Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
For regular visitors, please be aware that the new terminal at Alicante airport will be fully operational on Thursday 24 March 2011. Terminals 1 and 2 will close at the same time.
Anyone used Lowcost travelextras for transfers if so where they any good. :cheers
Last day for the 2 existing terminals today. I will get some pics of the new terminal tomorrow and post them.
I fly to Alicante airport on 2nd April.
Supposed to pick up a transfer to Cala Finistrat by A2b transfers. in terminal 1 at the ABAS desk.

Never been to Alicante before..... and now they change the airport!!!

Will it be pretty obvious where to go to pick up my transfer in the new airport?

I realise as its brand spanking new nobody may have used it yet... but if someone does, could they give us a heads up on the layout please?

:)
i am off nextweek and back before you go.i will let you know.but i would think it depends which airline you use on wether its t1 or t2.both i will say should lead you to where buses will be.and all the desked for tour ops and bus firms.
I'll suss it out tomorrow for you reptar and let you know.
djwoody wrote:
i am off nextweek and back before you go.i will let you know.but i would think it depends which airline you use on wether its t1 or t2.both i will say should lead you to where buses will be.and all the desked for tour ops and bus firms.

Both T1 & T2 will be closed by then woody!

Best Regards - Taggy
flew back yesterday from new terminal,absolute nightmare trying to find were to go,but its very impresive with a lot more to offer,and im sure once you get your bearings it will be ok ;)
Flew back today and when we were there it was chaos. The "old" terminal had check in desks facing you as you walk in and you queue back towards the doors and then go behind the desks to make your way to departures. The new check in desks are facing each other so where you have 2 seperate flights checking in at the same time, the back of the queues meet so then causing the continuation of the queues to run side by side back towards the main doors very quickly, and to make matters worse when you have checked in you then have to battle back through the queues to make your way to the departure lounges.

Then whilst waiting for our flights by the departure gates we actually saw a number of arriving passengers actually return through the actual gates where you go through to board the plane and they then make their way through the departure lounge to baggage reclaim. Now this may be common elsewhere but I have never seen this before.

Kevin-I am interested to hear when you say they have "a lot more to offer" what kind of things these are.
do you know if there is anywhere for a crafty fag in the new building at all.like there was the old gate 11
UKtony??..I dont get your point??

Best Regards - Taggy
I don't smoke so I don't know if there is anywhere to have a crafty fag in the new building :que
uk tony.i meant a lot more to offer in the shops and restaurant areas,sorry for the confussion :que
Here is my report on the new terminal and what I have managed to discover so far!

http://bit.ly/hxILpg
Looks like we are in for an adventure. 2 weeks tomorrow. Can't come soon enough. Done my online check in so all paperwork now complete. :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.