Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Due to the seasonal alterations to timetables, it may be best to use the bus company's own website, where you can check services by specific date. The weblink can be found on page 1 of this topic.

David :wave
Help. I canot believe the problems I am having trying to book ALSA bus tickets Alicante Airport to Benidorm. The site is so slow, it keeps timing itself out before I can get past page 2. I hAve been trying for several days now. Any tips, and are there generally seats on the bus if we don't manage to book. Travelling out 28th May.

Thanks
It may have changed, but last time I tried to book online with them, they would only accept Spanish credit and debit cards.

I can't give you any info on how often the bus is filled, but we have not had a problem with it.
Thanks for the info Pebbles. Last time I managed to get as far as page 3 of the booking procedure, we were asked which seats we wanted on the bus, and they were all available. Guess we'll take our chances. By the way, can you remember the number of the bus.

Thanks again
Sorry don't know the number, but the bus shelter has Benidorm written on it in big letters. Hard to miss.
It seems that most people are recommending Shuttledirect. Does anyone know how many people they pick up? Or are you waiting a while? Does the shuttle go everywhere dropping a lot of people off?
We used Shuttle Direct at Xmas. The bus was quite full and dropped off in the Old Town first then we were one of the first to be dropped off in the New Town as we were staying at the Madeira Centro. I would guess we were on the bus about an hour.

It would depend where you were staying as to whether you were dropped off first or last.

luci :wave
Hi, we are travelling with Ryanair and dont have much luggage allowance, wanting to take cigs back with us and were wondering if there is a link to the prices at alicante or if anyone could tell us the price of mayfair cigs as we would hopefully like to purchase these at duty free to free up our baggage allowance. ;)

Any help appreciated.

Marion
Whats your "hand baggage" allowance with them.? We usually put a few packets in Cases, and take the rest on as hand baggage to make the most of that allowance! I'd still by them in resort, why pay extra at the airport?

Best Regards - Taggy
How far is the new Tabac at the airport and where is it in relation to the check in desks area?

luci :wave
just across the road were the car park is,near the bus stop to benidorm
Hi thanks for answers but will prob buy in resort.

Marion
:tup
hi all going to benni for 3days on the 25th of july could you please tell me were to get the bus about at the airport and also does anyone know if there would be any busses back from benni on the 28th july it would be early as my flight back is 6.40 in the morrnig :really :really do they run that early
any inffo please

the fatboy
Hi Fatboy, here is the current timetable

http://www.alicante-spain.com/benidorm_denia.html

It looks like you're out of luck for the return journey to the airport as the first bus doesn't get there until 7am.

Sue :)
Hi Fatboy and Sue an anyone else that is interested.
Pity about your early flight. But I would comment as follows:
For the first time we used the Alsa bus from the airport. Anyone will direct you to the stop. It costs 8 euro, and unlike the shuttles, goes direct to either the new bus station or Avd Europa so depends on where you are staying whether you walk or take a taxi - there are ranks in close proximity to both bus stops. We are using the term bus but in actual fact they are coaches and are linked to our own National Express network.
From the airport to Beni, you pay the driver. Going back to the airport you can book your ticket at either the new bus station or the Alsa office on Avd. Europa. No one seemed to notice as they sat everywhere, but you do have an allocated seat number, useful if the bus is full. Didn't sus out the number of the local buses that go to the new Bus station though. Would be grateful if anyone has that info as we hiked it up the hill to catch the bus (coach) to Calpe one day.

One last thing - the (pick up Benidorm to Airport) timetable said the coach picked up first from the terminal which is the Bus Station. In actual fact when it arrived it was half full as it had picked up from Europa first. Don't know if people missed the bus, bit dicey when you have a plane to catch.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.