at least 24hrs before your return.
Most reviews on here seem to favour Shuttle Direct or A2b, and you will have to phone to confirm pick up times.

I've found Travelrepublic the cheapest who seem to use Resorthopper, but they tend to pick you up from the hotel a bit too early....Caz
I prefer Shuttledirect as they usually have less drop off's & pick up's. Their desks as mentioned are to the right on your way out of arrivals just in front of the exit doors. You need to ring them up, on the number they will give you, between 24-48 hours before your return. They will tell you this at the airport when they show you where your Coach/Mini Bus is. I've never had a problem with them, and used them many times. I've never had a problem getting through to them on the phone either!

Best Regards - Taggy
does anybody know where the bag drop off area is for jet2.com at alicante airport
barneybubs wrote:
does anybody know where the bag drop off area is for jet2.com at alicante airport

There doesn't always appear to be one. Last time i was there last month they just opened up 3 check-in desks and everyone queued together, on some previous visits there was a separate queue for on-line check in!

Best Regards - Taggy
thanks for this info. My Dad is travelling alone next month and is not the most confident of travellers so was panicking about coming home. This clears the matter up. Thanks again :)
We went on the bus this time, from Alicante airport to Benidorm, this is how it works.
You come out of terminal 1 and walk straight across the road up a slight ramp, the bus stop to Benidorm is clearly signed, there was a lady next to the stop selling tickets, and she spoke English and was helpful.
It was 8 euros each, the bus runs every hour, on the hour, during the day, it only stops twice and takes just under an hour, the first stop is the main bus terminal at the top of av. europa and the second is at the bottom of av. europa, the junction with calle gerona, near to the rock star bar.
(right next to a taxi rank, which is handy)

coming back, buses run every hour, on the hour, during the day and it's the same bus stop where it drops you off, you pay on the bus, there is no longer a ticket booth nearby. It's the same fare going back - 8 euros.

so, all in all, it went very smoothly and for some people it might be the best way, it depends on circumstances. At 16 Euro return, it may be the cheapest and quickest way of doing it.
Possible drawbacks - if you buy the tickets at the bus stop or on the bus, there may be a remote chance that the bus may be full up, although you can avoid this by booking tickets online, it doesn't allow for late flights etc, so it's not worth the risk. Personally it wouldn't worry me, the worst thing is you catch the next bus, and they are probably not full up that often.
There were a few rowdy people on the bus, but it was just high spirits really, nothing nasty.

Link below that takes you to the bus timetable.

http://www.alsa.es/portal/site/Alsa?portal.alsa.request.locale=en_GB
Hi,does anybody know whether there is a bus from Alicante airport that goes to San Pedro,we are thinking of using a friend's villa but would prefer not to hire a car,thanks,T.
Does anyone know what the price of Smirnoff vodka is at Alicante airport departures duty free.
Hi pipefitter ... if you don't get the info here, it may be worth emailing their Customers Services Department to ask for prices:
atencion.clientes@aldeasa.es

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.